PDA

View Full Version : Descriptions and values do not match, working as intended?

Archived Post
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Problem: “Descriptions” and “Values” often do not match in this game. For this reason I am not sure which is correct and thus how to accurately report, i.e.:

Is the description right and the value wrong? Description bug
Is the description wrong and the value right? Value bug

I am going to start a list of things that I have seen where something seems amiss, I am sure I will miss many, so if you have more to add please do. There are a few, so I will place them in categories:

Power Categories.

Question: What is the difference between Ranged/Close and Ranged/Close Area attacks? I would think that:

Ranged/Close = targets 1 target (Targets Foe)
Ranged/Close Area = targets a target and enemies within a certain area/radius (Targets Foe, 3-5+ Max)

I would think that the category you put them in would have some balance impact, like area doing less damage then ranged/close to account for it hitting multiple targets. Giving a clear label like Ranged/Close = single target / Area = multiple targets would be nice.

Force Cascade - Ranged Attack but Targets Foe 5 max?
GigaBolt - Ranged Attack but Targets Foe 5 max?
Ice Burst - Ranged Attack but Targets Foe 5 max?
Breakaway Shot - Ranged Attack but Targets Foe 3 max?
Gatling Gun - Ranged Attack but Targets Foe 5 max?
Mini Gun - Ranged Attack but Targets Foe 5 max?
Roomsweeper - Close Attack but Targets Foe 5 max?

Are these bugged by being in the wrong category. If so, are they further bugged for their stats not being valued based on the appropriate category?

Builds/Roles:

Guardian = base value, I will base values off how the roles change from this build.
Power Damage + 0%, Defense value + 0%, Heath =5137 Energy Bar = 37/105, Control + 0%, Buff + 0%.

Protector = (+) defense, self buff. (-) damage, buffing and control
Power Damage + 0%, Defense value + 0%, Heath =6409 Bar = 30/85, Control + 0%, Buff + 0%.
Difference = + 1272 health, - 7/20 on energy bar
Why is there no increase to defense and self buff; why is there no decrease to attack damage, buff and control? Or why does the description not say Increases Health and Decreases Energy?

Avenger = (+) Damage. (-) defense, buffing and control
Power Damage + 20%, Defense value + 0%, Heath =3583 Bar = 37/105, Control + 0%, Buff + 0%.
Difference = - 1554 health, +20% damage
Why is there no decrease to defense, buffing and control? Or why does the description not say Increases Damage and Decreases Health?

Sentinel = (+) Buff and Control (-) damage and defense
Power Damage = base / 1.2, Defense value + 0%, Heath =4272 Bar = 70/105, Control + 0%, Buff + ?% works for some and not for others.
Difference = + 865 health, + 33/0 on energy bar, increases some buffs, decreases damage by 16.67%
Why is there no decrease to defense, what does it increase some buffs but not others? Or why does the description not say Decreases Damage and Health; increases control and some buffs.

Super Stat Descriptions

Presence says it increases heals. Yet does not effect the following heals: Bionic Healing, Resurrection serum, Redemption?

Dexterity says it increases stealth. Yet it does not seem to effect any stealth powers?

I think that is a good start.