PDA

View Full Version : Concise Travel Power questions.

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 05:16 AM
After doing some superficial research and minor play testing I have come to the conclusion that Teleportation and Tunneling would be the most effective TPs for a character that involves itself in any PvP. I have two questions that I would like the community to help me answer.

1. Is any character ever, EVER, better off taking anything OTHER then Teleport/Tunneling in PvP?

2. Is there any situation where, say, you are being destroyed WITH Teleport/Tunneling that any OTHER travel power would/might have saved you?

Thank you.

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 05:17 AM
No, Teleport and Tunnelling are the 2 best PvP travel powers. Period.

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Flight powers could help you take down melee heroes easily considering you're ranged, but it still doesn't compare to those two

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 05:25 AM
well for melee arguably any of the +speed powers specifically Acrobatics and Superspeed can help you keep an edge over someone that moves slowly because they only have an escape travel power.
Now the problem is this edge in speed is only good if your winning and then they port and there is nothing you can do about it after that.

Fly allows you to sit out of reach and there are places like the top of the cage, which admitedly can be reached with teleport but the moment they attack you they have a 10 second cooldown and if you have a knockback just shoot them off the cage and your safe for another few seconds.

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 05:28 AM
well for melee arguably any of the +speed powers specifically Acrobatics and Superspeed can help you keep an edge over someone that moves slowly because they only have an escape travel power.
Now the problem is this edge in speed is only good if your winning and then they port and there is nothing you can do about it after that.

Fly allows you to sit out of reach and there are places like the top of the cage, which admitedly can be reached with teleport but the moment they attack you they have a 10 second cooldown and if you have a knockback just shoot them off the cage and your safe for another few seconds.

If I was making a PvP centric guy I would never take anything besides Teleport for my first travel power. I would take a "flight" type power for my second skill though.

But Teleport is THE BEST PvP travel power. Period. Anyone who argues otherwise hasnt done enough PvP to realize it yet. Yes, acrobatics and speed will help you, but not as much as teleport. All travel powers help you in PvP, but none help as much as teleport.

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Thank you for the succinct responses so far.

I would, however, like more feedback on my second question. To repeat:

2. Is there any situation where, say, you are being destroyed WITH Teleport/Tunneling that any OTHER travel power would/might have saved you?

Thank you once more.

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 06:03 AM
TP and Tunneling both are meh for finishing people.

If you're melee you'll need SS or Acro. If you're ranged TP/Tunneling, superior protection to the other travels. For a ranged char it's a bit easier just to stand around the action dealing DPS without the need to constantly be on the move. But pretty much anyone can run away from you just as easily as you can get away from them.

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 06:13 AM
If I was making a PvP centric guy I would never take anything besides Teleport for my first travel power. I would take a "flight" type power for my second skill though.

But Teleport is THE BEST PvP travel power. Period. Anyone who argues otherwise hasnt done enough PvP to realize it yet. Yes, acrobatics and speed will help you, but not as much as teleport. All travel powers help you in PvP, but none help as much as teleport.

Hooray, but wasn't his post actually about the second question (How other travel powers might be used against TP/Tunnelling)?

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Hooray, but wasn't his post actually about the second question (How other travel powers might be used against TP/Tunnelling)?

Sorry, you are correct.

Teleport and Tunnelling are strictly for movement and running. They provide very little in terms of making your character "stronger". They just allow you to run before you die, or get in position for a good attack.

Other travel power provide actual benefits in terms of making your stronger offensively. Acrobatics, being able to fly to spots where you cant be reached etc.

Archived Post
10-07-2009, 07:04 AM
yes after the 20's and u get into like bash free for all flight has many adavatages over tpers in some moments.. theres no cage its a big city u can fly 100 plus above everyhting spamming ur best spell.

tp has another advatage tho, its instant to top speed . so if im a flier i catch u make u tp i have the stuff with high perc lets me see u chase u. i cant im at start off speed and u are already at full speed so we arnt equal. right there is the number 2 advantage which makes it a broken spell. if they started off same speed as others id catch them and kill them.
one good bonus is enogh for an op spell 2 makes it broken fer sure