PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the updater/patcher

Archived Post
10-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Okay. I know things are hard for new MMO's but I started downloading Champions Online last night... I got the game downloaded and this morning I started it patching... little did I know that 300+ MB was going to take hours and hours.

I also did not know that it would download for a few seconds and then remain still for at least a full 60-120 seconds.

Okay maybe this was my fault, sometimes people have bad internet and that's not really the part that got me.

I came back at 97% with it locked up and I didn't know that it pauses for 60-120 seconds between actual time when it downloads so I thought "I'll just restart it." Now in most other MMO's when you restart a patch it resumes right where you left off but not this one... oh no... it started me all the way at the beginning.

So I decided to give it a second chance because I want to give the game a try... I don't want a simple problem to keep me from enjoying a nice game.

After letting it download for the rest of the day I came back and I had lost internet for a while... I was at 78% and it wouldn't resume... I had to start all over again.

So I hit cancel and deleted the game because at this rate I won't even be able to play it on the free weekend.

My Suggestion is thus: Fix the patcher so that if at least not me, others may not have to go through all kinds of hell to try out your game... It could be the best MMO ever seen... I only wish I could try it.