PDA

View Full Version : STO Forums v CO Forums

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 09:19 AM
I really think Cryptic needs to open their eyes at this point. It seems that pushing out MMO after MMO is NOT making players (money people) happy at all. It seems everyone over there for the most part thinks their game should still be in BETA. While we sit over here and play a LIVE ACTION BETA V2 game.

I didn't buy STO because I personally am sticking to my conviction of they are not making quality MMOs.

Someone with posting privilages over there should go tell those people that Cryptic DOES refund Lifetime subscriptions if they are not happy. I read atleast 50 posts last night of people who want their money back but dont think they can get it.

CRYPTIC something is WRONG with your "Vision". People arent happy. I have personally never seen unhappiness on this scale before.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't think anything is wrong with their vision. It's more like something is wrong with their approach to that vision, if they have a vision to begin with. I haven't seen this much negativity in the community of an MMO in my online gaming career either. I've never even seen F2P MMO communities this ticked off.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't think anything is wrong with their vision. It's more like something is wrong with their approach to that vision, if they have a vision to begin with. I haven't seen this much negativity in the community of an MMO in my online gaming career either. I've never even seen F2P MMO communities this ticked off.

That is the love that Cryptic spreads with their McMMOs.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
The scary thing is that they learned their lesson about refunds:

Remember how we could buy a lifetime or 6 month for CO independently of buying the retail game? If someone really wanted to they could have bought a lifetime and waited till the November bargain deals. But STO requires a pre-order for special sub deals.

That wouldn't be such a big deal, except most STO pre-orders were not refundable (after using the open beta key that is)!

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 11:08 AM
That is the love that Cryptic spreads with their McMMOs.

Isn't it Atari's business model that has everyone in an uproar, not Cryptic? If I recall correctly, Cryptic started developing CO and was then bought out (?) by Atari. Cryptic develops the game and Atari is the one that rapes and pillages their player base. Let's put the blame where it belongs...on Atari.

Before Atari took over, I was highly optmistic for CO. When they took overI became more sceptical, especially after hearing about some of their other fiascos, but my faith was in Cryptic. I fear that the corporate monster is too much for Cryptic to do any good. The devs are probably sitting in their cubicals reading the Paragon Studios want ads.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Isn't it Atari's business model that has everyone in an uproar, not Cryptic? If I recall correctly, Cryptic started developing CO and was then bought out (?) by Atari. Cryptic develops the game and Atari is the one that rapes and pillages their player base. Let's put the blame where it belongs...on Atari.

Before Atari took over, I was highly optmistic for CO. When they took overI became more sceptical, especially after hearing about some of their other fiascos, but my faith was in Cryptic. I fear that the corporate monster is too much for Cryptic to do any good. The devs are probably sitting in their cubicals reading the Paragon Studios want ads.

Atari wants to profit from subscriptions + micro-transactions, yes, but Cryptic and the devs are the ones directly responsible for the bad patches, the bad communication, and the terrible two months during which they ignored us in favor of STO. Atari just wants them to make profit, how they go about doing so is up to Cryptic, and they are the ones who screwed us.

Look at it this way, if your problem is that subscriptions + microtransactions are always too greedy no matter what, then yes OK it is Atari's fault. But myself and several others would consider paying this much, if Cryptic wasn't treating us so badly with the bugs and the deceptive communication. Therefore I hope Atari actually steps in and saves this mess with some additional oversight, because clearly the Cryptic management is lacking all good business sense, losing even their loyal fans.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I
Someone with posting privilages over there should go tell those people that Cryptic DOES refund Lifetime subscriptions if they are not happy..

You are talking about Lifetimes to STO right? Because I was told that CO Lifetimes are non-refundable. I would really like to cancel the Lifetime here, its not going to end up being worth it when they close the game in a couple months.

If they were smart they would pro-rate and refund my sub so I would stop posting.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Other than the servers being down a few times this past weekend, I have not found anything particularly wrong with STO... I really like it so far. Servers being down are part of any launch -- for example, WoW with the pre-Lich King patch, I couldn't play that entire first day due to my server being down.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
You are talking about Lifetimes to STO right? Because I was told that CO Lifetimes are non-refundable.

No, CO lifetimes (and 6-mo) were INDEED refundable, back in September 2009.
The official reason you had to give was 'day-1 patch', because you could argue that the game that was sold to players in open beta was significantly different on Sept 1, after an unannounced patch which included massive nerfs.

I had a guildmate who actually gave that as an excuse late September to get his refund when really he mostly got it for beta access to STO, something he eventually got later that month anyway. That, and his dismay over glaring pvp imbalances were all the excuses he needed to exit the game.

After October though, I never heard of anyone successfully getting a Lifetime or 6-mo sub refunded.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
You are talking about Lifetimes to STO right? Because I was told that CO Lifetimes are non-refundable. I would really like to cancel the Lifetime here, its not going to end up being worth it when they close the game in a couple months.

If they were smart they would pro-rate and refund my sub so I would stop posting.

He is just talking about the refunds that they were giving out until September 30th. And I doubt your posts will damage them more than losing the $120, but I encourage you to try.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 01:11 PM
I have personally never seen unhappiness on this scale before.

I take it you haven't been seeing any of the images from Haiti recently? Hyperbole is cool sometimes, but lets be realistic, at least a little.

Lots of people are upset, but so are they on every MMO forum all over the internet. Cryptic's plan might not be the plan that is going to get them 1 million subs in any particular game, but they are putting out games and making money, thats success in the business world, regardless of how many people are *****ing on your forums. And you know what, their next MMO will sell a lot of copies too (whatever is after STO).

I wouldn't say I'm pleased with Cryptic, but I can't say I'm outraged either, or even really all that unhappy. Things are what they are, CO is getting better, I'm sure STO will improve, and both will never continue to live up to the expectations of the player base, just like pretty much every other game on the market.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Malakili, it is rhetorically unfair to switch the context of that statement to be referring to suffering all over the world. Furthermore, humans are remarkably context sensitive his way, and although the anguish I am feeling about the game would become irrelevant if I or someone I cared about were to get badly hurt, etc, that doesn't lessen the importance of our unhappiness on these forums.

For some people MMO X is literally the reason that gets them up in the morning. They are going to experience real suffering, anguish, and unhappiness when these things fall apart.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
If someone really wanted to they could have bought a lifetime and waited till the November bargain deals.

Thats exactly what I did.

Not by choice though as I did not have a PC, and as such didn't see the point in rushing to get the title.
By the time the PC arrived early in November - CO was half-price. \o/

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
STO will be a greater failure than CO was already. Cryptic will stay in history as a failed attempt to stole MMO players money with unfinished games.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm on both sides of this issue... the real issue, not STO, but about Cryptic and its policies.

NEGATIVE) A lack of content, a lack of communication, and a lot of bugs. Very, very bad. Unless Cryptic makes a dramatic and immediate change, both the game and the company will perish.

POSITIVE) The game is well worth saving. Anyone who says it's a McMMO is speaking without knowledge. Many aspects of the design are original and outstanding, and the graphics are gloriously colorful and at times surreally beautiful (I'm thinking of Lemuria). CO is a fantastic game, with serious flaws. I think the gaming world would be much poorer without such a game, if only Cryptic will take the time to save both it and themselves.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I really think Cryptic needs to open their eyes at this point. It seems that pushing out MMO after MMO is NOT making players (money people) happy at all. It seems everyone over there for the most part thinks their game should still be in BETA. While we sit over here and play a LIVE ACTION BETA V2 game.

I didn't buy STO because I personally am sticking to my conviction of they are not making quality MMOs.

Someone with posting privilages over there should go tell those people that Cryptic DOES refund Lifetime subscriptions if they are not happy. I read atleast 50 posts last night of people who want their money back but dont think they can get it.

CRYPTIC something is WRONG with your "Vision". People arent happy. I have personally never seen unhappiness on this scale before.

lol
They banned her... But I do agree with this. They need to reformat their company policy on how complete an MMO should be at release.

On a side note how can you tell if you have infractions?

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
She is only banned for a few days.
-

In her OP she is talking about STO LT refunds, they are giving them.
-

Also, Haiti is a real life event. Please dont bring your own political stuff into a thread about INTERNET Video Games. I, like PP, have never seen so many people unhappy with 2 MMOs in my life.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
You can always call Cryptic about Infractions. From dealing with them on an issue were told "In-Game" infractions are handled by Cryptic, and another "company" manages the Forums, per Cryptics directions.

With "In game" infractions you accumulate permanent points for each infraction, whether later overturned or not. The manager I spoke with stated the points are indeed Permanent, and can never be removed. When asked what the points do, or how many equal what sort of action, his reply was that "Thats not yet been determined to a full extent." Good thing, at least, is infractions on Game and Forum do not cross over.

The forums run a bit differently, since 1-3 bans seem fairly common for criticizing Cryptic personal directly, or breaking one of the many forum rules.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
She is only banned for a few days.

Yeah I figured it would be a couple of days. There was a guy attacking people in CB of STO and they only banned him for a couple of days.

Oh I thought there was a way that you could look up if you have any or how many you have through your profile.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh I thought there was a way that you could look up if you have any or how many you have through your profile.

You can. Just look in your PMs I think, or click "My Account". If you have infractions they show up in one of those two.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
You can. Just look in your PMs I think, or click "My Account". If you have infractions they show up in one of those two.

Hum I guess I am clean.... I do not see any notifications.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Hum I guess I am clean.... I do not see any notifications.

She gets infractions because the forums are more fun than the game.
:mad::(

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
lol
Yeah, I have logged in 3 - 4 times to play for about an hour or so with 10 different characters within the last 4 months.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
It's the curse of Hellgate: London. ;)

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM

still can't figure out why the **** you care. according to your posts, COX is the optimal game... so why aren't you there? why does STO business have to be brought up here at CO? if you just want to **** on cryptic, at least be more upfront and honest about it.

i take it you haven't been to the WOW paladin boards, ever. that level of unhappiness, over something game related, i have never seen. only topped by itself months later when new changes went through... and this went on for 4-5 years. might still be going now, dunno. the WoW forums, in general, make this place look pretty civil and orderly.

pretty much any forum behavior, good or bad, can't quite match up to anything i've seen over on the WoW forums... unless the planets are aligned and no one told me.

the vision isn't the problem, it's how they are going about implementing that vision, big difference P_P.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 08:25 PM

Couldn't agree more