PDA

View Full Version : EU sever ?

Archived Post
10-27-2009, 04:09 AM
hello, me and many other CO players from the other side of the world :) would like to know is there going to be an eu server, i think there is need for one, as there are many people in the uk and eu that play this, but are affected by the US down times, a 3am to 5 - 7 am , in the us is great, but us guys lose our play time coz of this, there any plans for a eu server or compancations or something for us people who get less time to play ?

Archived Post
10-27-2009, 05:14 AM
If an EU server was added for us, would that mean we have to choose which of the two servers our character was on, thus preventing us from playing with folks from non-EU areas? I think that rather than a EU server, it would just be nice to have two servers that anyone can access, with different maintainence times. However, I suspect that any system like this would cause plenty of technical and cost issues. That's merely a guess as I've never designed a large online system, but I do know that many 'simple' changes in complex systems like this can have many unexpected problems show up.

Archived Post
10-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Allowing for all players to play on the same server is rather nice, and giving us the proxy servers is also very nice. However, we're still getting huge amounts of lag, so maybe a distributed proxy? Several servers that act as one proxy according to amounts of traffic? It may help give us a bit of a boost when many players are playing through one proxy. The rubber-banding is killing me.