PDA

View Full Version : telekinesis and shadow form

Archived Post
11-10-2009, 09:52 AM
telekinesis and shadow form are a great damage buff right..
why is it the I have a TK character with 87 ego and 89 con and 30 end that seems to do more damage with shadow form the ID form? and I should mention my ID form was at rank 3 and shadow form rank 1
the resist to ID form is crap except to ego attacks in which it is great.. This seems a little odd since TK should be physical not mental as such but ah well..
Why is there not a really good defense buff or damage buff included in Id form .. in a set that has been nerfed to some extent maybe fixing the UP powers would be nice.
other thing is why does TK the power not really scale like strength in what you can lift?
a super strong character doesn't pay for a power and ranks and yet for free has big damage option when throwing large objects that end up ae effects.

Archived Post
11-10-2009, 04:52 PM
telekinesis and shadow form are a great damage buff right..
why is it the I have a TK character with 87 ego and 89 con and 30 end that seems to do more damage with shadow form the ID form? and I should mention my ID form was at rank 3 and shadow form rank 1
the resist to ID form is crap except to ego attacks in which it is great.. This seems a little odd since TK should be physical not mental as such but ah well..
Why is there not a really good defense buff or damage buff included in Id form .. in a set that has been nerfed to some extent maybe fixing the UP powers would be nice.

I'll bite.

ID form is a passive offensive/defensive (classified as defensive, who knows why). Passive D gives resistances, and the passive offense part enables the ID blades (20% buff, something like that). Ranking up Ego Form increases your resistances only.

Shadow form just gives a damage to all paranormal damage (that being tk/tp/darkness/celestial and a few powers in supernatural) that scales with your endurance.

That said, based on Ego Form being lackluster, many opt for both a passive offense and a passive defense. Shadowform for the offense is a no-brainer. For defense, regen is popular, and I've seen a lot of people do very well with defiance.

Archived Post
11-11-2009, 09:40 AM
okay ty for your response ..
I guess another way to say it is really ID form is another no where power that doesn't do anything right so no one will pick it I guess..
With the access to a 2nd weapon you would almost think it be a offense slotted especailly when the defense buff is inline with offense slotted power other than the big ego bonus which seems only useful versus mind inc and earth worm jim look a likes
I have full retconed out of TK now since it has nothing in it that can really hold your attention interest wise or allow you to solo

Archived Post
11-11-2009, 11:56 AM
okay ty for your response ..
I guess another way to say it is really ID form is another no where power that doesn't do anything right so no one will pick it I guess..
With the access to a 2nd weapon you would almost think it be a offense slotted especailly when the defense buff is inline with offense slotted power other than the big ego bonus which seems only useful versus mind inc and earth worm jim look a likes
I have full retconed out of TK now since it has nothing in it that can really hold your attention interest wise or allow you to solo

I have a TK Shadow build that I love. Ego Blade Frenzy and Ego Blade Breach are very good melee attacks, Ego Hold is a very good single target hold, and telekinetic eruption fits the set nicely and gives a buff to Ego. The above mentioned ego powers are very good, but I see Telekinses as a set that is best to mix and match with others.

Quite honestly, I really see all sets that way.