PDA

View Full Version : FAQ for Bindings/Commands

Pages : [1] 2 3

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 07:13 PM
The purpose of this thread is to try to consolidate general asked questions, references and information in
this thread related to creating bindings and using slash commands. Please post anything you'd like to see
added and I'll try to edit it in.

References
http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List - List of commands in the game
http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=35361 - Basic information from Beta
http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=70492 - Chat Macros (thanks to BrEggo)

The Basics of Binding

To create a bind in the game, the syntax is:

/bind <input> <command> [<commandParam1><commandParam2>...]

Input: This is the key or button you wish to be pushed to execute the provided command.
Command: This is the game command or alias you wish to run when the given input is pressed.
Command Paramaters: Any parameters the command you're using may require.

Example
/bind N local Hello World!

Result: After this is run, whenever you press the N key on your keyboard, your character will say

Hello World!

Editing Binds
There a few ways you can edit your binds:

Simple binds may be modified under Options -> Key Binds
To edit a bind in game you may always do the /bind command using the same input to override a previous
bind.
You can remove a bind from an input by using /unbind <input>
Edit binds in .txt files in your Champions Online\Live folder, more on this below.

Bind .txt Files
Inside your Champions Online installation folder should be a folder named Live. You can edit .txt files
with binds there, or create a new .txt files and place binds inside. These are also a useful way to
transfer binds between characters as you can save your custom binds to a .txt file from the game interface, or load binds from a .txt file.

Formatting in a .txt file for binds is the same as running the /bind command, only it's everything
after the actual "/bind" text. Also, there is one bind per line.

Example .txt file:
Button4 "+PowerTrayExec 6"
Button5 "PowerTrayExec 1 14"
N "playersay Hello World!$$em wave"

Loading/Saving Binds
To save your binds on a character to a .txt file:

/bind_save_file <name of file>

If the file name provided exists, it will be overwritten, otherwise the file will be created.

Example
/bind_save_file test.txt

Result: After this is run, all custom binds on the active character will be saved to test.txt inside
of your Champions Online\Live folder.

To load binds to a character from a .txt file:

/bind_load_file <name of file>

If the file name provided exists, the binds it contains will override the current binds on your active
character.

Important Note: ONLY the binds the loaded file contains will be applied, it will unbind other custom
binds you may have.

Example
Let's say we have 2 .txt files, test1.txt and test2.txt.

test1.txt contains:
N "local Hello World!"
H "local Hi!"

test2.txt contains:
N "local Nice to meet you!"

If test1.txt is our current binds that we've already loaded, and then we run:
/bind_load_file test2.txt

Result:
When you press N, your character will say "Nice to meet you!"
When you press H, your character will say "Hi!"

Notice, your character will not say "Hello World!" when N is pressed since only that bind was overriden
when test2.txt was loaded.

Binary/Toggle Commands
There are several commands that accept a binary operator. (+ or -)

When you have + in front of a command, the command is ON while your input is pressed, and off on release.

Example
/bind N "+up"

Result: If you are flying, you will fly up while N is pressed, and stop when N is released.

When you have a - in front of a command, it tells that command to stop.

Example
/bind N "-PowerTrayExec 16"

/PowerTrayExec 1 16 (this will turn on your shield)

Result: When you press N, your shield will be turned off if it is on.

Toggle commands can accept a ++ operator in front of them. ++ tells the bind to switch the command between ON and OFF.

Example
/bind N "++autoForward"

Result: When you press N, you will turn on auto run. If you are already auto running, pressing N will turn auto run off.

Running Multiple Commands w/ One Bind

$$ is used to separate commands when binding. So our command from above looks like:
/bind <input> "<command> [<param1><param2>...][$$<command2>[<param1><param2>]...]"

Example
/bind N "local Hello World! $$ em wave"

Important Note: While each command is separated by $$, you must also surround everything
after your input in quotes as well, as shown in the example.

Result: After this is run, whenever you press the N key on your keyboard, your character will say
Hello World! and wave.

IMPORT NOTE: When you have a bind with multiple commands, the FIRST command will determine the binary state of your ENTIRE bind. I will explain this more later in the power usage section.

The Alias Command
The alias command is for creating your own commands/functions. The command to create one is:

/alias <command name> "<command1>[<param1><param2>...][$$<command2>[<param1><param2>]...]"

Example
/alias helloWorld "yell Hello World!"
Then, type /helloWorld

Result: Your character will yell to the zone, "Hello World!"

Using {}
(Thanks to: Amasilver for helping with this section.)
When creating an alias, you may use {} which has a special function. This is treated as a marker of where to insert a string that will be passed to your alias.

Example
/alias helloWorld "yell {}"
(Now our alias helloWorld takes 1 string argument.)
Then, type /helloWorld Hello Everybody!

Result: Your character will yell to the zone, "Hello Everybody!"

Now, if you include multiple {} in your alias, EACH one will be replaced by the string you pass to your alias. Also, the string replacement gets interpretted BEFORE your alias is run, which opens up possibilities for more complex usage. Now for a slightly more complex example.

Example
/alias move "+{} $$ playersay Going {}!"
/bind N move left

Result: When you press N, your character will move to the left and say "Going left!"

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Using Powers
Currently, you will need to map binds to a power tray slot. You will do this using the PowerTrayExec command:

PowerTrayExec <Bin> <Slot #>

Bin: Binary state of the power, whether it's ON or OFF. (1 or 0)
Slot #: The slot on your power tray to be executed. Slot #'s listed below.

Since the first argument is a binary, we can use the + and - operators with this command.

Example
+PowerTrayExec 16

Result: This will execute slot #16 so long as the assigned input is held down.

Power Tray
This shows what slot is which #:

| 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 15 |
| 16 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 14 |

So the bind command used to bind a single power like normal:

/bind <input> +PowerTrayExec <slot #>

This will bind a power to the input provided to function exactly like they do on your bar.

To bind a power so it stays on until something else cancels it:

/bind <input> PowerTrayExec 1 <slot #>

Because we didn't use the operator, and instead passed 1 for the binary argument, the power will stay on. This means: A charge power will attempt to fully charge, a maintain will attempt to fully maintain and so forth.

Ways to turn a power off:

/bind <input> -PowerTrayExec <slot #>
/bind <input> PowerTrayExec 0 <slot #>

These 2 commands will perform the exact same action, which is stopping a power if it's currently charging/running.

This command will stop ALL power activations:
/bind <input> "-PowerTrayExec 16 $$ PowersCancelAllActivations"

Multiple Powers
Multiple powers can be in one bind, however, there are some tricks to this.

/bind <input> "+PowerTrayExec <slot #> $$ +PowerTrayExec <slot #>"

Example
/bind N "+PowerTrayExec 2 $$ +PowerTrayExec 3"

If the first power (Slot #2) is instant: Power Slot #2 will activate and then Power Slot #3 will activate in one key press.

If both powers are charges: Power Slot #2 will be fired off as a TAP ability, if possible then Power Slot #3 will activate.

IMPORTANT: The exception to these rules is the Shield power (Slot #16), it seems to interrupt any powers in the same key press as it, even if they are instant.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Commonly Wanted Binds
In this section, I'll list answers to the most commonly requested binds.

How do I make my shield toggle on, so I don't need to hold the key?
/bind SHIFT PowerTrayExec 1 16

How do I say something as I use a power?
/bind <key> "local Hi! $$ +PowerTrayExec <slot #>"

How can I change costumes/builds when I activate my travel power?
Create the following 2 txt files, with the listed contents in your Champions Online\Live Folder.

fly.txt:
t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

land.txt:
t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 0 $$ bind_load_file fly.txt"

Then run:
/bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

To change costumes, instead of builds:
Change "buildset <#>" to "setactivecostume 0 <#>"

How do I target myself before doing a heal?
/bind N "+down1 $$ target_self $$ +PowerTrayExec <slot #>"

Chat Related Commands/Binds
From BrEggo's thread (http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=70492):
In order to execute these binds in game one would do:

/bind F9 "startchatwith /channelsend "Zone" "
/bind F10 "startchatwith /channelsend "TeamID_LIVE" "
/bind F11 "startchatwith /channelsend "Local" "
/bind F12 "startchatwith /channelsend "GuildID_LIVE" "

You can switch the channel you're actively in also by using:
channel_setcurrent "<channel name>"

Example
/bind N channel_setcurrent "TeamID_Live"

Result: Puts your chat to Team.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry if this was already answered, I only had a quick glance. Is it possible to chain several moves together?

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 05:49 AM
Sorry if this was already answered, I only had a quick glance. Is it possible to chain several moves together?

Yes it is, but not sure in which way do you mean? With one key press, or something like a cast sequence where you can hit a button multiple times.

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Can you bind a key to cycle through your active chat channel? and if so, what is the command?

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 06:05 AM
This is a fantastic post Zvardin! Kudos!

I'm still struggling with some of it though. I'm not very savvy with coding at all!

I'd like to be able to hold down F5 and have it turn off my End builder, select team member 1, then begin a maintain of my heal power (slot 13). Then on releasing F5 have it re-activate my End builder.

So essentially holding F5 heals Team member 1, but I can keep my End builder set to 'Toggle, Never cancels'.

Seems quite complicated. Is it even possible?

Many thanks :D

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 06:23 AM
This is a fantastic post Zvardin! Kudos!

I'm still struggling with some of it though. I'm not very savvy with coding at all!

I'd like to be able to hold down F5 and have it turn off my End builder, select team member 1, then begin a maintain of my heal power (slot 13). Then on releasing F5 have it re-activate my End builder.

So essentially holding F5 heals Team member 1, but I can keep my End builder set to 'Toggle, Never cancels'.

Seems quite complicated. Is it even possible?

Many thanks :D

Well, if your endurance builder is set to "Toggle, Never Cancels" already, we don't need to mess with that at all actually. This should do the tricK:

/bind F5 "+down1 $$ TargetTeammate 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 13"

The down1 is a dummy command...I put that first so that way your maintain will work as expected with your keypress. Then it targets your teammate #1, and fires off the power slot you mentioned.

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Can you bind a key to cycle through your active chat channel? and if so, what is the command?

Hmm... Well, there is Channel_SetCurrent <string> which you can use to switch to a specified channel. I'm not seeing something to just cycle through them unfortunately...however, if you have a preset list then it would be possible by cycling through binds. I'll use Zone and Local as examples.

If you create zone.txt (In your Champions Online\Live folder):
N "channel_setcurrent Zone $$ bind_load_file local.txt"

And create local.txt:
N "channel_setcurrent Local $$ bind_load_file zone.txt"

Then in game run:
/bind N "channel_setcurrent Local $$ bind_load_file zone.txt"

Not ideal, I know, but I'm not seeing something cleaner. However, once they open up the ability to do mods, something like this should be very easy to do, since there is a command to list what channels you're in, it would be easy to parse and do something like this. (That's probably how their chat drop down menu works)

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Well, if your endurance builder is set to "Toggle, Never Cancels" already, we don't need to mess with that at all actually. This should do the tricK:

/bind F5 "+down1 $$ TargetTeammate 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 13"

The down1 is a dummy command...I put that first so that way your maintain will work as expected with your keypress. Then it targets your teammate #1, and fires off the power slot you mentioned.

That's awesome! Thank you SO much!!! Can't wait to get home and try it out.

VERY much appreciated! :D:D:D:D

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Hmm... Well, there is Channel_SetCurrent <string> which you can use to switch to a specified channel. I'm not seeing something to just cycle through them unfortunately...however, if you have a preset list then it would be possible by cycling through binds. I'll use Zone and Local as examples.

If you create zone.txt (In your Champions Online\Live folder):
N "channel_setcurrent Zone $$ bind_load_file local.txt"

And create local.txt:
N "channel_setcurrent Local $$ bind_load_file zone.txt"

Then in game run:
/bind N "channel_setcurrent Local $$ bind_load_file zone.txt"

Not ideal, I know, but I'm not seeing something cleaner. However, once they open up the ability to do mods, something like this should be very easy to do, since there is a command to list what channels you're in, it would be easy to parse and do something like this. (That's probably how their chat drop down menu works)

Ahh, Thank you, I can create a similar file for each channel I'm on and set it to call the next channel and file.

Edit: This does not seem to work if the name of the channel has spaces in it - I tried it both as ( chat channel ) and as ( chat_channel )

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Ahh, Thank you, I can create a similar file for each channel I'm on and set it to call the next channel and file.

Edit: This does not seem to work if the name of the channel has spaces in it - I tried it both as ( chat channel ) and as ( chat_channel )

Ok, I hadn't dealt with strings inside of a string yet, which is part of the problem here, but got a fix for you!

If you create Chat2.txt (In your Champions Online\Live folder):
N "channel_setcurrent "Channel Name 2" $$ bind_load_file Chat2.txt"

And create Chat1.txt:
N "channel_setcurrent "Channel Name 1" $$ bind_load_file Chat1.txt"

Then in game run:
/bind N "channel_setcurrent "Channel Name 1" $$ bind_load_file Chat2.txt"

So you just need to wrap your channel name in quotes.

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Excellent post, albeit I recall a lot of commands already from CoX, this is a great resource for the community.

Devs please sticky! :)

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Great job "Z"! This post is most definitely "Sticky Worthy". Can an admin kindly stick this up top for easier reference?

If you need help/input to test binds out, shoot me a msg, Z. I'm always happy to test out new binds and work out the kinks!

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Thank you very much for doing this. I was picking up various confusing details from random threads scattered hither and yon, but your explanation is very clear.

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Glad to hear it helps, guys! If you ever notice any tricks anywhere else or know of any, please message me or post them here so we can try to get as much as we can in here.

@Neeroy, I'll definitely hit you up some time on that offer. :)

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks for setting this up Zvardin this is something we've needed a central location for breaking down the commands. Now, what do these pesky things do in a command line {} any one know? Has any one had any luck figuring out Power ID's so we can run the PoweExec command that runs the power by name and not by bar slot?

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks for setting this up Zvardin this is something we've needed a central location for breaking down the commands. Now, what do these pesky things do in a command line {} any one know? Has any one had any luck figuring out Power ID's so we can run the PoweExec command that runs the power by name and not by bar slot?

Not sure on {}, I would have thought for a long bind or aliases or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've been fooling with the PowerExec commands but nothing great yet. All I've found is... +PowerExecCategory Block is only normal Block...and +PowerExecCategory Travel is your first travel power (first one you get regardless if you move its spot). Been trying to guess some other keywords for that or PowerExec but no luck yet. If I come across anything, I'll make sure to post it.

I did find some other interesting commands that switch the power trays and so forth, but the other trays seem unuseable.

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Added a chat command/bind section.

Also, what do you guys think about me adding a section for Research? For instance... I've been fiddling with some camera commands and Power Exec commands. Kind of like a "To Do" list as priorities so if anyone wants to help, or if anyone happens to already know it can be removed from the list and I'll throw it in the appropriate section.

Archived Post
10-10-2009, 12:10 AM
So, just to make sure I've got this right.

/bind 2 "+PowerTrayExec 3 $$ PowerTrayExec 1"

If I have Ego Sprites in power slot 3 & Shadow Embrace in power slot 1, pressing the #2-key with this bind will fire off Ego Sprites and then attempt a full maintain on Shadow Embrace, right?

Archived Post
10-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Looks like it's time for more science!

It looks like {} is for alias parameters. For example, I could make "test" an alias for "forward 1" like this:

/alias test "forward 1"

Which is equivalent to

/alias test "+forward"

and now when I type /test I'll start moving forward. Or I can use {} in the alias and then I can pass my arguments in.

/alias test2 "forward {}"

Now I try to use test2 and it says I need give it an argument. So to make this work I do this:

/test2 1

or

/+test2

tada! I'm not quite sure how this would work with commands you've chained together with $$, but it's about my bedtime so that'll have to wait for another day.

Archived Post
10-10-2009, 06:53 AM
So, just to make sure I've got this right.

If I have Ego Sprites in power slot 3 & Shadow Embrace in power slot 1, pressing the #2-key with this bind will fire off Ego Sprites and then attempt a full maintain on Shadow Embrace, right?

That's correct, that should work.

Archived Post
10-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Looks like it's time for more science!

It looks like {} is for alias parameters. For example, I could make "test" an alias for "forward 1" like this:

/alias test "forward 1"

Which is equivalent to

/alias test "+forward"

and now when I type /test I'll start moving forward. Or I can use {} in the alias and then I can pass my arguments in.

/alias test2 "forward {}"

Now I try to use test2 and it says I need give it an argument. So to make this work I do this:

/test2 1

or

/+test2

tada! I'm not quite sure how this would work with commands you've chained together with $$, but it's about my bedtime so that'll have to wait for another day.

Nice work! I did some testing and this could be very cool. Wherever you place {} inside an alias, gets replaced with the argument you put in. So it CAN be for parameters of other functions inside but it doesn't need to be. For instance, I tried this:

/alias test "{} Hi!"

Then did /test "playersay"

Result: My character said Hi!

Now regardless of how many {} you put in your alias, all of them get replaced by the string you pass in. So if you do..

/alias test "playersay {} $$ local {}"
And type /test "test"

Result: Your character will say test to yourself, and then test in Local.

[Edit] Added an alias command section up top!

Archived Post
10-10-2009, 09:01 AM
I was trying the toggle block and the bind to cancel all powers, but while it cancels the block the block button is still highlighted and I can't interact with the environment until I manually click the button off. Just wondering if anyone else is having this experience. I'm currently using rank 1 of Energy Shield.

Archived Post
10-10-2009, 09:24 AM
I was trying the toggle block and the bind to cancel all powers, but while it cancels the block the block button is still highlighted and I can't interact with the environment until I manually click the button off. Just wondering if anyone else is having this experience. I'm currently using rank 1 of Energy Shield.

Hm, you're right, don't remember it doing this before but maybe. PowersCancelAllActivations works a little strangely sometimes. For instance, while it will stop something that's charging to full so you can move around, the "Charge Bar" UI remains on the screen filling up. I'm guessing it's something related to this, where PowersCancelAllActivations doesn't seem to send all the right information to the UI, just cancels powers.

For your cancel all bind, try:

/bind <key> "-PowerTrayExec 16 $$ PowersCancelAllActivations"

This will attempt to turn off the shield and cancel powers in one call, should work as a better catch all.

In fact, I just tried this with a charge power and I think since there's a PowerExecTray call in there it responds better with the UI too. I'll update cancelling all powers to use this bind.

Archived Post
10-10-2009, 07:48 PM
So, I'm trying to attach Nanites onto my Fireball.

/bind F "+PowerTrayExec 8 $$ +PowerTrayExec 9"

8 being Nanites, 9 being Fireball.

In theory it works great, and if I disable my energy builder it works in practice also. The problem is if I don't manually disable my energy builder, it will skip the Nanites completely and just toss a fireball.

Any way that I can make the script disable my energy builder momentarily and reactivate afterwards?

Archived Post
10-10-2009, 08:03 PM
This stuff is all very confusing lol Im looking to set up a bunch of keybinds to help with my farming character, if anyone can help with the following I would greatly appreciate it

Numpad 1 -
/target Flamekeeper (i tried /bind Numpad 1 /target but no luck)
/follow

Numpad 2 -
/target Harpooner
/follow

`+1 -
Im wanting this to hit force eruption and flashfire if possible. Flashfire is 4th on bar, eruption is alt+3

Any help would be great :D

Edit : The bountiful chi comment below would also be a big help.

Archived Post
10-10-2009, 09:18 PM
So I understand the binds, commands, etc, but what I haven't figured out is how to make a power activate every X secs.

Bountiful chi resurgance, I want to press <button> and every 12.5 seconds reactivate forever.

/bind N "-PowerTrayExec 1 16"

I know this activates the power if 16 is the slot it is in, 1 = on.

Whats a way to add the timer to make it re-activate in 12.5 seconds? You could do this in CoX, and do it just by pressing CTRL-left click on the power.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 02:55 AM
what I haven't figured out is how to make a power activate every X secs.

You can't - CO doesn't allow any kind of timed activation (that I've seen). Seems to want us at our keyboards pressing buttons :)

Whats a way to add the timer to make it re-activate in 12.5 seconds? You could do this in CoX, and do it just by pressing CTRL-left click on the power.

That Auto-activate feature is specific to CoX . I've never seen anything like it in other games I've played, and I haven't seen any sign of it being reproduced in CO.

What you can do is use what I've come to think of as CO's 'if then' logic (what I've seen others refer to as simultaneous activation) to bind resurgence in with something else so that you don't have to remember to hit it every 12 seconds.

Some of the pro-binders here can double check my solution: The way I did it was to bind it with an attack power I was going to be mashing anyway. Say you're constantly mashing the attack power in slot 2 of your quickbar and you have resurgence in slot A1. Since binds always execute the last power execute listed if it's available, we have a natural 'if then' framework:

/bind 2 "PowerTrayExec 1 1$$ PowerTrayExec 1 7"

If Resurgence is cooled down and in the proper slot (A1), it will execute when you press '2' - if it's not available, whatever attack power you have in quickbar slot 2 will execute.

Extending the 'if then' logic:

In my case, I also have a buff that cools down every minute and a half or so. I've bound that and resurgence in together with my primary attack and my energy builder for some single button mashing:

/bind 2 "DefaultAutoAttack 1$$PowerTrayExec 1 1$$ PowerTrayExec 1 8$$ PowerTrayExec 1 7"

So, when I hit 2,
- It first checks slot A1 to see if my buff is available and cooled down. If so, it activates it. If not:
- It checks slot A2 to see if resurgence is available and cooled down. If so, it activates it. If not:
- It checks quickbar slot 2 to see if it can execute my primary attack. If so, it activates it. If not:
- It activates my energy builder (which it may do every time I mash the button anyway - the energy builder seems to act like an instant).

The trick, of course, is to make sure the least available power (the one with the longest cooldown) is the last power listed and so the first to be checked, then walk back to the most available power.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Hopefully you can help me. I am using the new MashON comic strip creator and the comapions website states that I can bind the Social_screenshot command to one key by typing:

/bind [any key] social_screenshot

problem is when I do this the screenshot is never taken and I have to go to MashON to find out if it worked or not. To take a pic I have to manually type /social_screenshot which is annoying. Could you test this out and see whats wrong?

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 08:29 AM
So, I'm trying to attach Nanites onto my Fireball.

/bind F "+PowerTrayExec 8 $$ +PowerTrayExec 9"

8 being Nanites, 9 being Fireball.

In theory it works great, and if I disable my energy builder it works in practice also. The problem is if I don't manually disable my energy builder, it will skip the Nanites completely and just toss a fireball.

Any way that I can make the script disable my energy builder momentarily and reactivate afterwards?

Well, I tested it out and sometimes it seems to work, but it doesn't seem fool proof.

/bind F "+PowerTrayExec 0 $$ +PowerTrayExec 8 $$ +PowerTrayExec 9 $$ +PowerTrayExec 0"

I was testing with sonic device and concussor beam, so should be pretty similar other than concussor being a toggle.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 08:38 AM
This stuff is all very confusing lol Im looking to set up a bunch of keybinds to help with my farming character, if anyone can help with the following I would greatly appreciate it

Numpad 1 -
/target Flamekeeper (i tried /bind Numpad 1 /target but no luck)
/follow

Numpad 2 -
/target Harpooner
/follow

`+1 -
Im wanting this to hit force eruption and flashfire if possible. Flashfire is 4th on bar, eruption is alt+3

Any help would be great :D

Edit : The bountiful chi comment below would also be a big help.

Ok for Numpad, remember that these binds won't work if NUMLOCK is on.
/bind Numpad1 "target Flamekeeper $$ follow"
/bind Numpad2 "target Harpooner $$ follow"

If I understood you right, for eruption + flashfire: (Assuming flashfire is usually hit with #4 and eruption is normally Alt+3)
/bind `+1 "+PowerTrayExec 3 $$ +PowerTrayExec 9"

You will need to hit ` and 1 together at the same time.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Extending the 'if then' logic:

In my case, I also have a buff that cools down every minute and a half or so. I've bound that and resurgence in together with my primary attack and my energy builder for some single button mashing:

/bind 2 "DefaultAutoAttack 1$$PowerTrayExec 1 1$$ PowerTrayExec 1 8$$ PowerTrayExec 1 7"

So, when I hit 2,
- It first checks slot A1 to see if my buff is available and cooled down. If so, it activates it. If not:
- It checks slot A2 to see if resurgence is available and cooled down. If so, it activates it. If not:
- It checks quickbar slot 2 to see if it can execute my primary attack. If so, it activates it. If not:
- It activates my energy builder (which it may do every time I mash the button anyway - the energy builder seems to act like an instant).

The trick, of course, is to make sure the least available power (the one with the longest cooldown) is the last power listed and so the first to be checked, then walk back to the most available power.

This is true, and it isn't so much it actually checks if then at all. Your bind runs simulataneously. Which is why the last power will interrupt anything else, but if it tries to run the power and it's on cooldown it won't run, therefore not interrupting the power before it. And yes, the energy builder in that case should actually always activate.

An important note on your bind though is I would switch them all to +PowerTrayExec 8 etc. Instead of doing PowerTrayExec 1 8. In most cases they will function the same as you've listed, but if the main power you may be 'mashing' if it's a charge or maintain you won't be able to release your key to stop it early if you want, unless you use the binary + operator instead of manually set it to active.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Hopefully you can help me. I am using the new MashON comic strip creator and the comapions website states that I can bind the Social_screenshot command to one key by typing:

/bind [any key] social_screenshot

problem is when I do this the screenshot is never taken and I have to go to MashON to find out if it worked or not. To take a pic I have to manually type /social_screenshot which is annoying. Could you test this out and see whats wrong?

Hmm... alright, I just tried fooling with this a little bit.

It just seems random to you when it works? Mind you my test was fairly fast, but I did seem to lose 1/3 images when I took screenshots in somewhat fast succession. However, when I took a little time in between moving from room to room to take one, I got them all.

I just used /bind N SocialScreenshot

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Hmm... alright, I just tried fooling with this a little bit.

It just seems random to you when it works? Mind you my test was fairly fast, but I did seem to lose 1/3 images when I took screenshots in somewhat fast succession. However, when I took a little time in between moving from room to room to take one, I got them all.

I just used /bind N SocialScreenshot

Ah I see, well I did try your way and yes it worked (Silly devs). It seemed that I was using things like the numberpad keys but when I do this it only registers on the regular keyboard number keys not the keypad, wierd. In anycase I found a better solution. I bounded the screenshot to my Xbox 360 controler with

/bind lb SocialScreenshot

and it worked, now I can take pics on the fly while playing with my xbox controller, :D This will make pic taking easy for MashON, thanks a bunch. (Que cheesey random jingle)

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Ah I see, well I did try your way and yes it worked (Silly devs). It seemed that I was using things like the numberpad keys but when I do this it only registers on the regular keyboard number keys not the keypad, wierd. In anycase I found a better solution. I bounded the screenshot to my Xbox 360 controler with

/bind lb SocialScreenshot

and it worked, now I can take pics on the fly while playing with my xbox controller, :D This will make pic taking easy for MashON, thanks a bunch. (Que cheesey random jingle)

Is capslock on or off? I think it makes a difference.

Edit: whoops, meant numlock. Silly me.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Is capslock on or off? I think it makes a difference.

Caplocks were off.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Caplocks were off.

If numlock was off then they get recognized as Numpad1 etc. If your numlock is ON, then the numbers on your numpad work the same as your numbers above as far as the game is concerned. Which could have been affecting it.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Awesome guide, thanks very much.

I was wondering if you could help with the "follow" command for hand-to-hand powers. In City of Heroes, I was able to create binds with the follow command to have my character wade directly into a fight with one key press.

Input:
/bind 1 "follow $$ +PowerTrayExec 0"

Result: Character runs toward targeted enemy and executes the power in the 0 slot.

However, with the game's basic Might build, I can't get this to work with any power *except* the one in the "zero" slot. The follow part works, but the power doesn't execute when the player arrives at the enemy. What gives?

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Awesome guide, thanks very much.
However, with the game's basic Might build, I can't get this to work with any power *except* the one in the "zero" slot. The follow part works, but the power doesn't execute when the player arrives at the enemy. What gives?

The reason for this is the energy builder can be toggled to remain on, so it knows to just attack whenever you're close enough. Other powers however, are click,taps,charges etc, not toggles. There isn't going to be a way for you to automatically execute an attack when you get to someone. Part of the reason for this generally not being allowed in games, is it's very easy to script and then have someone "play" without actually being at the keyboard.

The best we can do is the command like you have:
/bind <key> "follow $$ +PowerTrayExec <slot #>"

Which is something you can hit to either follow or execute the power once you -are- close enough. This obviously won't work well against moving targets however as when I tested this I noticed you automatically seem to go to walk speed as you get close to a target.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I've tried a bit but cant really get it to work. Is there a good way to make tap powers into "maintain" as in it will tap your power if you hold down the key instead of you mashing it?

Tried with:

/bind N "+PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4"

But all it do is use it two times (in this case Laser sword). Its just so annyoing to be forced to mash a key. Sure you could do some keyboard macro to do it but I rather keep it safe as in something you can do ingame.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 01:56 PM
But all it do is use it two times (in this case Laser sword). Its just so annyoing to be forced to mash a key. Sure you could do some keyboard macro to do it but I rather keep it safe as in something you can do ingame.

Unfortunately, no. Games in general are moving away from automated actions...which makes sense, so while we can setup a lot of things to work over several keypresses, even if it's the same key, removing the keyboard interaction isn't likely to happen.

The best you'll be able to do is 2 power uses like that most likely since laser sword is instant.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Basically lasersword is a tap, you press the key it uses laser sword and then you have to press they key again. So you need to mash your ass off to use it. I rather hold the key N to use laser sword, I release the key it stops using laser sword. I'm not really after automated actions

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I know, I was just explaining why this trend is happening more in games in general and why binds/macros tend to disallow this. If this sort of thing was going to work, CO would need to allow toggle for powers.

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the clarification!

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Just an update. I've been using the block-as-a-toggle and it's been working great. :)

This bind, however, has not been:

It usually works for getting Shadow Embrace to maintain, but sometimes only gets a tap effect out of S.E. As for the Ego Sprites component, that doesn't seem to work very often. Sometimes the sprites fire but usually not. Seems rather random. Ah well, it's nice when it does work, just wish it was a bit more predictable.

My only other bind is that I've swapped block from the Shift key to the ` key (seems to play much more intuitively, can't fathom why Cryptic ever had block default to Shift instead :confused:).

Archived Post
10-11-2009, 10:56 PM
I know, I was just explaining why this trend is happening more in games in general and why binds/macros tend to disallow this. If this sort of thing was going to work, CO would need to allow toggle for powers.

This would in no way make it a toggle, only difference from how it works now is that you wouldnt have the need so smash your bound key until your fingers hurt but just hold it down like a maintain power. You cant use it together with another power like a toggle no mather how you do it and I dont want it to act like a toggle where I can just toggle it on and use other powers.

I want it to act as a maintain, button smashing is bad. This is not the thread to argue in though :)

Guess I'll send in a ticket and ask if its allowed to use some other way of accomplishing this as I rather not sit and buttonmash, will just make me use some other skill instead if thats the case.

Archived Post
10-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Guess I'll send in a ticket and ask if its allowed to use some other way of accomplishing this as I rather not sit and buttonmash, will just make me use some other skill instead if thats the case.

If you're using a G15.. >.> It's rather easy to do a lot of things automatically.

Archived Post
10-12-2009, 05:05 AM
It usually works for getting Shadow Embrace to maintain, but sometimes only gets a tap effect out of S.E. As for the Ego Sprites component, that doesn't seem to work very often. Sometimes the sprites fire but usually not. Seems rather random. Ah well, it's nice when it does work, just wish it was a bit more predictable.

Try using that bind when your energy builder is off and see if it fires more consistently. Someone else mentioned a problem when the energy builder was on for these sort of binds.

Archived Post
10-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Oh wow, this is amazing, Z! Thanks for contributing!

Archived Post
10-12-2009, 06:12 AM
OK, here's a puzzle I've been trying to get to work but so far haven't been able to manage.

Thunderbolt Lunge is set up to cause you to backflip away from the enemy when you aren't moving when you activate it, and to kick the enemy when you are in motion.

"In motion" can include falling, jumping, following, autorunning, etc.

I can't figure out a way to bind a single keypress to cause Thunderbolt Lunge to automatically do the jump kick on its own.

I've tried binding follow or autorun followed by TL, but this just causes them to activate simultaniously as far as the game's concerned, causing you to backflip and then start running forward.

Any suggestions?

Archived Post
10-12-2009, 06:39 AM
I've tried binding follow or autorun followed by TL, but this just causes them to activate simultaniously as far as the game's concerned, causing you to backflip and then start running forward.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, all of a bind is always executed at the same time, so when the "check" happens you aren't moving. Even when I threw in a 2nd power into the mix, it -appeared- as if I ran first but then still backflipped.

The best you're going to get in this scenario is a 2 click solution unfortunately. For powers like this it would be nice if there was another way to modify them, or better yet in this case maybe a more logical trigger. (Like only walking backwards triggers to the flip).

Create these 2 files in Champions Online\Live folder
TL1.txt:
N "++autoForward $$ bind_load_file TL2.txt"

TL2.txt:
N "+PowerTrayExec <TL slot #> $$ ++autoForward $$ bind_load_file TL1.txt"

then run: bind_load_file TL1.txt

Unfortunately... I know this really isn't great. If you usually hit number keys to execute powers, you'd probably be better off just holding the left+right mouse buttons quick to move or something of that nature.

Archived Post
10-13-2009, 02:48 AM
Try using that bind when your energy builder is off and see if it fires more consistently. Someone else mentioned a problem when the energy builder was on for these sort of binds.

I'll give that a try, thanks! Right now I've just got it set up so Shadow Embrace and Life Drain attempt a full maintain until interrupted. This seems to work pretty well, but now I feel like I'm neglecting my poor Ego Sprites. ;)

You know...I almost think I'd like Ego Sprites better if it worked more like a functional version of Cloud of Flies or like Sparkstorm(?) with the toggle advantage - pulses of damage to foes within a close radius. Ah well, can't have everything, right? :p

Archived Post
10-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for all the good feedback so far everybody. Hopefully we can get this stickied.

I'll give that a try, thanks! Right now I've just got it set up so Shadow Embrace and Life Drain attempt a full maintain until interrupted. This seems to work pretty well, but now I feel like I'm neglecting my poor Ego Sprites.

Hehe, well means it must be working well then for ya at least ;)

Archived Post
10-14-2009, 02:53 PM
A thing to point out: aliases can be used in place of bind_load_file for toggles on non-toggleable abilities. e.g.

alias block "PowerTrayExec 1 16 $$ bind shift unblock"
alias unblock "PowerTrayExec 0 16 $$ bind shift block"

Note that this will leave you in an undesirable state if you are removed from the state by some other action (i.e. you're knocked out of block, or use a power which aborts block), so I don't recommend this for powers which can easily be interrupted.

Archived Post
10-14-2009, 07:50 PM
This is true, although it seems you would need something to create the alias everytime you log in as they seem to reset when you exit the game.

Also, I've had the alias command crash my client a few times when I did something similar, so I've been hesitant to use it as much. Although I haven't used it much since the latest build or 2.

Archived Post
10-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Ok for Numpad, remember that these binds won't work if NUMLOCK is on.
/bind Numpad1 "target Flamekeeper $$ follow"
/bind Numpad2 "target Harpooner $$ follow"

If I understood you right, for eruption + flashfire: (Assuming flashfire is usually hit with #4 and eruption is normally Alt+3)
/bind `+1 "+PowerTrayExec 3 $$ +PowerTrayExec 9"

You will need to hit ` and 1 together at the same time.

Thanks a lot for that, great help. Much appreciated :)

Archived Post
10-15-2009, 01:43 AM
OK, here's a puzzle I've been trying to get to work but so far haven't been able to manage.

Thunderbolt Lunge is set up to cause you to backflip away from the enemy when you aren't moving when you activate it, and to kick the enemy when you are in motion.

"In motion" can include falling, jumping, following, autorunning, etc.

I can't figure out a way to bind a single keypress to cause Thunderbolt Lunge to automatically do the jump kick on its own.

I've tried binding follow or autorun followed by TL, but this just causes them to activate simultaneously as far as the game's concerned, causing you to backflip and then start running forward.

Any suggestions?

The way I usually work around this problem is to place the bind on two adjacent keys. This way in effect it's a smooth one-two tap, for example:

/bind z ++autoforward
/bind x powertrayexec 1 1

This way you just tap Z immediately followed by X in a single fluid motion. As long as you have two adjacent keys near your off-mouse hand, it should work fine. Although if you are bogged down with binds the creation of loop txt files like zvardin suggested would be best. They were a must for high levels in CoH for certain sets.

In addition if you are hesitant to bind another key to an autorun (to limit accidental movement and mob aggro :) ) you can use the alternate bind combination of:

/bind Z +forward
/bind Z+X powertrayexec 1 1

What will happen is that as long as you hold down Z, you will be moving forward, but you will need to depress both Z and X at the same time to activate the power. Essentially it is the same as the previous bind with the exception that you would hold down the Z key. This will ensure that you are moving forward when you activate the lunge.

Archived Post
10-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Adulations:
This thread is brilliance. First and foremost, credit to the OP.

Contributions:
Next. If you want to stop manual mashing, try a keyboard macro-er (or a G15 keyboard) for keybound turbo. For your x360 controller, try Xpadder. All are highly programmable to do whatever you want on keypress, or toggle keytap.

Questions:
I have Sonic Device, which I love to put on Force Explosion for extra kick. The Sonic Device goes on my autoattack instead of waiting for the force explosion though, so I have to turn autoattack off to make it work. So far I have:

/bind f "DefaultAutoAttack 0$$ +PowerTrayExec 12 $$ +PowerTrayExec 1"

This turns off autoattack, turns on the sonic device, and charges the force explosion. All is well. Unfortunately, when I try to make it reactivate autoattack when finished, the whole script breaks down.

Is it possible to do an all-in-one solution?

(Otherwise I can just bind autoattack on in with my uppercuts and such. Not perfect but it works.)

EDIT: Now for some reason the listed macro is only doing autoattack off, force explosion (no sonic device.) If my autoattack is already off, it does sonic device + force explosion.

Are we hard-limited to two commands per keypress?

Archived Post
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Is there a way to use bionic shielding on myself without getting rid of my current target?

Archived Post
10-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Are we hard-limited to two commands per keypress?

Unfortunately, in a way yes. At least for anything reliable. I've tested doing more and it seems to work sometimes, but not all the time. It's more that all the commands get sent simultaneously and then the game handles certain activations differently. They appear to run in sequence since the game forces animations to finish before another activation is recognized.

Is there a way to use bionic shielding on myself without getting rid of my current target?

Not with a bind unfortunately, I haven't found a reliable "Target Last Target" command, which would be great. However, I believe in the interface options you can change a setting so you aren't in "Assist" mode so instead of casting a friendly target spell on your enemy's target it would always cast on you unless a friendly target was targetted by yourself. I'd give you the exact spot in the options right now, but I'm at work and just moved, so I should have internet access back tomorrow at home. My guess is under the Controls section.

Archived Post
10-19-2009, 06:59 AM
This thread is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Hopefully it will be stickied soon.

Archived Post
10-19-2009, 07:34 AM
One more question... When binding commands to alt keys such as alt 1 thru alt 7 like the top row of the power tray, how would you phrase that in the /bind command?

Archived Post
10-19-2009, 08:56 AM
One more question... When binding commands to alt keys such as alt 1 thru alt 7 like the top row of the power tray, how would you phrase that in the /bind command?

I need to add a section about combining key presses in the beginning. I'll make sure to do this tomorrow probably.

But for now, you can combine up to ANY 2 keys in your bind. So for your question you could do:
/bind ALT+1 "local Hello World"

Which would bind to Alt 1. You can combine any 2 keys you like, just need to put the + operator between them. So, if you really wanted to, you could do: /bind b+n "local Hello World!" And then this action would only work when you hit B and N together.

Archived Post
10-19-2009, 11:04 AM
I was interested in changing the movement commands to the number pad and 'steering' with my right hand instead of using the mouse. It almost worked, but I couldn't find commands to pan facing up or down (equivalent of mouse right click and push or pull). This would actually change your facing as opposed to fly up or fly down which maintain same facing angle. Slowing down the rate of pan would be useful too... the key buttons for turning are a little too fast.

Archived Post
10-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I was interested in changing the movement commands to the number pad and 'steering' with my right hand instead of using the mouse. It almost worked, but I couldn't find commands to pan facing up or down (equivalent of mouse right click and push or pull). This would actually change your facing as opposed to fly up or fly down which maintain same facing angle. Slowing down the rate of pan would be useful too... the key buttons for turning are a little too fast.

I tried fooling with what little camera controls I could find before and while I found some that could let you rotate horizontally, I couldn't find anything to pan up and down unfortunately.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=62930 had a post by Neeyon about changing camera speeds at least.

/cam_pitch_speed 5
/cam_yaw_speed 5

Archived Post
10-24-2009, 07:47 AM
This is an absolute 'must-have' thread, I've been searching for a thread this comprehensive on binds since Beta ! - Nice job! - thanks Zvardin & BrEggo!. :)

Archived Post
10-24-2009, 12:09 PM
A thing to point out: aliases can be used in place of bind_load_file for toggles on non-toggleable abilities. e.g.

alias block "PowerTrayExec 1 16 $$ bind shift unblock"
alias unblock "PowerTrayExec 0 16 $$ bind shift block"

Note that this will leave you in an undesirable state if you are removed from the state by some other action (i.e. you're knocked out of block, or use a power which aborts block), so I don't recommend this for powers which can easily be interrupted.

if you include a "unblock" command in front of all the action keys, it'll cancel the double click that you'll need to toggle block if you knock out of block by mobs..

for example..

BB "unblock $$ +PowerTrayExec 2"

will reset the block/unblock alias so that you'll only need to press block once to toggle after you fired the power 2.

ofc you'll need to include the unblock command on all of your action keys, including those that deals with items.

Archived Post
10-24-2009, 12:23 PM
to those who wanted to add a timer element to the macro commands. i suggest you check out some 3rd party software macro program (autohotkey). it is free and by far much more powerful than a g15 keyboard.

i have made a macro that will, as long as i held down the y button:
1. constantly fire my gigabolt (like a tap ability) like a toggle ability.
2. refresh the chi healing every 13 seconds.
3. refresh the lingering force shield every 8 seconds.
4. refresh the toggle sparkstorm every 4 seconds, this can be turn off with the numlock.

however you'll need to use another button if you want to charge the gigabolt as the maco can only deal with click ability.

also maintain ability will be a lot harder to macro, simply because it'll keep on firing the maintain even if you have ran out of energy. you could in theory do a pixel grab on the screen to find out how much energy you got left (this game have no addon support, otherwise this operation will be trivial), but it aint easy as the game dont seem to have a mono colour energy/health bar and sfx seem to overlay these bars as well.

btw.. if you want to learn how to get this working. either read the manual or try do a search for my name on the forum. i wrote a guide about it once but ppl dont seem to be interested, probably because its a bit hard to do.

Archived Post
10-25-2009, 07:50 PM
anybody know the string for forceshield with field absorption? rank 1 force shield works from
/powerexec 1 Force_forceshield_r1

but when you advantage it, the string must change... need that or the id numbers because i want to use more than 1 type of block... can anyone help?

Archived Post
10-26-2009, 04:21 AM
anybody know the string for forceshield with field absorption? rank 1 force shield works from
/powerexec 1 Force_forceshield_r1

but when you advantage it, the string must change... need that or the id numbers because i want to use more than 1 type of block... can anyone help?

I just tested this, the advantage doesn't seem to change the string to activate except when you rank the shield up. So rank 1 with Force Sheath was still: Force_forceshield_r1. But at rank 2 it became Force_forceshield_r2. Now you got me curious to try a lot more now that I've seen at least one working string ;)

Archived Post
10-26-2009, 04:45 AM
It's interesting what powers work in that same format and which don't. Some must have another internal name or something. Just tried a few quick, and these all work also:

eldritch shield "sorcery_eldritchshield_r1"
eldritch blast "sorcery_eldritchblast_r1"

gigabolt "electricity_gigabolt_r1"
lightning arc "electricity_lightningarc_r1"

The # after the r must change based on your rank of the power.

Archived Post
10-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Great thread! Thanks for posting this info.

I'm trying to set up a macro that will fire off my three "modifier" powers at once- Sonic Device, Toxic Nanites, and Miniaturization Drive. Is there a way to set up a macro that will do all three of those with a keypress?

Archived Post
10-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Is it possible to bind the utility slot to activate a device with a push of a button if you have it slotted? What would those three slots be identified as? :cool:

Archived Post
10-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Is it possible to bind the utility slot to activate a device with a push of a button if you have it slotted? What would those three slots be identified as? :cool:

check you key bind. it is there alrigjht

Archived Post
10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
couldn't find the string for ebon void the darkness block, but i did get force sheathe to work while using ebon void to block... is there like a command to do keydown and key up? i wanna make a bind that executes a power on the keydown then loads a file and executes it on release... anybody got any ideas?

Archived Post
10-28-2009, 06:39 AM
I searched the posts but couldn't find anything about this.....Is it possible to make a macro that says something in local based on what you have targeted? For example I want it to say "Stares at (whoever I have targeted)" by pressing a key.

Thanks,

Tolero

Archived Post
10-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I searched the posts but couldn't find anything about this.....Is it possible to make a macro that says something in local based on what you have targeted? For example I want it to say "Stares at (whoever I have targeted)" by pressing a key.

Thanks,

Tolero

Yes there is a special variable for local and some of these sayings. $target will get translated to what you have targetted. So...

local Stop right there, $target!

Should have you say "Stop right there, ____!"

Archived Post
10-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Yes there is a special variable for local and some of these sayings. $target will get translated to what you have targetted. So...

local Stop right there, $target!

Should have you say "Stop right there, ____!"

Thank you so much for all of this. I just stumbled on it and it makes RPing a lot easier with certain aspects.

Tolero

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I often have a problem with targetting in PvP.

I prefer to tab-cycle through targets to change them. Problem I have is, with all the stones, drones, pets, etcetera that are out there, especially in mass PvP, it will take me way too long to tab through them to get to my target of choice. I've tried other solutions with camera settings and the like in the targeting settings in the options, but have no luck with this.

Is it possible to bind tab so that it will cycle to the first target that isn't X when I press it? I don't know how the command string would work in terms of operators, but I would figure that it might be something like:

/bind tab iftarget=badtarget then switchtarget

with "badtarget" being a list (iftarget=badtarget|badtarget|badtarget|badtarget| badtarget then switchtarget)

Possible with command syntax in CO?

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Is there anyway to make Concussor Beam behave as a maintain rather than a toggle?

A combination of lag and some drops in FPS are causing me to switch it on when I want it off and off when I want it on.

If I could just hold down the button and know that it was active it would make my life a lot easier.

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I have a problem with my commands...

First off i have a broken command for left ctrl so when ever i press it to copy or past in the chat window my screen gets flooded with script txt, any way to turn it off?

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 04:13 PM
I have a problem with my commands...

First off i have a broken command for left ctrl so when ever i press it to copy or past in the chat window my screen gets flooded with script txt, any way to turn it off?

Rebind it to something through the options menu -> keybinds and then rebind the action to something else.
It resets it. For example bind Ctrl to walk through the menu, then rebind walk to something else, whatever you had it as originally.

Tolero.

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
/unbind ctrl should work also

Archived Post
10-29-2009, 08:09 PM

Yea its called a G15 Keyboard unfortunately. I was fortunate enough to pick some up when circuit city was going out of business for stupid cheep. ( 2 G15 a G5 mouse and Bioshock for under 100$)

Archived Post
10-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Yea its called a G15 Keyboard unfortunately. I was fortunate enough to pick some up when circuit city was going out of business for stupid cheep. ( 2 G15 a G5 mouse and Bioshock for under 100$)

Guys, if you want to make a thread related to keyboard macro'ing, please go ahead, but it's not really useful to people looking for answers within the game and people to respond with things like this. This is simply to focus on what is possible in the game and if it's not, then offer alternatives that may be similar or unfortunately it can't be done. Not trying to be insulting in anyway, but I've seen this trend across the forums for people to just reply with an answer that doesn't really address the question and I'd like to keep that at a minimum for this thread at least. Not to mention for the question quoted here, I already had answered a possible solution within what the game offers in this case.

/unbind ctrl should work also

I'll add this and a couple other small things I've been meaning to the top when I get home tonight.

Archived Post
11-02-2009, 08:45 AM
dunno if someone else asked before
can i bind "numpad" to different key than normal numbers?
i mean, by default pressing "1" from numpad will make same than pressing "1"
can i bind something to, for instances,
/bind numpad1 "setactivecostume 0 1"
/bind numpad2 "setactivecostume 0 2"
etc??

ty for your answers :)

EDIT
Ok it's worked fine :)
i don't need an answer but don't delete the post 'cause it could be useful for someone else :)

Archived Post
11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm wondering why you choose to keep all the purchased Powers bound in "order of purchase" within the Power Tray? I prefer being able to rearrange them in whichever order I like to deploy them in gameplay. Is there a toggle in one of the menus i can use to unlock them and rearrange them to my preference? Or do I just have to suck it up? :) :) :)

The purpose of this thread is to try to consolidate general asked questions, references and information in
this thread related to creating bindings and using slash commands. Please post anything you'd like to see
added and I'll try to edit it in.

References
http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List - List of commands in the game
http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=35361 - Basic information from Beta
http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=70492 - Chat Macros (thanks to BrEggo)

The Basics of Binding

To create a bind in the game, the syntax is:

/bind <input> <command> [<commandParam1><commandParam2>...]

Input: This is the key or button you wish to be pushed to execute the provided command.
Command: This is the game command or alias you wish to run when the given input is pressed.
Command Paramaters: Any parameters the command you're using may require.

Example
/bind N local Hello World!

Hello World!

Editing Binds
There a few ways you can edit your binds:

Simple binds may be modified under Options -> Key Binds
To edit a bind in game you may always do the /bind command using the same input to override a previous
bind.
You can remove a bind from an input by using /unbind <input>
Edit binds in .txt files in your Champions Online\Live folder, more on this below.

Bind .txt Files
Inside your Champions Online installation folder should be a folder named Live. You can edit .txt files
with binds there, or create a new .txt files and place binds inside. These are also a useful way to
transfer binds between characters as you can save your custom binds to a .txt file from the game interface, or load binds from a .txt file.

Formatting in a .txt file for binds is the same as running the /bind command, only it's everything
after the actual "/bind" text. Also, there is one bind per line.

Example .txt file:
Button4 "+PowerTrayExec 6"
Button5 "PowerTrayExec 1 14"
N "playersay Hello World!$$em wave"

Loading/Saving Binds
To save your binds on a character to a .txt file:

/bind_save_file <name of file>

If the file name provided exists, it will be overwritten, otherwise the file will be created.

Example
/bind_save_file test.txt

Result: After this is run, all custom binds on the active character will be saved to test.txt inside
of your Champions Online\Live folder.

To load binds to a character from a .txt file:

/bind_load_file <name of file>

If the file name provided exists, the binds it contains will override the current binds on your active
character.

Important Note: ONLY the binds the loaded file contains will be applied, it will unbind other custom
binds you may have.

Example
Let's say we have 2 .txt files, test1.txt and test2.txt.

test1.txt contains:
N "local Hello World!"
H "local Hi!"

test2.txt contains:
N "local Nice to meet you!"

If test1.txt is our current binds that we've already loaded, and then we run:
/bind_load_file test2.txt

Result:
When you press N, your character will say "Nice to meet you!"
When you press H, your character will say "Hi!"

Notice, your character will not say "Hello World!" when N is pressed since only that bind was overriden
when test2.txt was loaded.

Binary/Toggle Commands
There are several commands that accept a binary operator. (+ or -)

When you have + in front of a command, the command is ON while your input is pressed, and off on release.

Example
/bind N "+up"

Result: If you are flying, you will fly up while N is pressed, and stop when N is released.

When you have a - in front of a command, it tells that command to stop.

Example
/bind N "-PowerTrayExec 16"

/PowerTrayExec 1 16 (this will turn on your shield)

Result: When you press N, your shield will be turned off if it is on.

Toggle commands can accept a ++ operator in front of them. ++ tells the bind to switch the command between ON and OFF.

Example
/bind N "++autoForward"

Result: When you press N, you will turn on auto run. If you are already auto running, pressing N will turn auto run off.

Running Multiple Commands w/ One Bind

$$ is used to separate commands when binding. So our command from above looks like:
/bind <input> "<command> [<param1><param2>...][$$<command2>[<param1><param2>]...]"

Example
/bind N "local Hello World! $$ em wave"

Important Note: While each command is separated by $$, you must also surround everything
after your input in quotes as well, as shown in the example.

Hello World! and wave.

IMPORT NOTE: When you have a bind with multiple commands, the FIRST command will determine the binary state of your ENTIRE bind. I will explain this more later in the power usage section.

The Alias Command
The alias command is for creating your own commands/functions. The command to create one is:

/alias <command name> "<command1>[<param1><param2>...][$$<command2>[<param1><param2>]...]"

Example
/alias helloWorld "yell Hello World!"
Then, type /helloWorld

Result: Your character will yell to the zone, "Hello World!"

Using {}
(Thanks to: Amasilver for helping with this section.)
When creating an alias, you may use {} which has a special function. This is treated as a marker of where to insert a string that will be passed to your alias.

Example
/alias helloWorld "yell {}"
(Now our alias helloWorld takes 1 string argument.)
Then, type /helloWorld Hello Everybody!

Result: Your character will yell to the zone, "Hello Everybody!"

Now, if you include multiple {} in your alias, EACH one will be replaced by the string you pass to your alias. Also, the string replacement gets interpretted BEFORE your alias is run, which opens up possibilities for more complex usage. Now for a slightly more complex example.

Example
/alias move "+{} $$ playersay Going {}!"
/bind N move left

Result: When you press N, your character will move to the left and say "Going left!"

I'm wondering why you choose to keep all the purchased Powers bound in "order of purchase" within the Power Tray? I prefer being able to rearrange them in whichever order I like to deploy them in gameplay. Is there a toggle in one of the menus i can use to unlock them and rearrange them to my preference? Or do I just have to suck it up?

Archived Post
11-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm wondering why you choose to keep all the purchased Powers bound in "order of purchase" within the Power Tray? I prefer being able to rearrange them in whichever order I like to deploy them in gameplay. Is there a toggle in one of the menus i can use to unlock them and rearrange them to my preference? Or do I just have to suck it up? :) :) :) ?

Not really the place for UI layout type questions, but....

Just hit "p" to open the powers window, then click and drag any power down to the slot you want it in,release. Rearrange as much as you like.

Archived Post
11-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Not really the place for UI layout type questions, but....

Just hit "p" to open the powers window, then click and drag any power down to the slot you want it in,release. Rearrange as much as you like.

You can also right-click on a power, wait a second until it gets "picked up" and then drag it to where you want it. No need for the powers window to be open.

Archived Post
11-12-2009, 01:19 PM
why this post is'nt sticky? xD

Archived Post
11-14-2009, 09:31 AM
I've tried

/bind 2 ++PowerTrayExec 1

but its not toggling the power on and off. What am I doing wrong?

Archived Post
11-15-2009, 06:10 AM
I've tried

/bind 2 ++PowerTrayExec 1

but its not toggling the power on and off. What am I doing wrong?

Looks to me like you forgot the "". TRY;

/bind 2 "++PowerTrayExec 1"

Archived Post
11-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Drop travel power (only if up) before casting?

"-PowerTrayExec 15 $$ +PowerTrayExec 5"

Doesn't work for me. Circle powers can't be cast from just equilibrium while a travel power is on. I'd like to just automatically drop my travel power if it's up before casting, but I can't seem to find any "if it's on, turn it off" macro command?

Archived Post
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm wondering why you choose to keep all the purchased Powers bound in "order of purchase" within the Power Tray?
Nothing about this code does that -- it merely sets your key bindings in the same way as your power tray setup, however that is. You can change the order of your power tray -- you can drag powers from one tray slot to another, or use PowerTraySetSlot.

Archived Post
11-18-2009, 09:12 AM
I cannot, in good conscience, support Cryptic.

Archived Post
11-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Any way to put your devices into a macro so that you can use multiple devices with one key bind?

Archived Post
11-26-2009, 05:35 PM
any way to activate a power by name?

Archived Post
11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm having trouble binding a travel power to a costume change.

Basically what I'm do to is this:

I have a character with thier first costume being the beetle CLOSED wings.
His second costume is the the same as the first but with the beetle wings fully OPENED.

What I want to do is when ever I activate fly, he'll switch to the opened winged costume, then when I deactivate fly, the costume reverts back to the closed wing version, resulting in the image of the wings being functional.

What I did before was bind the costume change and the travel power to a number pad, then the deactivation of the travel power/revert to costume 1 to another number pad key. This works except the travel power doesn't not turn off. here's the codes I'm using:

/bind numpad7 setactivecostume 0 1 $$ +powertrayexec 14

then

/bind numpad8 setactivecostume 0 0 $$ -powertrayexec 14

this results in my toon switching back to his original costume but the travel power stays on. Any help would be welcome.

ALSO, this method here seems to not work for me.

Commonly Wanted Binds
In this section, I'll list answers to the most commonly requested binds.

How do I say something as I use a power?
/bind <key> "local Hi! $$ +PowerTrayExec <slot #>"

How can I change costumes/builds when I activate my travel power?
Create the following 2 txt files, with the listed contents in your Champions Online\Live Folder.

fly.txt:
t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

land.txt:
t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 0 $$ bind_load_file fly.txt"

Then run:
/bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

To change costumes, instead of builds:
Change "buildset <#>" to "setactivecostume 0 <#>"

The result of this is my character switching to the opened winged costume and me getting a spammed "you cannot switch costumes yet" message.

thanks in advance for the help.

Archived Post
11-29-2009, 05:37 AM
I think I tried every combo of above mentioned commands, but either my costume changed and flight didn't work or flight worked and my costume didn't change. If there is anyone with a working key bind (either one or two buttons) please post it, thanks.

Archived Post
11-29-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm having trouble binding a travel power to a costume change.

/bind numpad7 setactivecostume 0 1 $$ +powertrayexec 14

then

/bind numpad8 setactivecostume 0 0 $$ -powertrayexec 14

Don't use "-powertrayexec 14" (with the minus sign) when you turn it off. It should be "+powertrayexec 14" again (with a plus sign). If that doesn't work, try it with "++" instead of a single "+" in both places.

Plus and minus do not mean "on" and "off." Instead, the plus indicates a toggle switch. It'll change the on/off state - on to off, and off to on.

Archived Post
11-30-2009, 05:13 AM
I noticed the -powertrayexec too. Like I said: I can change costume using two buttons, but start flight -and- change costume just doesn't fly.

Archived Post
11-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Don't use "-powertrayexec 14" (with the minus sign) when you turn it off. It should be "+powertrayexec 14" again (with a plus sign). If that doesn't work, try it with "++" instead of a single "+" in both places.
Or use "powertrayexec 0 14". In that syntax, 0 means off, 1 means on.

Archived Post
11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Or use "powertrayexec 0 14". In that syntax, 0 means off, 1 means on.

I can get this to work on the PublicTest server but not the Live server. For me on Live
"PowerTrayExec 1 14" acts like a toggle. While "PowerTrayExec 0 14" gives me an error message.

Oddly enought I can't seem to get the "-", "+" or the "++" syntax to work on Live at all.
Have not tried PublicTest yet.

Archived Post
11-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Have you tried placing the power before the costume change? If it works, it will be nearly simultaneous.

Wish I had time to mess around with this for you, but unfortunately, I don't. Hence the throwing out of untested ideas ;)

Archived Post
11-30-2009, 06:13 PM
I could of sworn the 11/24 patch added a way to change your character's Mood using a slash command, but All mention of it eludes me now. Was I hallucinating, or was this added? I even clearly remember it saying how it was now "free" and didn't require you to pay in the Tailor. I verified moods are now free, but what is the UI command to do this?

Edit: found it, it's /changemood MOOD

Archived Post
12-01-2009, 04:25 AM
Are you guys serious; is this archaic DOS like command typing the only way to change our keybinds? How do I find a list of my keybinds; I chose the default set up for champions; but I want to change my Q and E keys with my A and D keys and I dont like the Tab targetter and want to change that one; but it took a while hitting keys to just find out that Z throws something you picked up and I dont want to mess up my keybinds by deleting some key bind without knowing what it is; I am grateful for any interface help that you guys can provide as I just started the game and am reading everything in sight to find some much needed answers.

thank much in advance.

Archived Post
12-01-2009, 07:32 AM
I found out some of the uses of the /powerexecid command: activating Action Figures
powerexecid 1 10 = Mini Mega Destroid
21 = Rowdy Randy
22 = Bug Hunter
23 = Doctor Silverback
24 = Defender Power Armor
35 = Nasty Nick
67 = Jumbo

Archived Post
12-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I could of sworn the 11/24 patch added a way to change your character's Mood using a slash command, but All mention of it eludes me now. Was I hallucinating, or was this added? I even clearly remember it saying how it was now "free" and didn't require you to pay in the Tailor. I verified moods are now free, but what is the UI command to do this?

Just takes a little research on the patch notes page. It was in the 11/13 patch. Here you go:

/ChangeMood is not private anymore so it can be executed from chat. There is no cost to change a mood.

Archived Post
12-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Are you guys serious; is this archaic DOS like command typing the only way to change our keybinds? How do I find a list of my keybinds; I chose the default set up for champions; but I want to change my Q and E keys with my A and D keys and I dont like the Tab targetter and want to change that one; but it took a while hitting keys to just find out that Z throws something you picked up and I dont want to mess up my keybinds by deleting some key bind without knowing what it is; I am grateful for any interface help that you guys can provide as I just started the game and am reading everything in sight to find some much needed answers.

thank much in advance.

Basic keybinds can be easily changed via the options/keybind menu (found by clicking one of the buttons around your minimap). More complicated stuff, and items that aren't supported by the keybind menu found there, can be changed by using "archaic" commands in your keybind.txt file.

Archived Post
12-05-2009, 01:34 AM
I just bound BCR to most of my attacks and my 2 active defenses to the same button so it'll activate one, and while its recharging the other will activate.

Neato!

Archived Post
12-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I just bound BCR to most of my attacks and my 2 active defenses to the same button so it'll activate one, and while its recharging the other will activate...
*looks at idea*
*mouth hangs open*
*closes mouth*
*opens mouth*
*closes mouth again*
*DOH's at an idea so simple it's brilliant*
*goes to change his toon's keybinds with BCR immediatly*
*hops a little in glee*
*realizes he's hopping in response to a Bunny's post*
*giggles*

Archived Post
12-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm curious to know what power slot # the passive slot is. I want to make a bind that will swap between Seraphim and Aura of Radiant Glory but I can't figure out what slot ID the passive slot is.

Archived Post
12-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Ok so I have to ask even though this is an older post. I Have tried all of the commands but Im unsure on the (int) and (string) part it wants me to add so maybe one of you veteran binders will know. I am trying to bind the ability to dismiss my pets to a key ....can someone help me there i tried /petpowerexec Dismiss but that failed and so did /petcommandssetallpetsstance Dismiss anyone know what im doing wrong or better yet...how to do it properly?

Archived Post
12-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Ok so I have to ask even though this is an older post. I Have tried all of the commands but Im unsure on the (int) and (string) part it wants me to add so maybe one of you veteran binders will know. I am trying to bind the ability to dismiss my pets to a key ....can someone help me there i tried /petpowerexec Dismiss but that failed and so did /petcommandssetallpetsstance Dismiss anyone know what im doing wrong or better yet...how to do it properly?

As far as I know, no one has discovered a way to control the different types of pets individually when either clicking the buttons on the pet toolbar or bound keys. You can, however, use the following to control all your pets at once.

use "state" instead of "stance"

Numpad1 "petcommands_setallpetsstate attack"
Numpad2 "petcommands_setallpetsstate assist"
Numpad3 "petcommands_setallpetsstate passive"
Numpad4 "petcommands_setallpetsstate stay"
Numpad5 "petcommands_setallpetsstate dismiss"

Obviously, I've bound the commands to my numpad keys ;-)

Archived Post
12-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks I appreciate it ......no more waiting on both wolves to die before i resummon lol. Just wish I could separate those dang turret bots.

Archived Post
12-10-2009, 03:42 PM
ended up finding my answer...
you can bind to the shift key and another key correct?

Archived Post
12-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I just bound BCR to most of my attacks and my 2 active defenses to the same button so it'll activate one, and while its recharging the other will activate.
Are you sure that works? In general, a bind on two powers with non-zero activation time will result in only one power actually going off.

Archived Post
12-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Ok im not sure if this can be done but it would be awsome if someone could work it out.......Is there a way to set it so it changes my costume based on In/out of combat status? Thanks for any replies.

Archived Post
12-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Are you sure that works? In general, a bind on two powers with non-zero activation time will result in only one power actually going off.

Not sure if this is what he is what he is talking about but I have "Bountiful Chi Resurgence" and "Mindful Reinforcement" mapped to the same key using

7 "+PowerTrayExec 6 $$ +PowerTrayExec 8"

With PowerTrayExec 6 = Mindful Reinforcement and PowerTrayExec 8 = Bountiful Chi Resurgence

I also have "Toxic Nanites" + "Force Cascade" tied together in the same way.

I even at one time had 6 "+PowerTrayExec 8 $$ +PowerTrayExec 2 $$ +PowerTrayExec 5".
This almost worked but the delays and occasionally having to press the key twice to get
Force Cascade to fire was a bit frustrating so I did away with it.

BTW, Is there a way to add comments to the bind files? Looking at this stuff can get confusing and
being able to put comments in the file would help a lot.

Archived Post
12-14-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm trying to wrap my head around this, but can't quite seem to find the answer. Someone mentioned in /zone about how they set their energy builder to always be on when they start combat, i.e. you switch targets and it stays on. I hate having to repress my energy builder on attacks every single time, is there a way to macro/keybind it to always be "on"?

Archived Post
12-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Look in game under ESC->Options->Controls. Down at the bottom of the page you will find
a selection for auto attack. The "Toggle, Never Cancels" choice should do what you want.

Archived Post
12-15-2009, 04:17 AM
I'm trying to pull something a bit different...I love the shield-as-toggle setup, but it's getting me killed if my EB is on.

I have my EB set "Toggle, Never Cancel" and it will (way too often) over-ride my shield toggle, and that gets me dead -way- too often.

Best I've been able to come up with is:

/bind SHIFT "+PowerTrayExec 0 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 16"

My original shield bind was the latter, I've added the first part, and it mostly works...if the EB is on, it shuts it off (toggle flip) and then activates the shield as a toggle.

Problem is, if I don't run a "cancel shield" command string for my EB, I have to hit EB three times (or anything else, then EB).

/bind 1 "-PowerTrayExec 16 $$ +PowerTrayExec 0"

These together cut some of my "where did my shield go" deaths.

What I would like is a command where if I hit SHIFT not only will it toggle shield on, but if, and only if, EB is "on" will toggle it off...so a "shut down" command would be ideal, but I've tried, and it doesn't want to work.

Anyone gotten anything to work better than my current setup?

Archived Post
12-22-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm trying to come up with a keybind for the Celestial power "Rebuke".
I need something that targets SELF, not friend.
I tried target nearest friend, and got NPC's and boxes :(
Help?

Archived Post
12-22-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm trying to come up with a keybind for the Celestial power "Rebuke".
I need something that targets SELF, not friend.
I tried target nearest friend, and got NPC's and boxes :(
Help?

I just used the command as suggested in the 3rd post:

Archived Post
12-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I just used the command as suggested in the 3rd post:

I was lazy, i missed it, ty :eek:

Archived Post
12-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Sticky request for lots of useful info in one spot.

Archived Post
12-25-2009, 12:32 PM
How do you bind in pauses for multi shot combos (ie more then 2)? Right now when I use the bind of 3 or more in my string only the first two go off. Is there a pause option to do this (I remeber doing something like this when SWG first came out, so thinking there could be the same here)

I am also curious about a bind that turns any charge attack into a tap. I would love to be able to hold down a button and have my charge attacks auto tap attack.

Archived Post
12-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Wow, thank you very much for this. Can we rename pets and/or can we command pets seperately instead of using the pet action bar which commands all? Thanks again for this post. I will now search pets in it, I should have done first, but already this far. I will remove this post if I find answer.

Archived Post
12-25-2009, 06:21 PM
How about some one posting in this thread a bind to allow you to look up and down.

Archived Post
12-25-2009, 07:04 PM
How about some one posting in this thread a bind to allow you to look up and down.

Camera.down
Camera.up

Unfortunatley, neither work atm :mad:

Archived Post
12-25-2009, 07:35 PM

J "adjustcampitch -10"
L "adjustcampitch 10"

Where J and L are the keys I have them bound to and the 10 or -10 is the amount you want to look up or down (or vice versa, I can never remember which is which). I have found 10 to work okay for me, but you can use any integer you'd like.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there is no command to let me hold down a key and look further and further up (or down) until I release the key. With the "adjustcampitch" you must tap your key repeatedly.

Archived Post
12-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Would using the alias command to make a short slash command to stand for each of the startchatwish commands from post #3 work? If not, anybody know a way to shorten them to a slash command that doesn't require binding?

Also I'm looking for the correct name of the Print Screen key that the game accepts. Just using printscreen in a bind command doesn't seem to work, so what speling does the game require to allow binding something to that key?

Please and thank you.

Archived Post
12-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Can someone post a Bind so that Thunderbolt Lunge is always charging forward to the enemy?

I tried this but it doesn't work.
/bind <input> "+forward $$ +PowerTrayExec <slot #>"

Would "autoforward" work instead?

Archived Post
12-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Here's one for you. Gristle created this great bind file. See below.
How can it link it or any commands to the mouse scroll or mouse buttons?
you could link mouse wheel to load up different binds loads to scroll in and out.

Im using Y for mouse up, and X for mouse down [im at work and cannot remember its proper title]

For this example your going to need to create three files - min.txt, med.txt, max.txt

min.txt

\bind Y "cam_dist 50 & bind_load_file med.txt"
\bind X "cam_dist 25"

med.txt

\bind Y "cam_dist 75 & bind_load_file max.txt"
\bind X "cam_dist 25 & bind_load_file min.txt"

max.txt

\bind Y "cam_dist 75"
\bind X "cam_dist 50 & bind_load_file med.txt"

place those in your CO folder, run CO and type \bind_load_file min.txt

Your mouse wheel should now scroll you through 3 distances. If you want more fine tuning you can expand it from there. Hope that's helpful.

Archived Post
12-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Is there a command to stop tapping and just allow you to spam the power? When I try powertrayexec 1 1
it will tap till the bar is full.

Archived Post
01-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Sorry if this was already answered in previous pages, but is there any way to bind a key to increment a value such as camoffset?

Archived Post
01-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Hi, I was wondering - are there a way to make up for the missing "Auto Attack when damaging enemy, change cancels" option in the Auto Attack controls?

On my fire build I've tried fooling around with /bind e "+PowerTrayExec 1$$ PowerTrayExec 1 0" - but it still toggles the Auto Attack everytime I use my damaging attack.

EDIT: Well, I figured it out, i turned off 'Select Auto Target on Attack' and 'Select Attacker if Attacked' and used (E being my mash key as well as slot 2) [/bind e "+PowerTrayExec 2 $$ Target_Enemy_Near"]
I also set Auto Target range to 100 - I don't know if that does much :)

Works nicely - automatically targets when I attack, she isn't rampaging around with Auto Attack, I don't have to remember to turn it on - and I can even Tap/Charge Chain Lightning as wanted.

Archived Post
01-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Sorry if this was already answered in previous pages, but is there any way to bind a key to increment a value such as camoffset?

try /camoffset 5 or /camoffset -5

It works for adjustcampitch, and I'm pretty sure it works with the offset too. Adjust your numbers to what you like best.

Archived Post
01-12-2010, 04:57 PM
try /camoffset 5 or /camoffset -5

It works for adjustcampitch, and I'm pretty sure it works with the offset too. Adjust your numbers to what you like best.
That sets it to 5 or -5, rather than increasing or decreasing it by 5.

And there's no "adjustcamoffset", I tried :(

Archived Post
01-13-2010, 08:11 AM
That sets it to 5 or -5, rather than increasing or decreasing it by 5.

And there's no "adjustcamoffset", I tried :(

Bah! A quick check of the Champions Wiki command list doesn't show any other commands for offsetting the camera.

I suppose you could set up a couple of keys - center, offset left, offset right. But if you wanted offset left (small bit), offset left (large bit), etc., it would use too many keys.

Archived Post
01-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Bah! A quick check of the Champions Wiki command list doesn't show any other commands for offsetting the camera.

I suppose you could set up a couple of keys - center, offset left, offset right. But if you wanted offset left (small bit), offset left (large bit), etc., it would use too many keys.

Perhaps a variation of the trick suggested by Supastar in the post --> here (http://forums.champions-online.com/showpost.php?p=1416797&postcount=135)

use several files that change the key bind and set the camdistance in whatever increment you want.

Archived Post
01-14-2010, 09:20 AM
can a mod sticky this already. alot of useful info here.

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 11:29 AM
If an admin sees this thread/post, can it be stickied?

Archived Post
01-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Here's one for you. Gristle created this great bind file. See below.
How can it link it or any commands to the mouse scroll or mouse buttons?

you could link mouse wheel to load up different binds loads to scroll in and out.

Im using Y for mouse up, and X for mouse down [im at work and cannot remember its proper title]

For this example your going to need to create three files - min.txt, med.txt, max.txt

min.txt

\bind Y "cam_dist 50 & bind_load_file med.txt"
\bind X "cam_dist 25"

med.txt

\bind Y "cam_dist 75 & bind_load_file max.txt"
\bind X "cam_dist 25 & bind_load_file min.txt"

max.txt

\bind Y "cam_dist 75"
\bind X "cam_dist 50 & bind_load_file med.txt"

place those in your CO folder, run CO and type \bind_load_file min.txt

Your mouse wheel should now scroll you through 3 distances. If you want more fine tuning you can expand it from there. Hope that's helpful.

Put /bind wheelminus in place of /bind Y or
/bind wheelplus in place of /bind X to bind the mouse wheel

Archived Post
01-22-2010, 05:22 AM
Say i wanted to bind two powers to the Left+Right mouse buttons (pressed at the same time) what command would i put in to the...
/bind <??> "+PowerTrayExec 11 $$ +PowerTrayExec 12"

Archived Post
01-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Im struggling to figure out the whole string of commands so will ask.

Is it possible to bind a key to switch between 2 passives. I totally understand that macros to switch builds is exploiting something but its already allowed to just open up your power window and switch between them so if you could short cut that to a button so you could go from say quarry in a fight to molecular assembly when running away it would be handy.

Any ideas if you can do something like this and if so whats the command line?

Archived Post
01-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Alright. I tried to not need to do this, but I've run out of options. I used the Flying costume thing mentioned in the beginning, but it keeps erroring and trying to change costumes multiple times (or so it seems), then not working on the changing costumes at all. I didn't want to change builds as my character doesn't have the builds just yet. I don't want to have to wait till level 8 just to make it work. Please help.

EDIT: I figured out a way that partially fixes this by making a second key load up the other costume-on-travel-button file, but I really do hope there is a better way than this.

Archived Post
01-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Just found this out and haven't seen it here so far so here it is:
/PowerHue 0 <hue> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hue)

That will set all your powers to the same hue.

Archived Post
01-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Just found this out and haven't seen it here so far so here it is:

Every player who is comfortable with a single hue power set should type this command first thing:

/bind p "powerhue 0 X $$ powers"

powerhue is the command to change a power color.
0 (zero) tells powerhue to change all the powers.
X is the color number. Choose a number from 0 to 360.
$$ means we going to add an extra command to the bind.
powers toggles the Powers window open and closed.

This sets all your powers to a particular color and toggles the Powers window open and closed (just like the default p key does). The first time you use it you will probably think it doesn't work because all your powers (as seen in the Powers Window) don't look like they've changed. Actually they have changed color, it's just that the window opened before the colors were changed. Trust me.

Here is a quick guide to color numbers:
Use Default Color = 0
Orange = 30
Yella = 60
Green = 120
Cyan (Aqua to you non-techs) = 180
Blue = 240
Violet = 270
Magenta (Pinkish to you non-techs) = 300
Red = 360

If you are, um, uptight, you can even specify a decimal, like: powerhue 0 127.05348

We don't know the secret numbers of particular powers so you can't use powerhue to change the color of just one power, sorry.

Archived Post
01-28-2010, 11:16 AM
I have been trying to make a bind that will turn off my energy builder before useing Imbue so not waste the crit on the energy builder.

/bind 5 "-PowerTrayExec 0 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4"

Is not working, the energy builder just keeps going, how do i get this to work?

Archived Post
01-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I have been trying to make a bind that will turn off my energy builder before useing Imbue so not waste the crit on the energy builder.

/bind 5 "-PowerTrayExec 0 $$ +PowerTrayExec 4"

Is not working, the energy builder just keeps going, how do i get this to work?

you need to use PowerTrayExec 0 0, using -PowerTrayExec won't work in this situation. At least thats what I think I used on my Celestial. Might have done something different.

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 09:05 AM
It says in the faq that you can bind a command to target self with the string below, but it has not worked for me and i get the error message, that it is an unknown command. I am trying to get this string to work so i can cast chi and then do a targeted maintained heal on my self.

/bind r "PowerTrayExec 1 10$$ +down1 $$ target_self $$ PowerTrayExec 1 11"
It all works but the traget self command.

Did CO disable this command or something, Please help

Archived Post
02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I cannot, in good conscience, support Cryptic.

Archived Post
02-02-2010, 12:36 PM
None of these commands have been disabled. I just checked.

First, +down1 has to be the first command no matter what.

Second, if you start with a +down1 then you want to be sure that any maintain or charge power in the bind starts with a +.

Third, most of the time firing off two powers time tends to be a bit unreliable. We have yet to really understand why.

Try these and see how it works:

/bind r "+down1 $$ target_self $$ +PowerTrayExec 10 $$ +PowerTrayExec 11"

or

/bind r "+down1 $$ target_self $$ +PowerTrayExec 11 $$ +PowerTrayExec 10"

Good luck!

the string you gave me worked great, does what i want now, so thanks alot

Archived Post
02-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Is there a way to bind a key to activate (for example) Gatling Gun when i press it, and deactivate when I release?
Might /bind +x and /bind -x work, or are those operators reserved for powerexec and combining keys? (eg alt+3)

Archived Post
02-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Speaking of gatling gun, is it possible with the PA toggles, to make a single key bind to activated all 3 at the same time? and I mean, all three that can be run at the same time.

Im sorry if this has been asked, I didn't see it.

Archived Post
02-19-2010, 01:50 AM
first of all. Sticky and graet job.

Then, I was looking at all commands found here: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List but didn't found anything like "target item". So there is target entity, target friend, target Eneymy... but didn't found anything like "target nearest object"....

is there any chance to get something like that?

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Interesting stuff. I'm currently looking to make a bind that loads up everytime I start CO setting the max fps to 40 or less.

/maxfps 40

is the command.

Anyone have an idea how to make this start up automatically?

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Speaking of gatling gun, is it possible with the PA toggles, to make a single key bind to activated all 3 at the same time? and I mean, all three that can be run at the same time.
When I tested this, two powers would activate and the third would not. No clue why.

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Stormshade gave me the go-ahead to sticky this thread! Thanks for everyone's hard work in keeping this information up-to-date and responding to questions!

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Interesting stuff. I'm currently looking to make a bind that loads up everytime I start CO setting the max fps to 40 or less.

/maxfps 40

is the command.

Anyone have an idea how to make this start up automatically?
On pts, the maxfps command seems to be persistent across logins.

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Is there any way to create a macros button to appear in your tray with what you want in it? I remember in CoH, you could create a gray macros button with a 2 or 3 letter name on it and create it to do the same things that a bind would do, only you had to click the button you created for it to work.

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Is there any way to create a macros button to appear in your tray with what you want in it? I remember in CoH, you could create a gray macros button with a 2 or 3 letter name on it and create it to do the same things that a bind would do, only you had to click the button you created for it to work.

Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to create buttons. :(

Archived Post
03-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Dang. Oh well, thanx for the answer.

Archived Post
03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Has anyone mastered the /powerhue <int> <float> command to make it set individual powers and not all of them at once?

Archived Post
03-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Has anyone noticed bindings not working correctly?

My block/toggle isn't shutting down when I try to activate powers anymore...if it's not a travel power or a PBAoE, or manually clicking the block icon, it isn't working.

Only workaround I've found so far, is to have a "tap" bind setup (one of my guys has Force Shield so I tap for the sheath at times) to shut the shield down, and that's highly annoying to have to do.

So, anyone else having this problem, or seeing other binds acting funny?

Archived Post
03-30-2010, 08:27 PM
so im trying to bind lazer sword and chainsaw, i have lazer sword in #6 and chainsaw#7 and i want to use #2 to use both, so i put in

/bind 2 "+PowerTrayExec 6 $$ +PowerTrayExec 7"

but tis not working
so when i hit #2 it says unknown command "powertrayexec 6 unknown command powertrayexec 7
please help im so lost

Archived Post
03-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Has anyone noticed bindings not working correctly?

My block/toggle isn't shutting down when I try to activate powers anymore...if it's not a travel power or a PBAoE, or manually clicking the block icon, it isn't working.

Only workaround I've found so far, is to have a "tap" bind setup (one of my guys has Force Shield so I tap for the sheath at times) to shut the shield down, and that's highly annoying to have to do.

So, anyone else having this problem, or seeing other binds acting funny?

I was doing some test and yes, they were not working fine:

My issue was that sometimes work, sometimes not. Or, directly didn't work.
I was trying to chain some powers and tested with some binds.

In one I was trying to stop energy builder, activate on hit buff (sonic device, toxic nanites... whatever) and then cast an aoe power. It looks pretty easy but I wasn't lucky with it.
Issues:

- I wasn't able to "use" a power using its name (no it slot on the power tray). I got the command, got the sintaxys, and tried directly without the bind with different powers. No luck.

- With the bind: I can't deactivate energy builder anyway, the only thing I can do is to "swap" its status with its specific command.

- The same bind, sometimes work, and sometimes not. Finally I tested it with toxic nanites + gigabolt. Sometims it was fine, it uses nanites and drop gigabolt, but others do nothing, use gigabolt without nanites etc...

Also, before this threads goes sticky I asked a questionabout "targeting objects" but seems noone saw it:

first of all. Sticky and graet job.

Then, I was looking at all commands found here: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List but didn't found anything like "target item". So there is target entity, target friend, target Eneymy... but didn't found anything like "target nearest object"....

is there any chance to get something like that?

And one last thing: In other mmo I saw that you can put some skills in auto (you just need to hit shift+right click on the skill, for ex, the skills glows and when is ready to use it auto fires). Is there anyway to do this in C.O. ?

Archived Post
04-03-2010, 11:13 PM
i'm trying to make a bind that will turn off my energy builder and deselect a target to make it easier to disengage from battle, especially those that you don't mean to start because your energy builder just randomly starts attacking your autotarget. but no matter how hard i try i can't get the "- power[tray/slot]exec 0" or the "power[tray/slot]exec 0 0" commands to work. if the power is on or off those commands to do nothing for me. the + and 1 commands will toggle it on or off, but i want something that will only turn it off and never turn it on if it's off. am i doing something wrong or did i misunderstand the OP?

please help.

Archived Post
04-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Just use defaultautoattack 0 and it will always shutoff the energy builder. (defaultautoattack 1 to turn it on)

Archived Post
04-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the cool guide. I can't get the above one to work though. It just leaves the power on even when I press the bind key again. I tried adding the ++ to it but that doesn't work either. I want to be able to press my block button, and have my character block until I press block again, which turns it off.

Can this be done?

Archived Post
05-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if there is a list of descriptor tags somewhere other than $target and $player? Took me 20m to discover the $player tag, after expecting $name to work :)

Also, where would I find a list of names for powers that work with the /powerexec command?
The only thing I've seen is the reference to 'force_forceshield_r1' and such. I personally am trying to use my fire powers w/o having to bind it to a slot. I understand the fundamentals behind it, for instance... with the above example, Immolation should be something like this
fire_immolation_r1 (or r2 depending on your rank etc)
but that does not seem to work and I've tried several other variations...

Finally, why are the interface command explanations so difficult to track down? I'm familiar with the wiki listing, and this FAQ on Binds here in the forums and while both are helpful, I find them lacking the information I truly desire...

For Instance, with the setactivecostume command, what does the first variable represent? I know the 2nd one is your costume slot, but there is no explanation as to with the '0' stands for... is that you're build? or just some random number cause I can put anything in the first variable and get my costume to change.

Archived Post
05-31-2010, 01:36 PM
i'm trying to make a bind that will turn off my energy builder and deselect a target to make it easier to disengage from battle, especially those that you don't mean to start because your energy builder just randomly starts attacking your autotarget. but no matter how hard i try i can't get the "- power[tray/slot]exec 0" or the "power[tray/slot]exec 0 0" commands to work. if the power is on or off those commands to do nothing for me. the + and 1 commands will toggle it on or off, but i want something that will only turn it off and never turn it on if it's off. am i doing something wrong or did i misunderstand the OP?

please help.

Interesting problem. I've never really thought about doing it this way. Why? Because the game comes with a built-in 'keybind' for doing this already. Hitting the Esc key has a number of functions (close window & open exit dialogue, for example) and it also has the immediate effect of doing exactly what you want your keybind to do ... drop the current target and shutdown your EB.

Note that this function is not listed under your keybinds (Options menu) ... I'm not sure you can remap this key (Esc) and I'm certainly not going to try.

Regardless, the OP may not have been entirely clear regarding the binary (+ or -) parameter. To make a keybind work as you suggest, try using the '+' in place of the '-'. Because your EB is in an "ON" state, the '+' acts as a keypress that deactivates the command. BTW, I'm still unclear myself as to what purpose the '-' parameter serves ...

I just noticed that someone else appears to have answered this question already, but I'm going to leave my reply as well (since it is a different approach).

Archived Post
06-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Has anyone mastered the /powerhue <int> <float> command to make it set individual powers and not all of them at once?

To my knowledge, no one has yet to figure this one out. The <int> argument remains a mystery and various tests I've attempted to run against possible number combos has yielded zero results.

Archived Post
06-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the cool guide. I can't get the above one to work though. It just leaves the power on even when I press the bind key again. I tried adding the ++ to it but that doesn't work either. I want to be able to press my block button, and have my character block until I press block again, which turns it off.

Can this be done?

I've experimented a bit with this, as well as the Travel Powers and Energy Builders. They way certain commands behave may be linked to either the type of power it is or the slot itself. Hard to say, but it doesn't really matter because certain slots are specific to certain powers ... you can't put something else in there if you tried. And, for example, you cannot place your EB at any tray position other than Slot 0.

I've not seen '++' work on any combat ability anywhere. That particular parameter is specific to movement ... and may be specific to certain directions of movement (haven't played with it really).

The '+' and '1' binary parameters do not behave exactly the same in every situation. For most basic powers, they do serve the same function. For your Travel Powers and Blocks ... they do not.

Your typical (and default) Block key has a command line like this: +PowerTrayExec 16

That "binding" makes your block key function in the exact way you are used to ... the game default for blocking. If you bind another key using the same command, for example /bind b "+PowerTrayExec 16", your 'b' key will now function the exact same way your 'Sh' key does. In fact, if you use that specific bind, your 'b' key will now appear in the assigned slot of your power tray, tho 'Sh' will continue to work as well unless you clear it.

If you look at your Keybinds list in your Options menu, 'B' is now your blocking key.

On a side note, just because it's interesting to me (and I don't think I've ever seen it discussed) if you change the command line to PowerSlotExec it won't appear in your tray or on the keybinds list.

Your blocking power will function differently if you structure the command this way: PowerTrayExec 1 16

That command makes your block a "semi-toggle". I call it "semi" because, while you can toggle it on, you cannot use the same command or keybind to toggle it off. It creates the ON condition only. But the previous command, +PowerTrayExec 16, will turn it off. You can also shut off the block by activating another power, such as an attack, a toggle, a buff, or a travel power. For an attack to shut off the blocking "semi-toggle", it has to be successful (you have to be in range of something to hit with the attack). Activating or deactivating your EB won't have any effect. Neither will deactivating various buffs or your travel power.

In short, it appears you have to take some kind of action in order to stop blocking. Passive actions, like turning things off, won't work.

The bottom line is this: If you want to use the same key (such as the default 'Sh' key) to activate an auto-block and deactivate it ... you can't.

I personally use this work around:

/bind b "PowerTrayExec 1 16"
/bind ALT+b "Builds"
/bind SHIFT "+PowerTrayExec 16"

I use 'B' for my auto-block. If I'm in combat, any other attack will shut it down and cause me to re-enter the fight. If I'm not in combat and I need to turn it off, I can still do so by simply hitting the 'Sh' key like normal. And, if I just want a quick block, I still have one.

By the way, you don't need to bind that third line above if you haven't changed your default block key. Just copy and paste the first two lines to bind your 'B' and Alt+B keys. You really don't need the 2nd line either, but it's there in case you still want to use a keypress to access your builds.

Archived Post
06-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I've experimented a bit with this, as well as the Travel Powers and Energy Builders. They way certain commands behave may be linked to either the type of power it is or the slot itself. Hard to say, but it doesn't really matter because certain slots are specific to certain powers ... you can't put something else in there if you tried. And, for example, you cannot place your EB at any tray position other than Slot 0.

I've not seen '++' work on any combat ability anywhere. That particular parameter is specific to movement ... and may be specific to certain directions of movement (haven't played with it really).

The '+' and '1' binary parameters do not behave exactly the same in every situation. For most basic powers, they do serve the same function. For your Travel Powers and Blocks ... they do not.

Your typical (and default) Block key has a command line like this: +PowerTrayExec 16

That "binding" makes your block key function in the exact way you are used to ... the game default for blocking. If you bind another key using the same command, for example /bind b "+PowerTrayExec 16", your 'b' key will now function the exact same way your 'Sh' key does. In fact, if you use that specific bind, your 'b' key will now appear in the assigned slot of your power tray, tho 'Sh' will continue to work as well unless you clear it.

If you look at your Keybinds list in your Options menu, 'B' is now your blocking key.

On a side note, just because it's interesting to me (and I don't think I've ever seen it discussed) if you change the command line to PowerSlotExec it won't appear in your tray or on the keybinds list.

Your blocking power will function differently if you structure the command this way: PowerTrayExec 1 16

That command makes your block a "semi-toggle". I call it "semi" because, while you can toggle it on, you cannot use the same command or keybind to toggle it off. It creates the ON condition only. But the previous command, +PowerTrayExec 16, will turn it off. You can also shut off the block by activating another power, such as an attack, a toggle, a buff, or a travel power. For an attack to shut off the blocking "semi-toggle", it has to be successful (you have to be in range of something to hit with the attack). Activating or deactivating your EB won't have any effect. Neither will deactivating various buffs or your travel power.

In short, it appears you have to take some kind of action in order to stop blocking. Passive actions, like turning things off, won't work.

The bottom line is this: If you want to use the same key (such as the default 'Sh' key) to activate an auto-block and deactivate it ... you can't.

I personally use this work around:

/bind b "PowerTrayExec 1 16"
/bind ALT+b "Builds"
/bind SHIFT "+PowerTrayExec 16"

I use 'B' for my auto-block. If I'm in combat, any other attack will shut it down and cause me to re-enter the fight. If I'm not in combat and I need to turn it off, I can still do so by simply hitting the 'Sh' key like normal. And, if I just want a quick block, I still have one.

By the way, you don't need to bind that third line above if you haven't changed your default block key. Just copy and paste the first two lines to bind your 'B' and Alt+B keys. You really don't need the 2nd line either, but it's there in case you still want to use a keypress to access your builds.
Actually, Shift can be toggled with the same key. I know because I have it toggle on most of my characters. I cannot remember the bind I used right now, but I'm pretty sure I just made it load up a different bind on top of blocking. It doesn't work so well trying to use the same trick for Autoattack, as it tends to become random if it works right in that situation, but it works just fine for Block.

Archived Post
06-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Actually, Shift can be toggled with the same key. I know because I have it toggle on most of my characters. I cannot remember the bind I used right now, but I'm pretty sure I just made it load up a different bind on top of blocking. It doesn't work so well trying to use the same trick for Autoattack, as it tends to become random if it works right in that situation, but it works just fine for Block.

I'm very curious as to what you mean here: "Shift can be toggled with the same key" ... Do you mean that Blocking can be toggled using the Shift (or some other) key? If so, I'm certain you are correct. I assume it could be done by binding the key in a way that load up a new command to the same key, creating a kind of pseudo-toggle ... as I believe you're suggesting.

I'll admit that I haven't played with this kind of keybinding; I will usually avoid the more complex type of keybinding that can be done using multiple files and/or specialized keypad/controllers. It CAN be done, and often it will even work as intended. In my experience, even simple keybinds in this game can have unexpected results.

For those out there who want a true toggle for blocking, perhaps you can provide an example of what you've done on your characters. I'd like to see it myself just to expand my understanding of the process.

Archived Post
06-10-2010, 11:47 AM
This is what I used for Block (thought I used shift, but I used ` instead, and now I remember that I had switched it to that because that meant I could use it easier during combat with how I keep my hands).

In file Block.txt:
` "PowerTrayExec 1 16 $$ bind_load_file Unblock.txt"

In file Unblock.txt:
` "PowerTrayExec 0 16 $$ bind_load_file Block.txt"

I haven't actually played Champions in a week or two due to RL issues, which is why I didn't remember what I used. And at the time I replied earlier, I was sleepy, or I'd have called it Block, not Shift.

Archived Post
06-11-2010, 04:14 AM
Hi all,

First of all, awesome thread, but I can't find much on the /alias command.

Has anyone found out how to actually save the aliases so they don't reset when logging off??
Other links with more info or some such?
I don't want to bind every sentence to a key .. seems like a waist of keybinds.

I hope you guys can help me out with this.. thx

Archived Post
06-11-2010, 09:27 AM

As noted in a different thread, specifically about Block Toggles (http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=77643), many Power Armor powers won't work to shut off your auto-block either. I imagine it has something to do with the fact that many of those are designed to work specifically while other attacks are active.

Archived Post
06-12-2010, 03:30 PM
*moved to own thread*

Archived Post
06-13-2010, 02:21 AM
Is there a way to keybind turning landmarks off on the minimap?

Archived Post
06-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Ok I've done this....

fly.txt:
t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 2 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

land.txt:
t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ bind_load_file fly.txt"

/bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

and it works fine to start with, hitting t turns on my fireflight and switches to 2nd costume, but hitting t again won't restore my original costume so what have I done wrong?

Archived Post
06-13-2010, 04:39 AM
Ok I've done this....

and it works fine to start with, hitting t turns on my fireflight and switches to 2nd costume, but hitting t again won't restore my original costume so what have I done wrong?

Try "setactivecostume 0 0" and "setactivecostume 0 1". I think th costumes go 0, 1, 2, ... instead of 1, 2, 3, ...

Archived Post
06-13-2010, 05:01 AM
ok i tried that and.. no difference can switch to 2nd costume with fireflight hitting it again only removes the fireflight but keeps the same costume (waited for cooldown to end)

Archived Post
06-14-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm trying to bind a local say and powerexec into one slot, like so:
3 "+PowerTrayExec 10$$local Pentagram of Fire!"

This works, but has two problems. First, the associated hotkey no longer shows over the slot in the power tray. Second, the local message fires twice.

I can get the hotkey to show by binding the combined macro to an intermediate alias... but you can't directly set aliases in a keybind.txt. I could indirectly map a binding to set the alias, but that doesn't work with commands joined by $$. :-/

I can get around the message firing twice like so:
3 "PowerTrayExec 1 10$$local Pentagram of Fire!"

but then maintain/charge powers don't stop when you release their key.

Does anyone know of a way to get around these issues?

Archived Post
06-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm trying to bind a local say and powerexec into one slot, like so:
3 "+PowerTrayExec 10$$local Pentagram of Fire!"

This works, but has two problems. First, the associated hotkey no longer shows over the slot in the power tray. Second, the local message fires twice.

I can get the hotkey to show by binding the combined macro to an intermediate alias... but you can't directly set aliases in a keybind.txt. I could indirectly map a binding to set the alias, but that doesn't work with commands joined by $$. :-/

I can get around the message firing twice like so:
3 "PowerTrayExec 1 10$$local Pentagram of Fire!"

but then maintain/charge powers don't stop when you release their key.

Does anyone know of a way to get around these issues?

Have you tried binding the "say" first?
3 "local Pentagram of Fire!$$PowerTrayExec 1 10"

They fire off pretty much instantaneously so it doesn't really matter which is first (as long as it works in the manner you want it to).

Archived Post
06-17-2010, 02:37 PM
ok i tried that and.. no difference can switch to 2nd costume with fireflight hitting it again only removes the fireflight but keeps the same costume (waited for cooldown to end)

Okay. Hope this helps and please forgive me if I'm rehashing information you already know.

As the command lines are given here, I cannot get those to work quite right either. It may simply be old info, but I'm fairly certain these were tested out early on. I suspect it may be related to the order in which the commands are processed even tho they all occur simultaneously as far as the game is concerned. Never fear, there is a sequence of command lines that will work. Feel free to skip to the end and just start testing them out yourself ... or bare with me a bit yet so we all might understand what's happening.

Let's first make sure everyone knows what each command is doing:

SetActiveCostume 0 <costume#>

This command, as you can likely guess, loads up whichever costume you have set for the given costume slot <costume#>. The '0' parameter has little impact on the issue, but it is required. You can use other numbers there, but that's another discussion entirely. Stick with the '0'. The costume numbers start at '0'; your original costume is in costume position 0, not 1. Your second costume is in costume position 1, third costume in position 2, and so on. Naturally, if you only have one costume, this discussion won't apply to you.

+PowerSlotExec 14

Specifically activates your travel power. This is (more or less) the same command as +PowerTrayExec 14 ... but I prefer my version (again, that's another discussion). The '+' is a "keypress condition" and not a true "toggle on" parameter. The exact same '+' is used to turn off flight. Alternatively, the command can also be written as PowerSlotExec 1 14. In this situation, it makes little or no difference. I suspect that the '+' may behave differently in an extended (or multiple) command sequence. This may or may not be related to the overall problem.

BindLoadFile <string>

The underscores (bind_load_file) are not necessary in this command. I'm not sure they're needed in any command, but cannot confirm this without testing them all. This one I've tested. Trust me, it works as given. This is the command to load a specific file where <string> is the file name, including .txt extension. In this case, you need two different files: land.txt and fly.txt

Both files must be placed in your "Live" directory. This is usually found here:
C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live

fly.txt

This file should contain the command for your default costume, or the one you wear when you're not flying. The costume command is not actually activated when the file is loaded; rather it is put into place to activate the costume when 't' is pressed. It will also load the the land.txt file for when you are flying.

land.txt

This file is loaded when you land and contains the command for to activate your flight costume on the next keypress. It also loads the fly.txt file.

Now that the parts are all identified, we can put them together. Step by step ...

Step 1: Create a fly.txt file with the following line in the same directory.

t "SetActiveCostume 0 0$$+PowerSlotExec 14$$BindLoadFile land.txt"

Step 2: Create a land.txt file. Using notepad (or any text editior), type the following and save it as land.txt in your Live directory.

t "SetActiveCostume 0 1$$+PowerSlotExec 14$$BindLoadFile fly.txt"

Step 3: Start the game. Put on your default costume. Turn off your travel power. While you are not in flight, type the following command line into your chat window.

/bindloadfile land.txt

Remember this command. You may want to reset your costume/flight condition by repeating Step 3. Your travel power will be forcibly deactivated--sooner or l ater--and Step 3 will always return you to your default "position" for the command sequence. You don't really have to do it this way, but it may be less confusing if you do. You can also just try to remember this: If you are not flying, make sure you are in the appropriate costume for non-flight before using 't' to activate your travel power; conversely, if you are flying, make sure you are wearing your flight costume before pressing 't'.

Finally, remember that this command sequence only works as a key press. You cannot simply click the icon for your travel power and swap out costumes. Clicking that icon will only activate your travel power.

Try it. Hit the 't' key. If you've done every step as detailed above, it will work. On a side note, when I use this set up, I bind it to a different key (like 'u' ... for "Up, Up, and ..." well, you know the rest).

I realize this post is horribly long and contains far more information than anybody really wants. My goal was not to show off but to help everybody fully understand what is happening and why. Best of luck ... and let me know how it turns out.

NOTE: Some of the replies that follow refer to the original text of this post. It has been edited to correct the file names.

Archived Post
06-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Ok i tried that and i noticed a flash so i assumed it was trying to load my default costume while the default costume was already loaded so i had the wrong costume (the one made at character creation) in fireflight, and waiting the 10secs or cooldown hitting t again turned off fireflight and switched to the 2nd costume (the one made for in fireflight)

So i swapped the 1 and 0 and fly and land around and now works as advertised. For whatever reason it seems to think the new costume is the first one, perhaps something to do with the patch or 'editing' it to check on colours.

Anyway problem solved so thanks a bunch mate

Archived Post
06-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Ok i tried that and i noticed a flash so i assumed it was trying to load my default costume while the default costume was already loaded so i had the wrong costume (the one made at character creation) in fireflight, and waiting the 10secs or cooldown hitting t again turned off fireflight and switched to the 2nd costume (the one made for in fireflight)

So i swapped the 1 and 0 and fly and land around and now works as advertised. For whatever reason it seems to think the new costume is the first one, perhaps something to do with the patch or 'editing' it to check on colours.

i had the same sort of problem as you, i did everything random said but with me it turned flight on and changed to my flying costume, but when i pressed t again it turned fly off but didn't change my costume back. i also tried swapping the numbers around and the land and fly and it still did the same.

but i did manage to get it to work using two keys one to turn flight on and change costume and the other to turn flight off and change costume back to my original.

but would still love it to work on just one key would be simpler

Archived Post
06-18-2010, 09:01 AM

Glad you got it to work. I doubt what you experienced at first was patch related (though I might test that later) ... it is equally possible I have something backward. There's just something about the command sequence and what goes where that makes my eyes bleed. The main reason I went through that ridiculous explanation of each step was an attempt to keep it all straight in my own head. I swapped stuff around so much during test ... :confused:

EDIT: Turns out I did have the costume numbers switched. Apologies all around and thanks to Latronis for identifying the issue. The post in question has been corrected.

Archived Post
06-18-2010, 12:40 PM
but would still love it to work on just one key would be simpler

It has been observed elsewhere in this thread that some commands are unreliable, particularly when you string more than a couple of them together. I don't know why that is really and hate to even theorize.

I can only recommend that you try once more using the corrected command sequence as per my latest edit. The fact that you can accomplish much the same thing by binding to different keys suggests that there is no really good reason why it shouldn't work. All the command sequence does is "rebind" the travel key each time it is pressed.

By the way, as noted in my original post, I do not bind the sequence to the actual travel key. But if you do have to undo anything related to my post, you can effectively reset your travel key thru the Options - Keybinds menu.

Archived Post
06-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm sure the pieces are in this thread somewhere, but can someone give me an example of a bind that would activate teleport, switch my build, and switch the hue of all my powers. Thanks in advance!

Archived Post
06-20-2010, 01:21 AM
IDK if this has been covered yet, but i can't find it here so i'm asking.

I've got a pre-order device that gives an "Aura", and i want to turn it on/off with the primary travel power.

Is there a command to "remove/place" a "Device" in a tray? :confused:
It activates when slotted, not when clicked hence the question.

(The tray slot in quesiton is #5, or "+InventoryExec Devices 4".)

Thanks in advance...

Archived Post
06-20-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm sure the pieces are in this thread somewhere, but can someone give me an example of a bind that would activate teleport, switch my build, and switch the hue of all my powers. Thanks in advance!
I think I answered that in your thread, although I'm not sure if it works, youd have to mess around with it a bit.

Also, I have succesfully bound "south of champions hq" to my keyboard :)

/alias southhq "yell South of champions hq!"

then:

/bind L southhq

Archived Post
06-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm looking for the command for "throw." I want my guy to say something clever as he sends a dumpster flying into a gangmember's head. I've tried "interact" as the command, but it doesn't work. The "playersay" portion works just fine, though. Any ideas?

Archived Post
06-23-2010, 07:43 PM
I think I answered that in your thread, although I'm not sure if it works, youd have to mess around with it a bit.

then:

/bind L southhq

The bind I ended up using was:

/bind ' "+powertrayexec 14$$powerhue 0 240$$buildset 0"

I use the ' ; l and k keys for quick switches to all the builds/forms. So far, I have my human form, a werewolf form, and a demon form. I haven't yet gotten my 4th costume slot, so I have time to decide what that form will be. It is annoying that I can't rapidly switch forms mid-combat due to the timer on switching builds, but it's still pretty cool to go from my ST ranged build, (human), to my ST melee form, (werewolf), and then my AoE form, (demon) to achieve different effects. I still can't figure out how to get the bind to trigger tp and do the changes in color/build, then take me out of tp when I release the bound key. It's still fun to play.

Archived Post
06-23-2010, 07:53 PM

then:

/bind L southhq

Heh ... funny! ;)

I've been neglecting my favorite thread for a few days but I'll try to get on the ball here shortly. In the meantime, my experience with the "alias" command is kind of limited. My understanding is that any "alias" command is dropped upon log out. Is that accurate? I should just test it myself but I'm lacking energy tonight ...

Archived Post
06-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm looking for the command for "throw." I want my guy to say something clever as he sends a dumpster flying into a gangmember's head. I've tried "interact" as the command, but it doesn't work. The "playersay" portion works just fine, though. Any ideas?

This one we can do! A couple of quick observations first ...

PlayerSay OR Local? PlayerSay will pop up a chat balloon that only you (the player) will see. That's preferred by some, but if you're going to the effort, you might want to share your pithy remarks. I mean, Spider-Man is not nearly so amusing when all his wise-cracks are only in his head.

So I prefer the Local chat command for this type of stuff, or Team if you want to keep it in that context. And I think you can abbreviate Local to simply L ... but that might get confusing.

The command you are probably looking for is this one: InteractWindow. That is the command which is executed when you mash that 'Z' key. However, I would not bind any multiple or custom command to your normal interact key (probably 'Z'). Rather, create a second keybind specific for tossing stuff around.

So it would go like this ...

/bind h "InteractWindow$$Local Heads Up!"

With this bind, you will be able to use your 'Z' for all the usual stuff like chatting up NPCs and opening doors. But when you're ready to toss a Buick at someone, use the 'Z' to pick it up then slap that 'H' key to let'r rip.

Best of luck!

Archived Post
06-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Hey, thanks for the clarifications. I'm pretty bind-saavy from CoX, but there is a language difference here, as well as a couple of procedural changes. 'Preciate it!

edit:

Just tried it out in game and it's flawless. Thanks again.

Archived Post
06-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Back in CoX, it was possible to use a string value to name someone in a chat bind. It was usuall expressed as "$target" in your command code. It was useful for saying things like "I'll take the Bone Daddy." and so on and so forth.

Is there a piece of code for Champions Online? I'd like to do some specific call outs.

Archived Post
06-26-2010, 07:32 PM
t "SetActiveCostume 0 0$$+PowerSlotExec 14$$BindLoadFile land.txt"

t "SetActiveCostume 0 1$$+PowerSlotExec 14$$BindLoadFile fly.txt"

I've set up files with these commands and gotten it all to work after a fashion, but there's one serious headache I can't seem to solve. When I hit 'T' to activate my travel power (flight, in my case) it charges up to max, always. This is problematic as sometimes I want to get into flight mode quickly and not have to wait for a full charge.

If I understand things correctly the '+" in front of '+PowerSlotExec' should allow me to tap or charge, but it doesn't seem to -- it always charges to full even if I just tap. Am I misunderstanding how the command should work, or what? Is '+PowerSlotExec 14' really just the same as 'PowerSlotExec 1 14' and I'm misunderstanding how the '+' is supposed to work?

Oh, and does anyone know what the cooldown on costume swaps is exactly? Seems like around 10 sec, but I'm not entirely sure and the cooldown doesn't seem to be displayed anywhere. To be honest I can't even figure out why there is a cooldown on costume swaps in the first place.

Archived Post
06-30-2010, 04:24 PM
SOMEHOW :D i seem to have erased the default command associated with the "ESC" key.
(The one that brings up the sub menu that includes the commands "log out" and "quit".)
Does anyone know the command so i can re-keybind it?

Thanks...

Archived Post
06-30-2010, 06:11 PM
SOMEHOW :D i seem to have erased the default command associated with the "ESC" key.
(The one that brings up the sub menu that includes the commands "log out" and "quit".)
Does anyone know the command so i can re-keybind it?

Thanks...

I'm not seeing anything assigned to ESC in Options/KeyBinds. What is happening when
you press it?

You might try going to options/keybinds (via menu upper left button on mini display) and
selecting reset to defaults.

Archived Post
06-30-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm not seeing anything assigned to ESC in Options/KeyBinds. What is happening when
you press it?

You might try going to options/keybinds (via menu upper left button on mini display) and
selecting reset to defaults.

Nothing is happening, unlike my other toons.
I'm thinking i overwrote it somehow and then erased the overwrite thereby deleting the default keybind.
Yeah, if i can't find the answer i'll reset to default.
But since i've got a few custom keybinds i thought i'd try this first...

Archived Post
06-30-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm thinking i overwrote it somehow and then erased the overwrite thereby deleting the default keybind.

Looking at the console command list (http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List), it looks like esc is bound to 'ClearTargetOrBringUpMenu' by default. I'm guessing what you need is something like /bind esc "ClearTargetOrBringUpMenu", but god knows I'm probably way off.

Archived Post
06-30-2010, 09:01 PM

Try doing "/bind_save_file mykeybinds.txt"

This will save your current key binds into a editable file. Load it into notepad and check it out.
the command bind_save_file should save to the file any key binds that have been changed from
their default. You might be able to see if ESC has been set to "NULL" or not. Either
way you should be able to reset your current key binds with "/bind_load_file mykeybinds.txt"
after doing a "Reset to Defaults".

Archived Post
06-30-2010, 11:17 PM
I had already saved the file, thats how i knew i cleared it.
I just didn't know HOW i cleared it :)

But thanks, "ClearTargetOrBringUpMenu" worked...

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 03:36 AM
I've read through this (absolutely wonderful, fantastic, and invaluable) thread, and if it's here, or anywhere in the forums for that matter, I've missed what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a command within a string that will allow me to cycle through a series of moves with a single keypress for tanking purposes without resorting to an external .txt file. Specifically; a tap for Shadow Blast (which has my crippling challenge), Thunderbolt Lunge, tapped Defile, then a maintain-while-held Devour Essence.

I wouldn't need this if my fumbling old fingers could find the keys as well as they used to, but, as they say, time wounds all heels...

I'd appreciate any help, or a re-direct to a post I've missed that has what I want.

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I believe the only way to accomplish what you're trying to do is either using a rotating *.txt file,
OR use a macro with a time delay on each command.

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm looking for a command within a string that will allow me to cycle through a series of moves with a single keypress for tanking purposes without resorting to an external .txt file. .

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty with a little Lua, you can try either something like a Logitech G-series kayboard or use something like autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/).

The only issue I can see there is the CO engine seems to handle keyboard input very oddly. Even a simple two-key script tends to be problematic without (and even with) playing with delays. That, and since all scripting in this game is 'dumb' (id est, there's no access to gamestate data), there's no easy way to get a sequence to reset to its start state without dedicating another key/macro to doing just that and making sure you hit it between targets/fights.

Archived Post
07-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Ok, thanks for the info/replies :)

I was kind of hoping there was a different comand from the "$$" string joiner that would let the system know "Ah, he already did the first one, so the hotkey means the second segment now, and the next time he presses it, it will mean the third" etc. If such a command/symbol does not exist with this system, then I'll puzzle out how to do it with a .txt file.

Yea gods, but I miss my brain of 20-30 years ago, so much harder to learn new things now :p

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 06:41 AM
I believe the only way to accomplish what you're trying to do is either using a rotating *.txt file,

This is the first I've heard of a time delay with binds. How do you do that?

Archived Post
07-02-2010, 03:35 PM

This is the first I've heard of a time delay with binds. How do you do that?
A "macro", not a "bind" :cool:

Archived Post
07-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Excellent thread!

Was having trouble doing what I needed. It simply was not performing the sequence consistently for me however I finally have it doing right what I want, so thought I would share for anyone else experiencing the same issues of it not working or working badly / bad sequence.

Imbue is an excellent power I found while rummaging around at L35 in PH and gave it a go. I like it, a lot. I'm total Might Melee and Imbue serves 2 purposes for me based on situation:

1) Can be used to get a evil critical and

2) Can be used to crit my last resort heal which is Resurgence.

Imbue is an Onnext attack (or heal), regardless if it's a monster hit or a fly swat clobber.

------------------------------------------------
1) Problem:

Big battle it is easy to waste Imbue in many, many ways if not paying attention but most common would simply be the auto attack of Clobber / EB.

1) Answer:

"DefaultAutoAttack 1 $$ ToggleDefaultAutoAttack $$ +PowerTrayExec 3"

- Forces EB on and then off in m/s unnoticable. I was not able to -consistently- toggle it off, and ONLY off, otherwise.
- Executes Imbue.
- I'm ready to blast whatever I want.
- Kick EB back on as normal manually. Much more manageable and fast in battle.

2) Problem:

Big battle where I have a TON of agro on me, or just something that hits like a train and I missed a block or couldn't and therefore took a near death hit, I need the solution provided by 1 plus my last resort heal, and I need it to always work, regardless of cool down of Imbue, and to always behave consistently and not only execute 1 or the other, regardless of CD on either. It must 1st try Imbue and then it must try Resurgence, always. I was not able to get this working -consistently- using the + syntax.

2) Answer:

"DefaultAutoAttack 1 $$ ToggleDefaultAutoAttack $$ PowerTrayExec 1 3 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 10"

- Forces EB on and then off in m/s unnoticable. I was not able to -consistently- toggle it off, and ONLY off, otherwise.
- Executes Imbue if it can. If it can't, so beit.
- Executes a Resurgence or Critical Resurgence if Imbue was available.
- I'm alive, and angry... :mad: here comes big, big fist.

- Mr. Bruise

Archived Post
07-10-2010, 07:09 AM
I read most of this thread and I'm still trying to understand the clients behavior when it comes to travel powers. any insight you can provide is appreciated.

I'm looking for a way to turn off my travel power other than simply toggling it. i'm hoping to find a command like:

-PowerTrayExec 14
Or
PowerTrayExec 0 14

I'm not able to get either of these to work. The system simply ignores them.

I can turn the power off if it is on and on if it is off by using:

PowerTrayExec 1 14

but I'm really looking for a command that only turns it off. I don't want it to be turned on if I accidentally send the PowerTrayExec 1 14 to the client while the power is off.

Thanks for your help!
ND

Archived Post
07-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I was really liking that key too. I seemed to have it stop functioning around the June patch, was that my configuration or did everyone see that? (Repro steps: open bank window, right click in inventory to move a stack of items to the bank, the quantity dialog comes up asking how many to transfer, hit Insert and it transfers all without having to move the mouse over and click the ok button). Now hitting Insert doesn't appear to be doing anything.

I've seen a thread on binding a key to UIOK, but that doesn't seem to work here. I've also tried "/GenButtonClick Countslider_Okbutton " which will work from the chat box while the count dialog is open, but I can't seem to bind it to a key and have that key function while the dialog is open. Does anyone have any insight on this for me?
Thanks

Archived Post
07-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I read most of this thread and I'm still trying to understand the clients behavior when it comes to travel powers. any insight you can provide is appreciated.

I'm looking for a way to turn off my travel power other than simply toggling it. i'm hoping to find a command like:

-PowerTrayExec 14
Or
PowerTrayExec 0 14

I'm not able to get either of these to work. The system simply ignores them.

I can turn the power off if it is on and on if it is off by using:

PowerTrayExec 1 14

but I'm really looking for a command that only turns it off. I don't want it to be turned on if I accidentally send the PowerTrayExec 1 14 to the client while the power is off.

Thanks for your help!
ND

The two arguments that PowerTrayExec take are the state of the button being pressed and the tray index. The 1 or 0 that you use only indicates whether you're pressing the key down or now; 1 means the key is pessed down, 0 means it's no longer being pressed (this is how charged and maintained powers can tell when you press or let go of the key). Sending the command PowerTrayExec 0 14 just says you let go of the travel key, not that you want to stop it. As far as I know we don't have a command for that. Sorry :(

I was really liking that key too. I seemed to have it stop functioning around the June patch, was that my configuration or did everyone see that? (Repro steps: open bank window, right click in inventory to move a stack of items to the bank, the quantity dialog comes up asking how many to transfer, hit Insert and it transfers all without having to move the mouse over and click the ok button). Now hitting Insert doesn't appear to be doing anything.

I've seen a thread on binding a key to UIOK, but that doesn't seem to work here. I've also tried "/GenButtonClick Countslider_Okbutton " which will work from the chat box while the count dialog is open, but I can't seem to bind it to a key and have that key function while the dialog is open. Does anyone have any insight on this for me?
Thanks

I don't remember anyone explicitly removing it, I can look into it next time I get a chance.

Archived Post
07-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't remember anyone explicitly removing it, I can look into it next time I get a chance.

This is the same thing that I reported to you a week or so back.

It's only been happening since the SL patch.

Basically the active cursor used to default to the ok button, so if you hit Insert it would select ok, now it defaults to the numerical selection category, thus Insert or UIOK can't do anything because it can't unselect the numerical value.
(@_@)

Archived Post
07-16-2010, 04:12 AM
I've set up files with these commands and gotten it all to work after a fashion, but there's one serious headache I can't seem to solve. When I hit 'T' to activate my travel power (flight, in my case) it charges up to max, always. This is problematic as sometimes I want to get into flight mode quickly and not have to wait for a full charge.

If I understand things correctly the '+" in front of '+PowerSlotExec' should allow me to tap or charge, but it doesn't seem to -- it always charges to full even if I just tap. Am I misunderstanding how the command should work, or what? Is '+PowerSlotExec 14' really just the same as 'PowerSlotExec 1 14' and I'm misunderstanding how the '+' is supposed to work?

Oh, and does anyone know what the cooldown on costume swaps is exactly? Seems like around 10 sec, but I'm not entirely sure and the cooldown doesn't seem to be displayed anywhere. To be honest I can't even figure out why there is a cooldown on costume swaps in the first place.

Did anyone find a solution to this?? I have the same issue and can't make it work apart from fully charging with tapping the key.

Archived Post
07-17-2010, 11:39 AM
this worked for me

/bind p "+powertrayexec 14$$+setactivecostume 1"

didn't forcer full charge.

Archived Post
07-18-2010, 11:03 AM
this worked for me

Now that you mention setting costumes combined with power animations... I am trying to do the same but with emotes instead like

/bind v "emote shock $$ setactivecostume 2"

but that won't work at all .. I even tried to set the same stance "heroic" and mood "angry" on both costumes.. no luck.

does anyone know of a solution for this??

Archived Post
07-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I've seen a lot of reports regarding lunge and pounce failing to move your character to the target, even though it does do the damage and other effects.

But then CaptainFabulous mentioned (http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1626073#post1626073) that it was much more likely to fail when your energy builder is active, so I did a little research in this and other threads and came up with this bind command.

/bind 2 "defaultautoattack 0 $$ +PowerTrayExec 1 $$ defaultautoattack 1"

I have my pounce/lunge in the slot activated by pressing "2". Therefore I've bound to that key. It disables the EB, taps the power in slot 2, then reenables the EB.

Activation can produce the following side-effects:
1. Automatically enables EB if it is off, when used on a valid target.
2. Turns off the EB, if you don't have a valid target.

After several hours of testing in PvE (Catastrophe (http://www.champions-online.com/character_profiles/3003864/biography)) and Zombie Apoc (Black Amber (http://www.champions-online.com/character_profiles/3016957/biography)), I think it has improved the reliablilty of my pounces. It'll still fail, but in my opinion, not quite as often as before.

Regards,

V.

Archived Post
07-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Genius!
Thank you for that combo. trying out now...

Archived Post
07-20-2010, 11:14 AM
I've seen a lot of reports regarding lunge and pounce failing to move your character to the target, even though it does do the damage and other effects.

But then CaptainFabulous mentioned (http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1626073#post1626073) that it was much more likely to fail when your energy builder is active, so I did a little research in this and other threads and came up with this bind command.

I have my pounce/lunge in the slot activated by pressing "2". Therefore I've bound to that key. It disables the EB, taps the power in slot 2, then reenables the EB.

Activation can produce the following side-effects:
1. Automatically enables EB if it is off, when used on a valid target.
2. Turns off the EB, if you don't have a valid target.

After several hours of testing in PvE (Catastrophe (http://www.champions-online.com/character_profiles/3003864/biography)) and Zombie Apoc (Black Amber (http://www.champions-online.com/character_profiles/3016957/biography)), I think it has improved the reliablilty of my pounces. It'll still fail, but in my opinion, not quite as often as before.

Regards,

V.

I'll have to try this out :D

Archived Post
07-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Now that you mention setting costumes combined with power animations... I am trying to do the same but with emotes instead like

/bind v "emote shock $$ setactivecostume 2"

but that won't work at all .. I even tried to set the same stance "heroic" and mood "angry" on both costumes.. no luck.

does anyone know of a solution for this??

Off the top of my head I'd say I don't believe it can be done because the system won't wait for the emote to finish before triggering the costume change. Most power animations can't be broken by another action, but emotes can be.

I stopped trying to wrestle with the game's inflexible parser system and use AutoHotkey. It makes it very easily to do these seemingly simple things that the parser should be able to do but can't, mostly because there is no delay feature. Or, in my case, a bind that *should* work (as confirmed by Lexeme), but doesn't due to latency.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I AM NOT using it to gain an unfair advantage in any way shape or form.

Archived Post
07-28-2010, 10:59 AM
And before anyone jumps down my throat, I AM NOT using it to gain an unfair advantage in any way shape or form.

I beg to differ. You are clearly able to change out your super-undies much easier than I. If that isn't an unfair advantage, I don't know what is.

Archived Post
07-28-2010, 11:04 AM
this worked for me

Forget what this post said before (expressing my genuine disbelief) ... I went in and tested it myself.

And I was frankly surprised to find that this command works ... exactly as advertised. I'm surprised because the accepted parameters for the SetActiveCostume command: SetActiveCostume <integer> <costume slot>. The integer variable most often given as '0', but testing demonstrates that '1' and '2' also work. It would appear that the command line as given allows for using the leading '+' parameter in place of the <integer> variable ... which is consistent with how many other commands work.

One quirk with this command, as given, is that it will generate a "you cannot change costumes again yet" error. No big deal, just a minor annoyance and one that can be eliminated by altering the command line slightly:

/bind p "+PowerTrayExec 14$$SetActiveCostume 1"

All I did was drop the second '+' before the SetActiveCostume command. Using the '+' to open the command will, in many circumstances (maybe always), eliminate the need for using it elsewhere.

Good work, Sno ... I learned something today.

Archived Post
08-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Sorry I have only read 11 or 12 first pages of the post so far and I didnt see it, but is there a target nearest enemy player command, would really help in zombie since tab is so horrible

Archived Post
08-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Sorry I have only read 11 or 12 first pages of the post so far and I didnt see it, but is there a target nearest enemy player command, would really help in zombie since tab is so horrible

/targetenemynear

Archived Post
08-09-2010, 01:54 AM
For my latest toon Tormented (http://www.champions-online.com/character_profiles/3098475/biography) I had some problems getting the Pounce to be reliable, even with the EB toggling bind I posted a above.
She's a flyer and I know that flying makes pounce/lunge/leap even more unreliable, so I started looking for ways that would reliably detoggle the travel power, without turning it on, if it was off.

What I came up with is this semi-hack, which works because there's a cooldown on travel powers after you turn it off, but not when you turn it on. I think I've seen someone else post this, too, but couldn't find it.

/bind 2 "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ +PowerTrayExec 14 $$ defaultautoattack 0 $$ +PowerTrayExec 1 $$ defaultautoattack 1"

If your travel power is on, the first +PowerTrayExec 14 will turn it off, the second one will fail to turn it back on, because off the cooldown.
If your travel power is off, the first +PowerTrayExec 14 will turn it on, but it will be turned off again immediately again by the second one. You don't even notice it.

I've used this for 3 days now, and I've only had it fail on me twice. And both cases could have been caused by objects between me and the target.

Note: It is very useful for melee and pbaoe based toons with Flight, but probably less so for other travel powers, and I don't think I'd use this for a toon with Acrobatics or Jump, myself.

Costume Changes?
I think this could also be used in the Land command for the costume change binds. That way it'll never toggle the travel power on, when using the Land bind.

Hope it helps,

V.

Archived Post
08-09-2010, 02:15 AM
Apologies if this has already come up but this thread has become very long! :)

I use this to heal:
/bind F1 "+down1 $$ TargetTeammate 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 13"

But I've made a new hero who uses Celestial heals and it doesn't seem to work for her. I assume it is because of the dual nature of Celestial and that that is somehow tripping it up.

Can anyone help me out, please?

Edit: FIXED

Archived Post
08-09-2010, 04:23 AM
/targetenemynear
But does this target only the nearest enemy player or just the nearest enemy in ZA?

Archived Post
08-09-2010, 03:19 PM
But does this target only the nearest enemy player or just the nearest enemy in ZA?

What is ZA?

Archived Post
08-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Zombie Apocaypse. It is a nightmare to try and target Hero zombies. Just wondered if there was a way to bind and target specificaly them, and differnciate them from the pvp zombies.

Archived Post
08-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Zombie Apocaypse. It is a nightmare to try and target Hero zombies. Just wondered if there was a way to bind and target specificaly them, and differnciate them from the pvp zombies.

That I don't know. /targetenemynear will target any critter that you can attack, so I doubt it will make a distinction between NPC critters and other players.

Archived Post
08-29-2010, 08:38 AM
I tried to link multiple powers with this command line:

/bind 5 "+PowerTrayExec 8 $$ +PowerTrayExec 9 $$ +PowerTrayExec 10 $$ +PowerTrayExec 11 $$ +PowerTrayExec 12"

But only the first and last powers activate.
The first four powers should be as taps and the last one must be fully charged.

Anyone know a better way to put this?

Archived Post
09-03-2010, 10:05 PM

/bind 5 "+PowerTrayExec 8 $$ +PowerTrayExec 9 $$ +PowerTrayExec 10 $$ +PowerTrayExec 11 $$ +PowerTrayExec 12"

I think you are getting that because the 1st power in your list is a tap and the last is a charge. If you put '+down1$$' before the rest of what you got, it should eliminate the charge on the last power. You will not be able to have 1 button press fire off all those powers in sequence, however, as that is contrary to the envisioned play style the devs have for the game. They want it to be a constant interaction, not a "press 1 button and have it do everything for me" setup...

EDIT:
You could read up on using a text file to reassign what power the single key triggers, so that successive taps of a key trigger different powers, though, if that's what you were going for...

Archived Post
09-04-2010, 07:39 AM

Actually I was under the impression he devs made it so that a single keybind could ONLY activate two powers at the maximum, including turning one power on and off (such as a travel power).

Archived Post
09-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Ahh that's a shame :(

In that case I got one keybind I would like, namely I hate to constantly click on Bountiful Chi Resurgence and most of the time I forget to use it and it just stands there in my powerslot.

I want BCR to activate each time I use my Dragon's Wrath.

Now I have BCR in slot 9 and DW on slot 1

Or if possible to have it activate on it self whenever possible or some such.

Archived Post
09-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Is there a /slash command to change "Facial Expressions"?
I've got two different costumes i want different ones for but the settings aren't costume specific they're global.
So i need a way to change them on a keybind, not at the tailor or on the drop down portrait menu.

Archived Post
09-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Ahh that's a shame :(

In that case I got one keybind I would like, namely I hate to constantly click on Bountiful Chi Resurgence and most of the time I forget to use it and it just stands there in my powerslot.

I want BCR to activate each time I use my Dragon's Wrath.

Now I have BCR in slot 9 and DW on slot 1

Or if possible to have it activate on it self whenever possible or some such.

/bind <input> "+PowerTrayExec <slot #> $$ +PowerTrayExec <slot #>"

Use this from the front page to determine the slot #, 16 being block and 14 and 15 being your travel powers:

| 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 15 |
| 16 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 14 |

So as an example, I have an attack in slots 2 and 3 and I want to use both everytime I press R:

/bind R "+PowerTrayExec 1 $$ +PowerTrayExec 2"
Remember that its not 2 and 3 in the bind because the bind uses total power numbers rather than the ui's active power numbers.

Archived Post
09-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Is there a /slash command to change "Facial Expressions"?
I've got two different costumes i want different ones for but the settings aren't costume specific they're global.
So i need a way to change them on a keybind, not at the tailor or on the drop down portrait menu.

Can't you set a different facial expression under the "mood" section of the costume creator in the tailor, with each only affecting that specific costume you set it on? I know it works that way for the stance you chose...

Archived Post
09-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Can't you set a different facial expression under the "mood" section of the costume creator in the tailor, with each only affecting that specific costume you set it on? I know it works that way for the stance you chose...
Stance yes, mood no :mad:
Apparently, since "mood" is alterable outside the tailor, it's character specific not costume specific :rolleyes:

Archived Post
09-05-2010, 04:29 AM
Exactly on the Avatar right click brings up the change mood option.[s]

Archived Post
09-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Exactly on the Avatar right click brings up the change mood option.[s]
I got that.
I'm looking for a /slash command so i can set it in a keybind :cool:

Archived Post
09-11-2010, 12:30 PM
I got that.

Didn't see one in the list: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List

Archived Post
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Didn't see one in the list: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List
Nope :mad:

Archived Post
09-11-2010, 08:13 PM
I got that.

/changemood