PDA

View Full Version : Two-Sided Cape Color not working.

Archived Post
11-19-2009, 10:06 AM
All right, I've bugged this in game twice now, and patiently hoped that it would be addressed, but now, months after launch, this is still a persisting problem!

You cannot change the inside and outside of your cape individually.

When I go to edit my cape and choose "Inside" or "Outside" nothing happens... If I set it to outside both the in and outsides change as if I still have it set to "Both." The cape remains with both inside and outside halves of it changing to reflect whatever color I have the outside set too.
If I change it to inside nothing will change at all.

This may seem trivial, but capes with an alternate inside and outside are a staple for comic heroes, Robin is the first character that crops to mind, black outside, yellow inside.
We need this issue addressed! I wouldn't think this would be a hard thing to fix, and I don't know why they couldn't just slip the fix into one of numerous patches they've provided for other costume bugs. Being unable to change the outside and inside of my cape individually is putting a damper on a number of costume ideas for me, and I doubt I'm the only one bothered by it.

Archived Post
11-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Your comment is VERY vlalid. I too would like that matter fixed. Now that you can basically make a Dr. D costume when ya get the pieces from the new lair, it would be nice to make a cape that looks good.

Archived Post
11-19-2009, 10:37 AM
The worst part about this is back during closed beta this wasn't a problem. It wasn't until a patch very near the end of CB that this little bug came up...never to be looked at again.

It's very sad indeed, I've bugged it numerous times myself. And I don't know, maybe I don't know anything about programming or what have you, but logic would say (since the options are already in the tailor and since it used to work) that it's just a small matter of code gone wrong. You'd figure they'd just need to go in there and tell A to point over to B and we'd be good to go.

But alas, even with other various bugs in the tailor that have been fixed, this one remains.

I love capes, I'd really like to be able to use them, but I'm also a stickler for details and I'm just not personally a big fan of solid color capes. I want the inside of my cape to be different than the outside. And don't even get me started on if you use a pattern/emblem. I'm sorry, but emblems looks ridiculous on the inside of capes. So I have yet to use a cape as much as I love them.

Maybe it'll get fixed with the big 2010 update they're talking about. But I won't hold my breath. :p

Come on, bug guys! Get this one fixed!