PDA

View Full Version : Hickman finally made it to Champions!

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 05:19 AM
Troy Hickman known on the CoX forums finally made it over here!

Welcome Troy!

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 07:39 AM
I've never played CoX, but I'm always happy to welcome a new player aboard. :-)

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Hey, thanks! Actually, I've posted here before the game launch and such, but now that I've started playing it (my son got it for me at Christmas, bless his heart), I'm official!

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 07:52 AM
I played CoX, but never much went on the forums.. so I don't know who you are. But welcome! :p

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Hey, thanks! Actually, I've posted here before the game launch and such, but now that I've started playing it (my son got it for me at Christmas, bless his heart), I'm official!

Are you still using the pants sign or did you finally air those out and get an official beacon ;)

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Are you still using the pants sign or did you finally air those out and get an official beacon ;)

I wanted to air them out, but the EPA wouldn't allow it...

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Apparently he writes comic books:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Hickman

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Apparently he writes comic books

My epitaph, sadly...

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the community!

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Get ready for the hate posts over there in CoX-land Troy once the word gets out!

LOL!

Oh and welcome to the land where you can pretty much make ANY type of hero you like! No boundaries my friend!

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Get ready for the hate posts over there in CoX-land Troy once the word gets out!

LOL!

Oh and welcome to the land where you can pretty much make ANY type of hero you like! No boundaries my friend!

Geez, I hope not. Of course, I've never understood things like that. I also don't get thinking one server is superior to another, or one high school thinking all the others blow (as I recall, they are all equally Gehenna). And why, oh why, can't Godzilla and Megalon just get along?

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the dark side.

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Troy. Nice to see you over here.

Unfortunately these boards have just as much drama and hyperbole as the CoX forums do.

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I know not all people who play CoX are like that. But from my last days playin over there, just a mention of this game and I would get attacked in any chat channel. I had a great 5 yrs on CoX. It's just over here I don't feel so limited. And I had done it all over there...........numerous times over. Will it get that way here? Probably. I imagine it does on most MMOs. But I don't feel I "owe" CoX anything. Heck they got 5 yrs worth of my monthly subscription! All I know is the vile hatred for this game and Cryptic runs rampant on their forums. And the status you have over there, I would imagine there will be alot of "traitor" and "I cant believe you went over THERE to play!". Even though you still play CoX.

I am glad you are here and giving this game a go. Is it perfect? No. Does it have everything CoX has? No. (CoX has 5yrs worth of content and this game is new). But this game on its own is very fun to me. In fact I would say Champions and City of Heroes is more different than the same. Same super hero themed game...very different play.

Oh just dont let Perfect Pain and Golden Girl know your here. You may not have a butt left!...........LOL

My global is @Grazer.......gimme a shout in game!

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 01:20 PM
My epitaph, sadly...

That's the name of that comic! I remember reading an article in Wizard about that, or did I read the comic....Anyhoo I am gonna pick that one up. :)

edit. Oh an welcome to the game. If you need help, just ask:)

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Is Love Life still posting on the CoX forums? Her forum avatars used to make me feel all funny inside.

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 02:08 PM
The "traitor" thing is already winding up over there.

By the way. I'll give you a 550 x 217 px guess of who I am, Mr Hickman...

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Great to see you over here as well, Troy. Hope you enjoy this game too!

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Salutations Mr. Hickman and welcome .

Archived Post
01-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Hey there and welcome have to say I really liked Common Grounds.

Archived Post
01-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Welcome, Troy, nice to see you here.

I'm a big fan of the CoH comics issues you wrote, and the Story Arc it later became.

Hit me up if you're looking for a good Roleplay super group, with a more casual focus for people with a real life to deal with.

Archived Post
01-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks much for the greetings and kind words, folks.

Archived Post
01-16-2010, 04:09 PM

I'm a big fan of the CoH comics issues you wrote, and the Story Arc it later became.

Hit me up if you're looking for a good Roleplay super group, with a more casual focus for people with a real life to deal with.

Aye, Rune and I have met in-game and he seems like a great guy, and his group seems to be a really great one. You could do much... much worse. =D

And welcome to CO. If you don't mind a little starting advice, find a good supergroup. Oh, and take things slowly. Very slowly.

Archived Post
01-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Troy read this link to this post. Might help ya enjoy the game a bit more.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=97683

Archived Post
01-16-2010, 09:27 PM
YAY NEW PLAYER!

Hello Mr. Hickman.

Quick question - when is Twilight Guardian coming out?
( My autographed copy of the pilot issue still sits proudly on my bookshelf .)

Archived Post
01-17-2010, 08:15 AM

Thanks, Rune. I may take you up on that!

And if you enjoyed the arc, you'll probably like the Guest Author arc I did for Architect, which should be out any time now.

Archived Post
01-17-2010, 08:16 AM
YAY NEW PLAYER!

Hello Mr. Hickman.

Quick question - when is Twilight Guardian coming out?
( My autographed copy of the pilot issue still sits proudly on my bookshelf .)

Hiya, Nod! Top Cow tells me the TG mini-series is scheduled for this year (knock on wood).

Archived Post
04-24-2010, 12:59 AM
I miss Troy...

Archived Post
04-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Hello Troy, Welcome to the other super hero game :)

Archived Post
04-24-2010, 01:47 AM
Welcome to the game

Archived Post
04-24-2010, 02:04 AM
Hello Troy, Welcome to the other super hero game :)

Welcome to the game
Checking post dates might be a good thing for you two.

Archived Post
04-24-2010, 02:09 AM
wow I didnt realize

Archived Post
04-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Wiseman : Clatto Verata Nicto.

Ash : Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Clatto... Verata... N-[coughs]

Ash: [pause] Okay... that's it!

It's the Necronomithread all over again! Run before the little Ashes show up! Run I say RUN!!!!

Archived Post
04-24-2010, 08:52 AM
It's the Necronomithread all over again! Run before the little Ashes show up! Run I say RUN!!!!

It's Rune.. uh......

Oh... You weren't calling for me.

Archived Post
04-24-2010, 01:54 PM
My epitaph, sadly...

You won an Eisner? I may actually have to read your stuff now.....