PDA

View Full Version : Who says Champions doesn't have cool loot?

Archived Post
11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Behold!

http://www.allspark.com/forums/uploads/monthly_11_2009/post-1-1259127462.jpg

Archived Post
11-24-2009, 09:56 PM
That's the quest reward cloak thing, right?

Yeah, I've looked at it, but all three characters that have done that quest would've gotten more use out of the other items offered. Hoping they'll make that a SB unlock, though. ;)

Archived Post
11-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, thats the rune blade alright. Shame it doesn't unlcok a costume piece for single blade attacks :(

Archived Post
11-24-2009, 10:19 PM
While its very nice to see Runes in the game. In this case the artist who made that sword has no true knowladge of the runes. Unless hes speeking a language I dont understand its all jibberish and the individual runes contradict each other completely in the way they are aranged.

Translated into english the runes read from hilt to tip, as thats the way they are orainted to be read from.

d, ei, t, ng, p, h, a <or> z <depending on translation> r, th, u, b, m,

Archived Post
11-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Chat prefers her Colossal Tongue she got from an escaped prisoner.
It's wiggly. :D

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 02:27 AM
In this case the artist who made that sword has no true knowladge of the runes. Unless hes speeking a language I dont understand its all jibberish and the individual runes contradict each other completely in the way they are aranged.

It seems very likely to me that the artist responsible arranged them that way because he thought they looked good.

I'd be surprised if any significant number of people were actually expecting them to spell out a message...although if they did, I would hope it would be along the lines of, "if you can read this, you need to get out more". ;)

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 03:54 AM
It seems very likely to me that the artist responsible arranged them that way because he thought they looked good.

I'd be surprised if any significant number of people were actually expecting them to spell out a message...although if they did, I would hope it would be along the lines of, "if you can read this, you need to get out more". ;)

LOL..

I made a Starwars fanfic once, and it had a message in basic on a computer terminal that said something very similar...

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 04:32 AM
Behold!

http://www.allspark.com/forums/uploads/monthly_11_2009/post-1-1259127462.jpg

Wow. O.O Someone's compensating for something....

While its very nice to see Runes in the game. In this case the artist who made that sword has no true knowladge of the runes. Unless hes speeking a language I dont understand its all jibberish and the individual runes contradict each other completely in the way they are aranged.

Translated into english the runes read from hilt to tip, as thats the way they are orainted to be read from.

.....you know this is an MMO, right? About cartoon superheroes?

Truth.

Now, let's not get personal. >.>

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 04:41 AM
I make up my own runes every time. Like the size, not the style. And apparently it doesn't work?

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Now, let's not get personal. >.>
Chat also got one from a zombie...

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 05:13 AM

So you beat up a zombie and stole his lunch!?

How wude.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 05:17 AM
So you beat up a zombie and stole his lunch!?

How wude.
But Chat was hungry...

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Well, here's my reasoning behind getting.. or at least taking a chance.. on items that imply they do something neat.

I had the option for a better primary offense... would have raised my stats by about +3 each than what I was currently wearing. But at the end of the day, I knew once I completed another quest chain, I'd get a similar stat item anyway and it would just wind up as vendor or crafting fodder when I upgrade. But this thing, I can keep it forever and pull it out (huh huh) to show off and its a nice vanity item that isn't as easy to replicate as a stat buff.

Same reason I have a cowboy lasso, its just something cool.

And the fact that it GIVES you a power, with no cool down and adds the sword to your power tray is just unprecedentedly cool.

This is the kind of thing I was asking for back in Beta and the devs said there were a few items like this. I admit, it would be even cooler if it unlocked a costume piece, but being able to use it with any build it just icing on the cake.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 06:29 AM

deitng phar th ubm?
Dating fears the ubermensch?

Very Nietzsche.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Dieting -- fear the burn!

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 07:13 AM

But do you have amazing balls?

That's still my favorite item and is a great conversation starter when you link to it :)

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Dieting -- fear the burn!

It's -almost- Dieting, fear the bum...

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Colossal Tongue, huh? That's actually not as bad as the Colossal Glands my heroes have picked up on more than one occasion. Although I bet the tongue and glands would hit it off great if ever they were to meet.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 09:44 AM

Oh that's just wrong.

But do you have amazing balls?

That's still my favorite item and is a great conversation starter when you link to it :)

Would go great with the Sacred Rod.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Whoah. Why is it when I think of someone translating runes on a game sword, I think of this old SNL Star Trek skit?

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/86hgetalife.phtml

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Whoah. Why is it when I think of someone translating runes on a game sword, I think of this old SNL Star Trek skit?

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/86hgetalife.phtml

I love that skit.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 12:53 PM
I think I know what they spell...

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0092.html

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Would go great with the Sacred Rod.

Is it collosal? :)

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 01:48 PM

LOL..

I made a Starwars fanfic once, and it had a message in basic on a computer terminal that said something very similar... I know this is an MMO, so I should be expecting these kinds of things, but...

LOL.

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 09:53 PM
While its very nice to see Runes in the game. In this case the artist who made that sword has no true knowladge of the runes.
Dude, chill. It's a video game. If I complained every time I found something that messes up something from my background, I'd never be able to play them. I'm Scottish... dwarves? Yeah...

I won't even get started on the fact that my Dad's side of the family is 90% German... ;)

I know the runes reasonably well myself, and use them... and what I usually spell out on magic swords is "This is a magic sword" or "This space left intentionally blank" because there's no point in having "magic runes" spell out anything in a situation where doing so would be purely for my own amusement. I've "translated" Jabberwocky into Enochian and Norse Runes for different "spell books" I've done, simply because of what it looks like, and because using Jabberwocky amused me.

Of course, if you really want to get technical... we don't know what the runes really mean, either, because the people who invented them died a long time ago without passing on anything except through oral traditions that have changed a great deal between then and now... ;)

Archived Post
11-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Im not even gona try to explain myself for each post.

I honestly Have a fasination with the runes, have for a long time. I use them, read them, study all the different forms and translations of them I can find, know what each ones meening is and how to place them into runic patterns. So ya I kinda do expect a little effort on artists to atleast somewhat Understand what they are doing when they draw Real life runes on videogame stuff. and Everyone loves to find secret messages and easter eggs in games, admit it. you know you do.

And on that very note, I used to play ****. Midguard ofcourse:) and if anyone else played that game. and saw the runic stones that were the midguard Respawn points, the artest who made them accually did understand the runes, becouse they basically read. "the Warrior who Endures hardship gains strength" this being read top to bottom on the stones. Tyr the one that looks like a up arrow, Means Warrior. Nyd Looks like a lowercase T with a crooked cross, Means Endurence. Hagal, Looks like a capital H with a crooked horizantal line, Means Storms or harships. and Urz. looks like a Upside down U. Means Strength.

PS I was never complaing about it, just pointing out that It didnt say anything at all. becouse sometimes developers do place secret messages in game artwork and runes are something I know well

Archived Post
11-26-2009, 12:00 AM
I agree, it is nice to find secret messages and easter eggs embedded in a game, and runic inscriptions like the one we're discussing are, of course, ideal candidates for such. Long experience has taught me, though, that hidden messages are the exception rather than the rule - so I tend to assume that they don't spell anything interesting and thus I can be pleasantly surprised when they do :)

Archived Post
11-26-2009, 11:59 AM
It looks out of place.

Archived Post
11-26-2009, 12:21 PM
It's not as cool as the level 40 sword we get after completeling the Monster Island crisis. The one that's so awesome it's merely called 'sword.'

Then again I can't back that up since I am not a sword user and I haven't hit level 40 yet. But you know it has to be mighty if I have to wait 11 levels to use it! Amirite? :cool:

Archived Post
11-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok so what are we missing?
We need a brain, some limbs and an electricity hero... Then we can make it live! LIVE!

Archived Post
11-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Actually we need a weapon customization system.

Archived Post
11-26-2009, 01:32 PM
It's not as cool as the level 40 sword we get after completeling the Monster Island crisis. The one that's so awesome it's merely called 'sword.'

Then again I can't back that up since I am not a sword user and I haven't hit level 40 yet. But you know it has to be mighty if I have to wait 11 levels to use it! Amirite? :cool:

Really? I got "Sword" and it wasn't level 40.. I think it unlocks "Fantasy Sword 3" in the tailor.