PDA

View Full Version : Conflagration utterly useless?

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 06:10 PM
is the 3 second delay before the damage occurs an intended change? I understand its normally a little overpowered but to nerf it to uselessness. Started casting it on someone in pvp, this person was blocking and before it had time to tick once on him he had moved out of the range. Something just doesn't seem right with this and i have no way of altering my skill set when it costs 400 gold for a full retcon at 40.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 06:50 PM
It's a bug from the last patch, also sometimes it's aoe and sometimes it's single target. I hear if you have the burning rain advantage you don't get the bugged version, so they must have broken it when they made it not follow the target anymore.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 06:52 PM
FAIL bugfix, cryptic!

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah I just shelved my fire toon after finding this and will just play something else until this bug is fixed. It wouldn't be such an issue if conflag wasn't the only redeeming power left in fire.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 07:38 PM
hooray, now both of my characters are broken in PVP. My Might character was garbage and now so is my Fire character. Without the ability to remove travel power, people just teleport away from me and regen indefinitely. It's a shame, because this game has a lot of potential. But so far, the development team has done a garbage job.

I feel like I'm playing Star Wars Galaxies with this ****** balance.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 08:24 PM
There is a reason I never pvp .

I'm annoyed this got through testing and released. It seems to me they never adequately test their patches. Every patch their are a number of bugs that are readily apparent and bugged on the test server.

At least Conflag damages properly with the burning rain advantage. Though it doesn't track at all.

Did noone in QA actually try the power out? Its pretty readily apparent.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
It's not totally useless, because it still does insane dmg post UA fireball... if it goes off at all before you are out of end, but it IS completely broken/bugged. Most frustrating day today. Going to put burning rain back on it and see if that fixes it. I still can't believe they nerf a power severely and then let a broken version of it go to live. Shows they don't give a rat about annoying their customers.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Conflag was bugged not nerfed. a nerf is a reduction in it's abillity. in fact it was more of a buff if you read. reduced energy cost. they did not reduce it's power so saying it is severely nerfed is a massive overstatment. Burning rain was useless before and it is still useless except for the fact it makes the power unbugged. but that is my opinion because Conflag was the coup de grace (sp) of my combo so no one really escaped it because the damage it did was too much in too short of time to react.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
The conflag bug is very annoying, but for my particular low END build the flashfire bug is even worst. It dissapears, does not apply clingling flames, and sometimes won't even cast...just a snap of the fingers and the cooldown timer starts.

With my bare minimum END for maintains and reliance on thermal reverb, my char is now near uselss and constantly runs out of end.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 10:02 PM
is the 3 second delay before the damage occurs an intended change? I understand its normally a little overpowered but to nerf it to uselessness. Started casting it on someone in pvp, this person was blocking and before it had time to tick once on him he had moved out of the range. Something just doesn't seem right with this and i have no way of altering my skill set when it costs 400 gold for a full retcon at 40.

Have you tried Attack Toy? Now THAT'S useless.

Sounds like this power is just bugged now. Attack Toy is bugged too. If you clone more than one, the 2nd clone overwrites the first. That is one utterly useless power.

I started this game as Attack Toy user and nothing else seems to be utterly useless. In your case, it's just not as overpowering I guess.

Archived Post
10-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Conflagration utterly useless?

Yes.

Didn't you get the memo? They've decided that we are not supposed to spec in Fire or Ice anymore. Hope you still have a free retcon available.

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Conflag was bugged not nerfed. a nerf is a reduction in it's abillity. in fact it was more of a buff if you read. reduced energy cost. they did not reduce it's power so saying it is severely nerfed is a massive overstatment. Burning rain was useless before and it is still useless except for the fact it makes the power unbugged. but that is my opinion because Conflag was the coup de grace (sp) of my combo so no one really escaped it because the damage it did was too much in too short of time to react.

Rethink your semantics please. Removal of Burning Rain as a flight removal tool was a NERF, not a bugfix, and a very significant nerf. Carry on.

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh, ffs. Every single power I take an interest in turns out to be either broken, worthless, or so OP that it's due a nerfing. I'd be fine with the last if it wasn't too often an over-nerfing.

Did we ever get an explanation for beating the MA powers into worthlessness?

Archived Post
10-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I agree that this was a terrible nerf for Conflag because it is one of the VERY VERY few moves in PVP that can deal with teleport. That is a big deal. The reason they gave for eliminating the effect of burning rain to eliminate travel powers was that there are so many other moves that can deal with travel powers. LIKE WHAT?!?!? Thunderbolt lunge, that move from archery (which is trash), the might ground pound, and CONFLAG (formerly now of course)

In particular what can deal with teleport? Well thunderbolt lunge and the ground pound dont stop teleporters ( I am a teleporter and I have used both these moves). That leaves CONFLAG and that move from archery. I am not really sure about the archery move, but my friend who played archery says its garbage. So now there is only conflag as a viable way to fight teleporters, but they nerfed it cause it was BROKEN?!?!?

Well that is a debate that we can have, as to whether or not conflag is broken. However, I would like to know in particular why they thought this move (and TK shield, while its a good move everyone in pvp is sporting crippling challenge so does it really make a difference) was so high on the priority list.

Other fixes that should have come first:
1. KNOCK BACK RESIST (for the love of GOD, please) - I can be perma knock backed by a shotgun player and have a rough time with a force player because I cant stand up. Also the knock ups and downs like in shadow embrace in darkness make me wonder why knock back is the only CC that you cant build up a resistance to. Can I perma ego hold you? No. DUMB.
2. SCYTHING BLADE - swallow tail cut - Taking away 5 percent of my life per swing, perfectly spammable, gives a dot, and finishes you off below 20 percent. Enough said.
3. SHADOW EMBRACE (another move I use) - This move I think can be fixed without a terrible nerf. If Knock Up Down Back Whatever resist was in place this should be much more balanced. Currently, though, this move has so many abilities attached to it, this move is ridiculous. Knock up 5 ft (so basically a knock down), pulls you in closer to the attacker, fears you, and does around 100 damage a tick. Wow, its a great move, how are you supposed to get out of it? (teleport) Actually, it can suck you back in even if you are in teleport, but a good tele player will know when the need to get out and you can with teleport if you know what your doing.
4. GAUNTLET CHAINSAW - It does just an unbelievable amount of damage, especially for the energy cost. If you run into one of these players you better hope your teleport cool down is up. If you are conflaged, by the way, your gonna die, o wait thats right CONFLAG SUCKS NOW. Never mind. I still think this move should do a significant amount of damage because it is single target, but a SLIGHT damage decrease is needed for sure. This will tear up anyone without invuln in a heart beat.
5. LASH/METEOR HAMMER - with enrage, you cant even get up to fight back, you will be perma knock backed. Unfortunately you can't even teleport out of that.
6. CONCUSSOR BEAM - Actually I dont necessarily think this needs to be nerfed seeings how its one of a few good moves in power armor, but It certainly does a ton of damage for how much it slows you down. Maybe it will become a DoT like Conflag now and not slow you down. I just brought this up because I think this move is definitely comparable and debatable as to whether or not it is better than conflag.

And I wont get into all the things that need to be buffed, but how on earth did nerfing conflag come before all of that? or even TK shield? (as I said just about everyone in PVP has crippling challenge, which makes it not broken)

This last patch was just awful. Over all I think they have been moving in the right direction, but this last patch seems to be a step backwards.

Thanks for reading.