PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi, this may be the wrong part of the forum, but i can't seem to post anywere else.

Does a key from CB let you play the game now (After buying play time) with out buying it from a shop? :confused:

This may be a stupid question but i've never had to deal with it before.

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi, this may be the wrong part of the forum, but i can't seem to post anywere else.

Does a key from CB let you play the game now (After buying play time) with out buying it from a shop? :confused:

This may be a stupid question but i've never had to deal with it before.

Sorry but could you rephrase your question?

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 09:14 AM
I think what he wants to know is whether his Closed Beta key will allow him to play if he just buys some play time.

The answer is no, you'll need to purchase the game. However, keep in mind that the game comes with 30 days of play time by default, so even though it's going to ask you for your credit card information after you apply your retail key, you won't actually be charged for play time until after 30 days is up.

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 09:22 AM
You need a retail key to play. CB key doesnt work, OB key doesnt work, Headstart Key doesnt work.

You need an actual retail key. Which you can get from a shop, online retailer or cryptic direct (i assume they still doing this).

So in short your answer is "No you cant play with just a CB key and a subscription."... you need a "retail key and subscription" to play

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok... thanks for the replies; seems i'm going to need more money if i like the game now :D