PDA

View Full Version : Crashing on retrieving characters

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 09:05 AM
The game crashes when it starts the retrieving characters phase: ID 5059224.

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 09:52 AM
It happened to me 2 times yesterday and one time today. :(

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 10:04 AM
I think it just happend to me aswell. I only just booted up Champions and went to do the dishes. Found out the crashed when I returned. Now's it's checking files or something.

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Ok, what the H E double hockey sticks is going on now.....

5 days ago, the game was unplayable 'cause I updated to the latest video drivers. I had to roll back in order to be able to play CO again...

Then, 2 days ago, the game wouldnt load 'cause of server not responding. I had to change proxy in order to be able to get in the game....

And today, I get this. The game crashes the moment it tries to retrieve the character list.Tried 3 times, same result....

What does it take to play this game???? Do I have to start buying my PCs straight from NASA now or something????? Are the people at Cryptic even aware of these problems??????

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Same for me, unable to load characters... crash...

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 10:20 AM
eoer cord ( 5059224 )

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Same here; game crashes on "Connecting to login server", even in safe mode, and goes to the crash detector.

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm getting it every time I start, even after verifying files.

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Verifying files don't fix the problem... sadly.

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Same problem here. Zipped through the loading screens, got to where it should retrive characters, then crash. I also went through the Verify Files process, but crashed out again on resumption.

Any answers Cryptic?

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Looks like I'm more lucky than most of us:
I was able to log once with my main today, but then the game crashed as I changed zone... :(

Edit: I've just run the game again without doing the files force verify and I'm now at the character selection screen. But I guess I'll be right there soon.

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Lordy, happening to me too.
Patched the game, can't get to play it.

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Bumping to attract some attention...

When I try to log on, I'm fine through all of the logos, and through the flaming gorilla, but as soon as I hit the screen that tells me it's retrieving characters I crash.

Will there be some response letting us know the problem's being worked on and compensation for another evening of play lost?

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Same here, logged on fine earlier straight after patching, but had to log out for tea, came back to play and now getting crash at retrieveing characters, running verify now to see if that fixes.

EDIT: verify hasnt fixed, still getting crash :(

EDIT 2: switched from EU proxy to none and can now get online.

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Screw this, getting 4601932 error yet again.

If it keeps on like this I may as well uninstall and reinstall a game that works....................ie City of Heroes

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Same here, logged on fine earlier straight after patching, but had to log out for tea, came back to play and now getting crash at retrieveing characters, running verify now to see if that fixes.

EDIT: verify hasnt fixed, still getting crash :(

EDIT 2: switched from EU proxy to none and can now get online.

Switching to None Proxy worked for me too - fantastic work Rouke!

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Proxy done nothing for me (

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Same here, thought it worked once after i patched and the server was up this morning.

Now after a nap it's back to the same kind of crash, lets see if a proxy change works.

Archived Post
11-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I am having this crash looked into and as soon as I have additional information I will provide it to you all. FYI anytime you get a error ID like the one posted in the first game please post it as this helps us identify the issue.