PDA

View Full Version : Crash at Cryptic splash screen

Archived Post
01-27-2010, 12:08 PM
I haven't played in ages, decided to check out today's update. Everything patched, now I get this:

Crash > Bug submit > launch > log in > check for updates > verify > mirror > hit play > see Cryptic Splash Screen > crash > rinse and repeat

Is there anything I can do?

Archived Post
01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
BurningChick, OMG thought you quit.

Good to see you, I would just go back to CoX.
Its where I am going.

Archived Post
01-27-2010, 12:39 PM
I had something similar a while ago. There's a 'pefs" file in you 'local data' folder. You can try deleting it (or moving it out of the folder completely) and on the next bootup, the game will redetect your video cards and recreate the file withn default settings (so things may look wierd/different until you mess with the settings again).

I suggest this because early on I had the exact same thing you're experiencing now; and it was diur to a corrupt 'prefs' file.

Archived Post
01-27-2010, 02:40 PM
BurningChick, OMG thought you quit.

Good to see you, I would just go back to CoX.
Its where I am going.

Lifetime sub. Which, frankly, I'm coming to regret considering how little I play.

Thanks for the help, Armsman, but I'm still crashing :(

Archived Post
01-27-2010, 02:52 PM
And, FWIW, same crash wtih "safe mode."

Blaaargh.

Archived Post
02-08-2010, 04:52 AM
And, FWIW, same crash wtih "safe mode."

Blaaargh.

Aaaand ... still crashing.

If I use STO's launcher, I go Star Trek Online > log in > chose CO > Engage > crash > crash report box -- but no verifying of files.

From \Champions Online\Live, I can go to GameClient > splash screen > crash. Again, no verifying of files if I use STO's launcher.

Something's changed in the current build since there's no verification of files.

The interesting thing is that, while I'd like to check out the current iteration of CO, I'm still not motivated enough to take the time to do a full reinstall.