PDA

View Full Version : My Impressions

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 07:31 AM
So I went to download the game last night for the free weekend. Sure enough, patcher issues. Finally got it started and it was going HELLA slow! I left it run while I slept. Woke up to an error message saying it crashed. It must have crashed shortly after going to bed, didn't get much further! Started it up and was going around 20kb/s.

Yes I admit, I was hating on the game at that point. But then my brain kicked in, logic struck, that oh wait, its a FREE weekend, it might be just a tad overloaded! So thanks to someone on this here forums whom posted a link to a download, I got the entire game downloaded, installed, and patched within 25 minutes.

So I finally get in game. My IMMEDIATE impressions, was that this was still the same game from beta, which I hated. But I played a bit more.

I am now officially hooked. Friends can't even pull me away from this game. The limitless possibilities of character builds is what REALLY drags me in, being able to create a hero that is so much different than my others. I have 3 characters now between the levels of 7 and 10, and I have a very hard choice of whom to play! 1 of them is pretty much a pure PvP character now cause I am highly hooked on that, a lot of fun! I don't know how good it is with sticking with PvP, but hoping not to bad considering they sell items and whatnot.

I am still new, lots to learn, but the depth this game goes for character, amazes me. Everytime I level I get excited about what I get to do next.

I am pretty sure I will get flamed, or told "You are like this now, but wait a few days, it will suck!" or whatever else goes around on these forums. But honestly, I don't care. Flame away! I am really enjoying this game. It is really something refreshing over all that fantasy crap that keeps coming out. I needed something different, something that stands out. Fallen Earth was doing it for me kinda, but this is beating that one down.

I will probably be purchasing it later on today, it will be money well worth spent.

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 07:36 AM
i hear at walmart u get a 2 month free trial =) take the advantage.

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 07:38 AM
i hear at walmart u get a 2 month free trial =) take the advantage.

Not sure how true that is, I work at Walmart :p Guess I can check though, I just don't think I ever seen the game in the store. 10% discount would be nice, short on money but this game is definitely worth the buy. Thanks for reminding me :p

Bed time now, will check back later this evening.

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Even if Walmart doesn't offer the 60-day free trial access, look at what you can purchase for $39.92 at Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12482907

It's the a special Collector's Edition only available through Walmart - looks pretty nifty.

Exclusive Walmart.com Collector's Edition:
- While Supplies last

Extra $10.00 MICRO-TRANSACTION WALLET CARD - Code Included
Collectible Champions Lenticluar Packaging
Fold-out zone map
Champions iron on tee shirt logo

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Even if Walmart doesn't offer the 60-day free trial access, look at what you can purchase for $39.92 at Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12482907

It's the a special Collector's Edition only available through Walmart - looks pretty nifty.

Exclusive Walmart.com Collector's Edition:
- While Supplies last

Extra $10.00 MICRO-TRANSACTION WALLET CARD - Code Included
Collectible Champions Lenticluar Packaging
Fold-out zone map
Champions iron on tee shirt logo

That's the deal of the century right there Xinra

PS Welcome to the game Varrah

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Glad someone had fun with this game this weekend :( I already pay for it and can't really get on

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 11:22 AM
The box is animated? Man.... I can't believe I missed out on that stuff.

Seriously, if you want to look at collector's editions look at what blizzard does, or even what Nc Soft let Crazy hands garriot talk them into. Tabula's collector's ed was awesome. WARs was nice too but it was almost a duplication of what blizzard puts into WoW's. Civ 3 also had a nice collector's ed, I've got the tin somewhere but it's holding stuff.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_lTK0EYi-D-A/SnZB_irnezI/AAAAAAAADKY/9WM_mCkMUMY/s720/100_1098.JPG

EDIT: Yes, I collect collector's editions. Hellgate's was total crap.

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Very nice, thank you for the info guys! Will definitely check both Walmart's later today, I don't think I seen it at the one I work at but never know, the other one could be selling it. Will probably check around Best Buy and Gamestop to. REALLY want to get this game today, and if I can save a bit of money and get a 2 month freebie with it, that would be awesome. Really don't want to order it though, will buy off Steam if it comes down to it, I am dreading the current 11.9 hour time left on the free weekend lol

Really hope I can get it today anyway, forgot today was Sunday so can't cash my check today, but hopefully my bank will let me deposit it at the ATM and take the money out right away. Never done that before.

*edit*
Just called Walmart, they totally have it! Guy said he is not sure if its the collectors edition, but a sticker on the front says 60 days free. Guess the reason I missed it before while working there is cause I hated the game in beta and didn't care haha.... man I am so glad I got to try this game again!