PDA

View Full Version : Power House Undo. Add Undo all.

Archived Post
11-11-2009, 02:54 PM
hey

im sure im not the only one who spends 100's of G on retcons or even bought a retcon through the C-store. and finds it immensely irritating having to go back and forth with "undo" "Accept" 30 times everyime you want to change 1 power or advantage point.

If you could make it so you could undo the lot in one go that would be great.. even allowing us to see how much all that would cost if thats not too much to ask.

My other Suggestion would be to allow us to remove One power/talent/advantage from anywhere on the undo list and replace it with anything from the same teir (For obvious reasons) for the same cost as normal or even for how ever much it would cost to remove down to get to it.

And my last request is to lower the overall cost. not too much but just enough so it makes the game fun again.. and not a massive grind fest for G in order to change my powers. im tired of grinding endlessly iv been there and done that in other mmo's (wow).

If anyone else feels the same way and would like to see this changed please sign here.

Cheers Italicx.

Archived Post
11-11-2009, 03:03 PM
I assume you see the problem with lowering the cost though, right?

1) FOTMers. Sorry, but it's true, if full retcons were easy to get, there would be a lot more of these types of players.

2) Money. Cryptic, like any company, deserves to get paid for their work. Would you pay for a full retcon at the C-Store if you could easily obtain one?

Though being able to pick and choose where you want to remove one from, and/or bypass the prompt if you want would be nice.

Archived Post
11-11-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah defonatly understand that - There not going to remove costs or lower it much if at all because of that very reason. But changing how the current system works is needed. it seems to me very un-pollished.

Maybe putting the advantage points and talent points seperate from the powers? all have there own single tree. so u dont need to remove all ur powers in order to change from a dex / ego build to a Int / end build for example.

Regarding the Fotm players. i can see ur point, but im afraid i dont think lowering or even increasing the cost is going to change ppl using a retcon or making a new char in order to play the new over powered powers / set. its the same with any mmo. somethings stronger than it should be.. so everyone rolls one so they can melt faces with there eyes closed. BUT your right in saying it would encourage more people to do it if it cost less.

Anyway. first off i would like to see them just add a remove all feature first. as thats currently the more anoying part of changing ur char powers. and if anything makes me not want to bother and just level a new char instead. or just stick with my current powers and suck it up heh.

Italicx.

Archived Post
11-12-2009, 02:15 AM
I support the idea of being able to select multiple powers in turn down the list before clicking undo, and for it to tally the costs. Just tick boxes down the side of the list would work. If you tick a box underneath other skills, it just ticks all the boxes above it. And if you tick above, it unticks up the list to that point.

Great idea, OP.

Archived Post
11-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Thanks :). Its quite a simple request really, and will only improve the game making it more user friendly.

Archived Post
11-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Unless I'm mistaken (Which I very well could be), there has already been talk from the devs about improving the retcon system further.

For example, allowing players to remove a power from anywhere in the list, and having it automatically stack the cost and remove the powers that would be affected by removing the one you chose.

Say you want to remove a random power from your hero, and you have three other powers that depend on it. It would remove all four powers, without touching the ranks & advantages you've purchased for unaffected powers, etc.

Give it some time.

(Although I would really enjoy an Undo All button as well)