PDA

View Full Version : List your Costume Bugs here!

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 12:30 PM
As I've been playing over the past month I have noticed a number of costume bugs that need to be addressed. I figured that since I could find no such threads I would start a thread specifically for listing bugs with the costume system that need to be addressed.

1. Clipping.

A number of costume parts for Arm Accessories, Mouth Accessories, Shoulders, Back and most especially capes clip very badly even during the simple standing around animations unless the sliders are set to exact positions to work with them. Prime examples for these categories are the Wrapped Scarf under Mouth Accessories (clips on sides showing the jaw beneath whenever the head turns), the Tied Armbands for Arm Accessories (the straps on the right arm clip into the arm) and the Sleek Armor for Shoulders (clips horribly into the back of the shoulders on male models).

2. Coloration differences.

The same parts are colored differently from category to category even though they are the same selections. Cat Eyes, for example, have a more solid coloration (especially when set to glow) when chosen for the Standard heads than they do with the Hooded or Half Helmet categories. Other pieces will use different color slots to color one part of a pattern for say the Chest than they do for the Legs with the same pattern. These should all use the same color slots to color the pattern for consistency.

3. Lack of options.

Many options that are available for one category are not available for another, even though they don't seem to be big enough to cause clipping issues. Prime example is several of the Mouth Accessories that are not available for the Hooded category. Selections such as the various gas masks and the Wrapped Scarf seem like they would look great with a hood. But alas they are simply not available.

Also, availability of many options allowed for females but not male or males but not females should be looked at and ported over if possible and appropriate. Things such as the Two Fingered hands and Two Toed feet available for males and the Three Fingered Claws and the Alien Clawed glove for females don't seem to have any reason for being limited to one sex or the other. They should be made available to both.

I'd also like to see gloved and tights versions of the Two Fingered and Two Toed options as well. Having them only be skin tone really hinders their usability.

If anyone else notices such bugs or problems with costumes or the costume editor please post them here. Maybe this thread will help the devs track and fix the problems with the system.

Thank you for your time.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Dragon fins on the female serpent head, but not the male. It is the same head which is weird.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 01:21 PM
<points to thread of Buggy Boobs(TM)> LINKYCLICKCLICK (http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=74173)

Need I say more?

Archived Post
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Any more costume bugs anyone? Post em! Post em! Post em here!

Like, anyone wanna mention the severe clipping for Capes and Trench Coats the moment you change into them?

Or the Diffuse patterns that don't work on some of the parts they appear to be available for?

Well, I guess I just mentioned them, so you don't have to. Seriously though, post those bugs so we can get them looked at.

:cool:

Archived Post
10-05-2009, 10:49 AM
This looks more like a summation of issues than a list of specifics.

You mentioned the capes/trenchcoats yourself. I'll also add that Biker Vest from Chest Wear clips through my character's backside during flight and other animations. And last but not least... capes for Chest Wear already!!

Archived Post
10-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Sometimes my cape disappears. Usually can be fixed by changing costumes.

Also happens in the Costume Editor (tailor) when I'm choosing options and the cape would stutter about like it's shaking then poof, it's gone.

Archived Post
10-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Sometimes (like today) I have spent over 1h fixing a costume till I was happy with it, and when I pressed 'Purchased' I get taken back to the costume selection screen as intended. But then my costume havent changed a bit! Like the original costume that I had before I started re-making it is there!

Wich is kinda annoying when u spend alot of hours trying to make it just right, just to have it all taken away from you.. so remember kids, save before purchase!

Archived Post
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I need to get a screenshot of my character's supergroup costume when I get home from work. The back of the cape billows up like it's expecting a bigger back/chest depth and the fox tail clips right through the bottom like its growing out of the cape than the body.

Archived Post
10-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Here's what I'm talking about.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s353/NetNoTabibito/capeclip.jpg