PDA

View Full Version : Might need some grab / throw skills

Archived Post
11-12-2009, 08:23 AM
What make Might set mightier is they need skill which enable them to Grab your enemies.

When u grab them u will able to either throw them or use your enemy as a baseball bat or smash them to the ground to do AoE etc.

Might is meant to be the strongest. Have the most strength so why can we grab our opponents?

We can pick up Vehicles as big as a tank but why can't we pick up our enemies??

If we have that kind of strength, we can easily grabs foes and throw them against our enemies. Can even use them as a shield even.

I don't see why the might set don't have these kind of skills.?? Why Not??

Please make it happen :)

Archived Post
11-12-2009, 10:37 AM
The answer of why not is all coding related far as I know. Its the same reason why players can't pick up other players and throw them toward an enemy or object, or why player's can't carry any PC or NPC. Players can pick up objects, and to pick up a character or npc those things might need to become objects.

I can see picking up allies but not enemies, as much fun as it is I think it would be silly for you to pick up an enemy and they can still attack you. If they can't attack you, you can just get a group of people with the ability so they can pick up and hold npcs to cut down on incoming damage, which is way cheap. If they make it so you can only pick up villains and lower, whats the point of having the skill?

Archived Post
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
The answer of why not is all coding related far as I know. Its the same reason why players can't pick up other players and throw them toward an enemy or object, or why player's can't carry any PC or NPC. Players can pick up objects, and to pick up a character or npc those things might need to become objects.

I can see picking up allies but not enemies, as much fun as it is I think it would be silly for you to pick up an enemy and they can still attack you. If they can't attack you, you can just get a group of people with the ability so they can pick up and hold npcs to cut down on incoming damage, which is way cheap. If they make it so you can only pick up villains and lower, whats the point of having the skill?

You haven't played Champions PnP?

Where do you think the term 'Hold' even came from?

However remember that powers and special effects are two different things

Thus instead of adding to Might I would create a 'Wrestling' power set with a bunch of various throws and grapples.

A 'Grapple' is just a hold that: Deals crushing damage over time that is buffed by strength that also prevents the holder from doing anything else.

Also at least from a 'realism' point of view why can't I shoot laser eye beams at you while you are holding me over your head about to throw me into the pit o' destruction.

Physical grapple style holds are just standard holds with more limitations then the classic status ranged hold that has been a signature of MMOs.

Archived Post
11-13-2009, 06:00 PM
If picking up foes is hard to code... How about a big superhero Bear Hug...

Like make the foe look like it is get squeezed. Use the animation from Electricute with them standing still without the electricity. Then use the animation of the hug or Bite (from supernatural powerset) to simulate squeezing.