PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk power replacers

Archived Post
01-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Does anyone use the power replacers for fire/ice/darkness/etc that trade stats for a small chance to proc damage?

I've been playing around with them some on my fire charcter and so far I must say I am underwhelmed by their performance. I suspect that they were balanced by taking the expected damage value of the lost stats and converting that to "proc damage" with some added for the lose of other utility higher stats bring (more HP, Energy, etc).

However in play they don't seem to work well for the following reasons.
1) The proc rate is low. While I understand that mathematically the low rate is balanced out with the high damage when it only activates every couple of fights it often feels like they are not doing anything useful.
2) The damage is often wasted. This, I think, is the big issue. A lot of the time the added damage is done to a minion who is going to die on my next AoE attack anyways. So while mathematically it still balances in practice I've traded stats for overkill.
3) They effect limited attack types while stats help every attack. If I've made a character that mixed pistols and martial arts a power replacer is only going to some of my attacks where as increasing my super-stats raises the damage on all of them.

Archived Post
01-27-2010, 06:27 AM
I use the power armor power replacer... It works well with multiple toggles ^_^

But Im retconning that char to a DB soon... But the general consensus is that...is that they suck big time