PDA

View Full Version : i want to fight my nemesis

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 07:51 AM
i like the nemesis system...im on the third member of my rogues gallery so far.

it seems, however, that ever since my first nemesis, i have actually fought the main guy less, and more often its just "go stop his minions from littering". even when i do get to face him, its often with so much outside help that the encounter is far too easy.

so, may i suggest, that as more quests/content are added to this fine game, that we can get more nemesis missions that involve one-on-one fights with our nemesis? i enjoyed the bunker missions when i had a team, and the deathray mission, but i would far rather deal with MY nemesis one to one, and far more often.

and along those lines, nemesis and ALL supervillian level mobs need to be made tougher - whether that means higher health, slightly more damage, blocking our attacks occasionally, something please. mastervillian and lower mobs are fine.

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 08:36 AM
...and along those lines, nemesis and ALL supervillian level mobs need to be made tougher.

...just not the Ninja!

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 09:56 AM
i like the nemesis system...im on the third member of my rogues gallery so far.

it seems, however, that ever since my first nemesis, i have actually fought the main guy less, and more often its just "go stop his minions from littering". even when i do get to face him, its often with so much outside help that the encounter is far too easy.

Don't forget the "fun" of trekking across a zone and a map to find out that you're there for four minions and a glowie. That was an epic challenge, let me tell you.

so, may i suggest, that as more quests/content are added to this fine game, that we can get more nemesis missions that involve one-on-one fights with our nemesis? i enjoyed the bunker missions when i had a team, and the deathray mission, but i would far rather deal with MY nemesis one to one, and far more often.

I'd humbly request new starting and ending quests be given priority. All my nemeses having the exact same plan? Just silly.

and along those lines, nemesis and ALL supervillian level mobs need to be made tougher - whether that means higher health, slightly more damage, blocking our attacks occasionally, something please. mastervillian and lower mobs are fine.

Meh. I like the idea that name supervillains are often soloable. It helps present the idea that I'm playing a hero of growing significance. In CoX, I often felt like I was playing a background character in the signature heroes' and villains' stories.

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 12:21 PM
...just not the Ninja!

Yeah the Ninja minions are already tough enough lol

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 01:03 PM
The first encounter with ones' nemesis minions in the Lemurian Antiquities should be how effective they are when they spontaneously show up.

Currently, every minion type I've chosen for my lvl 25+ characters all run UP to me before doing anything. Then, they get quickly chewed up, way easier than most mobs I fight.

I understand that the Nemesis encounters are relatively hard-coded in, but I'd sure like to encounter my actual Nemesis in the field. Give them a chance to arrive with some of the minions. Heck, I don't see other villains I defeat being hauled off to prison. Why should a random Nemesis encounter be any different? During a Nemesis MISSION, that's a different story.

So, buff the minions and allow the actual Nemesis to randomly arrive with them.

Oh, and many of us spent much time designing our Nemesis. The "effects" that psi, electric, etc that get put over them just ruins this. I don't mind if they have the sheath effect during the PROPER time, the same way we get it. Just not ALL OF THE TIME I SEE HIM/HER.

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Mostly, I'd just like to see the internal timer removed from Nemesis missions at 40. There's basically nothing to do, so I don't see why I can't just farm nemesis stuff over and over and keep making new ones to occupy myself. Also solves the "stop them from littering" problem because you can just grab the next quest right away anyway.

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 04:46 PM
The first encounter with ones' nemesis minions in the Lemurian Antiquities should be how effective they are when they spontaneously show up.

Currently, every minion type I've chosen for my lvl 25+ characters all run UP to me before doing anything. Then, they get quickly chewed up, way easier than most mobs I fight.

I understand that the Nemesis encounters are relatively hard-coded in, but I'd sure like to encounter my actual Nemesis in the field. Give them a chance to arrive with some of the minions. Heck, I don't see other villains I defeat being hauled off to prison. Why should a random Nemesis encounter be any different? During a Nemesis MISSION, that's a different story.

So, buff the minions and allow the actual Nemesis to randomly arrive with them.

Oh, and many of us spent much time designing our Nemesis. The "effects" that psi, electric, etc that get put over them just ruins this. I don't mind if they have the sheath effect during the PROPER time, the same way we get it. Just not ALL OF THE TIME I SEE HIM/HER.

I never thought of that, but having your nemesis occasionally spawn with his/her minions would be awesome.

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah the Ninja minions are already tough enough lol

Ninja minions are not any tougher than other minions. They are all the same. It is the power set that you choose that determines their toughness.

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 05:29 PM
I'd like to see my Nemesis be more active. Why can't I be flying through Millenium City and get a message that my nemesis is currently robbing a bank and be given a mission to go stop him?

I'd also like occosinoally to be ambushed by my Nemesis himself! Maybe to be fair, not while i'min combat like his henchies do, but when i'm traveling around would be cool.

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I'd also like occosinoally to be ambushed by my Nemesis himself! Maybe to be fair, not while i'min combat like his henchies do, but when i'm traveling around would be cool.

The reason the Nemesis' henchmen attack you when you are fighting other mobs is because fighting mobs and destroying things are what trigger the henchmen to spawn.

Henchmen do not just randomly spawn on you.

The triggered henchmen have been made easier because they used to be so tough that while you were fighting other mobs and you triggered the Nemesisís henchmen you would die 9 out of 10 times if you werenít extremely lucky. So, cryptic made the triggered henchmen spawns easier to handle. The ones in the mission were not reduced in their level of difficulty.

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd like to see my Nemesis be more active. Why can't I be flying through Millenium City and get a message that my nemesis is currently robbing a bank and be given a mission to go stop him?

Right, like in those old school comic books where the hero is just flying around and the CHief of Police calls you saying that your Nemesis is causing trouble.

I'd also like for teh convienence to have Nemesis events happen where im at. It's annoying to get a mission that ends in 5 seconds because im in MC and my Nemesis minions are in Lumeria (with no scuba gear) tampering with a nuke.

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 06:20 PM
The reason the Nemesis' henchmen attack you when you are fighting other mobs is because fighting mobs and destroying things are what trigger the henchmen to spawn.

Henchmen do not just randomly spawn on you.

The triggered henchmen have been made easier because they used to be so tough that while you were fighting other mobs and you triggered the Nemesisís henchmen you would die 9 out of 10 times if you werenít extremely lucky. So, cryptic made the triggered henchmen spawns easier to handle. The ones in the mission were not reduced in their level of difficulty.

Err yeah but i'm not sure what that has to do with my suggestion lol

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I just wish they removed the damn Rocket Hawks from Electro, Who Poly, What?.

That was the last time I got to dance with my first Nemesis.

It was supposed to be freaking EPIC. I mean, she build a FRIKKIN LAZOR!! She even CHARGED it! (*sniff, my little girl is all growed up*)

And you know what? I really did NOT expect the "triple threat" at the end, and it may have even been a challenge. Except two largely immortal NPC hangers-on waltz in and obliterate everything with their RPGs that do twice the damage of my Gigabolt.

Ooo, epic. Not. When it was all done, I felt like apologizing to my nemesis and taking her out for a drink.