PDA

View Full Version : power

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Well i think for every special there should be new powers like for that special i think like the powers that the joker would have a suggestion on a power would be transforming into animals power

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Well i think for every special there should be new powers like for that special i think like the powers that the joker would have a suggestion on a power would be transforming into animals power

... what!?

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 02:03 PM

And if you the want have potato randy dolphins with maybe a kind have missionable ripple?

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 02:04 PM
... what!?

Blue, I think. :confused:

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Sometimes I like to get hammered and pretend I understand things.

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 02:06 PM
The answer is yes.

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 03:31 PM

I'd like to be able to say that I understood this sentence, and to reply to it correctly. I hate to make it glaringly obvious, friend, but what you have posted is very hard for an average human being to read and make sense of properly. When you say 'every special', what do you mean? Do you mean for every special person like yourself?

Maybe that was a bit harsh...

Basically you're suggesting new powersets / powers? You could have said this:

Well I think that there should be new powersets with new powers, possibly special, unlockable powersets. I really like The Joker, Batman's rival and Gotham City's greatest threat. He may suggest new power ideas for this game if he were a real person and not merely a fictional character in a made-up city. I have thought about the kind of powers he would bring forward extensively, losing hours of sleep and even forgetting to eat over it. One suggestion for a new powerset could be transforming into various animals such as birds, wolves, bears and cats.

Please take time to read this post properly and review how I have changed your sentence for you. Is this anything close to what you were trying to say? If not then my faith in humanity is actually dead. DEAD.

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
It's been brought to my attention recently that I could benefit from being nicer in my commentary, so I'm going to experiment with providing clearly labeled Nice and Not Nice comments - please read whichever you prefer and ignore the other.

Nice Comment:
It's entirely possible that the OP doesn't speak English as his primary language but felt, as this is an American development house, that posting his suggestion in English would be a good idea.

Not Nice Comment:
Please take time to read this post properly and review how I have changed your sentence for you. Is this anything close to what you were trying to say? If not then my faith in humanity is actually dead. DEAD.
My faith in the overwhelming majority of "humanity" has been dead for quite some time; stuff like this doesn't even qualify as beating the corpse, because the corpse has long since been ground into dust and scattered to the four corners of the Earth. This is just par for the course, considering that it's now actually possible to track intellectual de-evolution on a generational basis - I now reserve what little of my hope is left for those who demonstrate a measurable aspiration to be more than merely human.

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 07:28 PM
What he may mean by Special is maybe the Superstat specialization? So he could be saying that when you choose one of your superstats, you get a special power.

I really don't get how it all combines to the Joker turning into an animal.

Let me have a go at a rewrite:

Well, I think for every special there should be new powers (again, we have to figure out what he means by Special). Like for that special, I think (which Special?) like the powers that the joker would have. A suggestion on a power would be transforming into animals.

So the big mystery here is what you mean by Special. Possibly passives? Maybe crafting? Mysticism = transformation, Arms = big guns?

This would mean that a player with a certain Superstat or Crafting school would have a power that nobody else could have unless they're in that same set, sorta like the craftable travel powers.

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Sometimes I like to get hammered and pretend I understand things.

Send some this way, Mines all gone now. i'll pay ya back, I promise. Besides aren't they already doing something like that with the craftable Travel Powers? Hope that sounds good since I'm faking the whole thing.

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 08:08 PM
I really don't get how it all combines to the Joker turning into an animal.
I wasn't aware that the Joker had any "powers" aside from guanopsychosis.

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Eh, either way you look at the post, deciphering it is going to be one hell of a shot in the dark.

*BUT*

I read it as the ESL/illiterate poster suggesting that with every "special" event Cryptic should add powers to the game.

Well i think for every special [event] there should be new powers; like for that [previous] special [event]. I think like the powers that the joker would have. A suggestion on a power would be transforming into animals power

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Well, Cryptic added Celestial frame in Halloween Event, Blood Moon. Joker meaning the Black Harlequin? Power to transform into an animal, as Clarence appears? Big teddy appearing when harlequin dissappears, may look like him transforming to Clarence.
If i think what op said even a minute more, my brain strangles itself...

Archived Post
01-05-2010, 11:43 PM

Translation (I think):

I think that as part of every special event, such as the recent winter holiday featuring the Black Harlequin, there should be a new power set, appropriate to the event, released. For example, perhaps some form of animal shapeshifting, which seems not inappropriate for a character such as the Black Harlequin.

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Translation (I think):

I think that as part of every special event, such as the recent winter holiday featuring the Black Harlequin, there should be a new power set, appropriate to the event, released. For example, perhaps some form of animal shapeshifting, which seems not inappropriate for a character such as the Black Harlequin.

Ooooh good take on "special." You get 3832 Offender Bucks.

Although I still don't think he meant a new powerset, rather a new power to go along with whatever sort of unique thing he chose (such as crafting skill or Super Stat... I STAND BY THAT!)

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Translation (I think):

You sir must have a babel fish installed in your ear. I salute you.

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Translation (I think):
This might indeed be the correct translation of the OP, which then brings up a different question:

How would Animal Transformation be appropriate to a Gageteering villain, exactly?

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM
I think the gist of the OP's post is that he is suggesting they make more special powers.

Jaysus, you all didn't need to be unproductive about it instead of trying to help. In which case if that's what he meant, then OP, you should take this to the Suggestions forum.

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I think the gist of the OP's post is that he is suggesting they make more special powers.

Jaysus, you all didn't need to be unproductive about it instead of trying to help. In which case if that's what he meant, then OP, you should take this to the Suggestions forum.

You're only jealous because he's more articulate than you are and is getting the attention you so crave.

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:31 PM
If laughter is the best medicine, how do you know all of the posters on the thread don't have a debilitating illness, and they're just healing themselves.

I'm disappointed in you, Pencil, preventing dying people from healing and all.

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Man, I lost INT from this.

Thanks.

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Guys, you are misreading it:

I used to write and type EXACTLY like that (grammer wise, my leggibilty is still bad.
There are no periods were there should be. You guys have done a great job of translating, but you need to sepreate the statments correctly first:

"Well, i think for every special there should be new powers.
like for that special i think like the powers that the joker would have.
A suggestion on a power would be transforming into animals power"

See? now translate that! :cool:

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Guys, you are misreading it:

I used to write and type EXACTLY like that (grammer wise, my leggibilty is still bad.
There are no periods were there should be. You guys have done a great job of translating, but you need to sepreate the statments correctly first:

"Well, i think for every special there should be new powers.
like for that special i think like the powers that the joker would have.
A suggestion on a power would be transforming into animals power"

See? now translate that! :cool:He wants more creative powers like being able to transform into animals and possibly explosive toys.

It's not very hard to translate if you're not being black and white about what he's saying.

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:47 PM
But Michael Jackson taught me it doesn't matter if you're Black or White.

Now I'm even more confused.

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
He wants more creative powers like being able to transform into animals and possibly explosive toys.

It's not very hard to translate if you're not being black and white about what he's saying.

Thats the main gist of it.

"Well, i think for every special there should be new powers."

This may be one of two things:
1. he switched the "special" and "powers" so it should be:
"Well, i think for every Power(set?) there should be new specials."
Or 2: He means speacial as in the event (as stated before).

There chould be multple other switchs that can be done, but I forgot what I was going to say....

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 02:12 PM

Attempted translation:

I think it would be nice if for each seasonal event there was a new power set introduced as part of the event. For example, for the Winter Event it would have been kool if they introduced some new powers that related to Black Harlequin. Perhaps something like a power set based on shape shifting into animal forms.

I'm really not sure how the animal forms relate to Black Harlequin, but that's what the run on sentence seems to be suggesting. It's rather difficult to translate lazinese.

:cool:

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 02:35 PM
What the hell, here's my attempt:

I think for every special event there should be new powers. e.g., for the special event we've just had, the powers that the Joker would have [possibly this refers to Black Harlequin as others are suggesting, but I'm not so sure]. A suggestion on an power would be a "transforming into animals" power.

I think it's a decent suggestion.

Possibly English is not his/her first language, and I'm as ignorant of foreign langauges as any other good Englishman, but I do seem to recall they have punctuation in foreign languages too. Meh, maybe I'm mis-remembering.

What the hell has happened to education in liberal capitalist democracies?

(Well, I can tell you what's happened. When the State takes over education, it has to show that it's doing a good job. The the easiest way to do that without actually spending the money to do a good job is to surreptitiously and gradually lower the standards of exams so that it looks statistically like more people are getting better education - so long as you don't look too closely. Actually the rot started decades ago. I'm from Scotland, UK. I remember roundabout 1971 doing a "past paper" in Physics from the late 50s as practice for my then-upcoming "H" grade exams, and already at that time the decline in standards was obvious - the late 1950s paper was much harder than the 1971 exam we were about to do. With the introduction of "multiple choice" questions in exams, it was all over. Now our societies are full of feral little barbarians who seem to be incapable of using a common language for ease of communication.)

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Attempted translation:

I think it would be nice if for each seasonal event there was a new power set introduced as part of the event. For example, for the Winter Event it would have been kool if they introduced some new powers that related to Black Harlequin. Perhaps something like a power set based on shape shifting into animal forms.

I'm really not sure how the animal forms relate to Black Harlequin, but that's what the run on sentence seems to be suggesting. It's rather difficult to translate lazinese.

:cool:

I think this is the winner. I don't think he intended any relation between Black Harlequin and the shapeshifting.

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 03:09 PM

I think the same thing.
Completely Animal!

Archived Post
01-06-2010, 03:56 PM

It's a known bug, and is being addressed in the patch that's on PTS right now.

How's that for fast service?

Archived Post
01-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I think this is the winner. I don't think he intended any relation between Black Harlequin and the shapeshifting.

Exactly.
As I have stated. one of the most commen mistakes us illegible people have is the lack of useing something to show a end of a statement and the start of a new one.