PDA

View Full Version : Passive Costume Pieces

Archived Post
10-21-2009, 03:45 PM
It'd be kinda cool if certain passives could be made as costume pieces or else be turned on all the time.

Passives such as invulnerability, the animation is on all the time
However it'd be nice to be able to have certain passives (such as fire form or ice form or electric form or shadow form... you get the idea) on all the time even though you may not be in combat

just a thought, would be fun to have a costume where I'm always on fire or always covered in ice *wink wink nudge nudge*

Archived Post
10-21-2009, 08:13 PM
I think the best suggestion for this feature I've seen is having it be an option in the powers menu in the same spot as the origination points in some offensive powers. Invulnerability, Regeneration, Ice Form, Fire Form, Shadow Form, etc, all have the options "Always on" "On in Combat" "Hide Effects".

If hiding the effects would somehow mess with PvP or something :rolleyes: , you could just do the first two. I know some of the effects make it very difficult to see your actual costume, though - Shadow Form and Ego Form come to mind.

Archived Post
10-22-2009, 01:30 AM
While you're at it apply the reverse as well. I simply can not/will not take Lightning Reflexes because it makes my legs glow all the time, not just in combat. My character would have lightning reflexes because he is dextrous, not infused with some kind of glowing leg magic.

Archived Post
10-22-2009, 07:44 AM
IIf hiding the effects would somehow mess with PvP or something :rolleyes: , .

Always on in PvP - very little concern in PvP with costume effects
Great Idea though about On/combat/OFF, would make alot of people happy

Archived Post
10-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Always on in PvP - very little concern in PvP with costume effects
Great Idea though about On/combat/OFF, would make alot of people happy
Thanks :) Pretty sure I read it in another thread, but whatever...

I know I'd have Ice Form always on, the shimmering frost effect looks awesome. I wouldn't mind turning of the Colgate Sheen for my power armor character either.