PDA

View Full Version : PVP may not be balanced, but what is up with the Arena making it worse???

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 11:48 AM
It seems like nearly every time I go in an arena it is 3 vs. 1, 2 vs. 1, 3 vs. 2. Maybe it is due to the low population and even lower number who will PVP. What I really don't get is when in a 3 vs. 2 the arena adds more people to the 3 team before the 2 team. Seems like pretty basic programing to balance out the teams. Seems like even more basic logic that in any pvp scenario 33%+ advantages to one team don't make a fun experience and shouldn't launch a PVP arena. I can guess the core problem comes from the arena trying to launch balanced teams and people opting out. I'd rather wait longer though for a large balanced group where a few opt outs don't matter than a short timer and another bugged arena.

This just stacks onto the joke of PVP in this game. I'm at the point with all the broken PVP powers that it isn't even a real option. Melee powers that nearly all take a power up to work against moving targets and energy builders with no range - good grief that is dumb. The worse part is the group quest rarely are part of the game and rarely can get a full group. There is no real social aspect, or group, or pvp aspect to Champions. I wonder why they bothered calling it even an MMO. Was it so we could see other people flying around a city? I thought CoH when it came out was a fun game and had high hopes for Champions. I'm now thoroughly disappointed and unless I can find a post where this starts getting fixed soon, I'll be joining the mass exodus. **** just came out and DDO is an old standby that keeps producing (5 years old and better graphics than Champs, Direct X 10 - only 2 years old and not in Champ).

Are the devs completely asleep to making this a fun MMO? Wake up and realize you're about to waste a potentially good MMO. AoC was a beautiful engine run into the ground with poor management and lack of team content by the dev team. WAR was an okay engine, but nothing really creative or innovative due to standard builds and minimal end game content. Champions is heading down the same road as both failed MMO's at once.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Agree.... Champions has lots of potential but certain areas were very poorly made.
What makes it worse is that PTS is totaly useless, they dont listen to bug reports, latest patch is good example again, bugs made it trough even tho they were reported by players on PTS. They just keep pushing new broken patches out all the time and as LTS this worries me :l

They should take good look in to some of the core mechanics and FIX them.... melee being one of them.

While they have fixed lots of issues and patches are definetly going to better direction. Theres certain gamebreaking stuff they still havent fixed from launch (immortal zombies anyone?)

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Lack of any team balancing mechanics is what really turned me off of PvP in the end.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 04:35 PM
WoW forums are that way --------------->>>>>

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 04:46 PM
WoW forums are that way --------------->>>>>

That didn't make any sense at all in the context of this thread.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 10:39 PM
PvP in this game is more fun for me than in WoW, SW:G or even Guild Wars. It's a fun, chaotic diversion that has no real bearing on the game and that isn't meant to be taken seriously or treated like an e-sport (like WoW tries to pretend IT'S PvP is). The game wasn't designed around PvP, it isn't balanced around PvP, and PvP will never be a central focus in this game. So take it for what it IS, a mini-game, and don't try to turn it into serious competition. It's like playing Trivial Pursuit with friends. It's fun, but someone's always going to have a stronger background and an advantage over someone else. Does that stop you from having fun there? PvP in CO is a fast-paced, high-action board game, not league rugby.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 11:45 PM
That didn't make any sense at all in the context of this thread.

It doesn't have to, he was just to lazy to think of a slightly less cliched and insipid response.

To the OP, yes, PvP is broken completely in this game, it's a common refrain on any board / site that has discussed PvP in Champs O. I wish they would just remove all effort and resource time put into PvP and concentrate on finishing some basic things the actual game is missing or are (still!) broken.

Archived Post
11-26-2009, 06:27 AM
I've played MMOs with no PVP in them and they are lots of fun. The difference is they still focus heavily on the team in order to complete a majority or all of the content. MMOs that focus on the single player game quickly unravel since there is no stickiness to the game by the community. Once you've played the content a few times, most people will head on to something new. I'm nearly to 40 on my 2nd character and other than a few 5 man quests, PVP is the only psuedo team / social aspect of the game I've found. Like many people have mentioned, it is a completely broken mess requiring a major revamp of the power tree to fix and that isn't too likely. That leaves almost no social aspect to the game, and causes a lot of the complaints. The way CO is built now, it might as well not even be an MMO. What a waste of a great idea. This game has the most potential of anything in the market and it is rapidly vaporizing with poor management.