PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated Metabolism

Archived Post
10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Is Accelerated Metabolism in general worth it? Does the energy you get from a power with accel metab scale with the time it takes to use? Or should you just put it on your energy builder that goes 3 times a second? How does this work?

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure its worth the effort at all.
I am creating a char though I want to try it out on, so next time I get to rank up advantags I will try to try it out on various powers to see what it does.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 08:32 AM
I would only use it on a maintain power which you use a ton. Shadow's embrace, conflag, concussor etc... High cost 5 second maintains which are core powers to most people who use them. I wouldn't make it a priority but if you got the extra point why not.

Adding it to say sniper rifle not such a good idea.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Is Accelerated Metabolism in general worth it? Does the energy you get from a power with accel metab scale with the time it takes to use? Or should you just put it on your energy builder that goes 3 times a second? How does this work?

Adding it to an Energy Building I think it a wast of an Advantage point. But I would take AM advantages on which can be maintained or spammed quickly (short activation and no cool down). Two Gun Mojo and Shotgun Blast are perfect examples.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 01:34 PM
It'd probably work better with a high REC, or with spammable powers like Shotgun Blast. But I've really never noticed enough of a boost from it to be worthwhile, especially when there are so many better uses of advantage points. Maybe it needs a buff?

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 01:45 PM
It'd probably work better with a high REC, or with spammable powers like Shotgun Blast. But I've really never noticed enough of a boost from it to be worthwhile, especially when there are so many better uses of advantage points. Maybe it needs a buff?

It's pretty useful in spammable powers as the man said. In my chaingun it gets me another tick of shooting. When I had a shotgun spammer it would get anohter couple of shots. Not for every power by any means but it's ideal in ones you use a lot in most fights.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
The tooltip says something like "Enables energy return for 16 seconds"...Does this mean that it will not proc again during that 16 seconds? Because I had it on a couple of powers and it would only go off very rarely.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I usually find my advantage points better spent elsewhere as it's very erratic in when it procs. If you happen to have spare points then sure, go for it, but for the most part I don't think it's worth the effort.

Basically the only situation where I might consider it is after picking 1 or 3 point advantage for another power (so you have basically left over point) and even then I'd add it either to energy builder or maintained power. I prefer adding that extra point to travel powers though.

Edit: for the record the only reason why I'd add it into maintained/energy builder power over charge/tap power is because it's almost guaranteed to proc once. The global timer still prevents further procs.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 01:52 PM
If you have extra points, use it on powers that are used often and are tap/click activations.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 01:54 PM
The tooltip says something like "Enables energy return for 16 seconds"...Does this mean that it will not proc again during that 16 seconds? Because I had it on a couple of powers and it would only go off very rarely.

As far as I know it means exactly that.

Archived Post
10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
AM is a statistically balanced endurance effect in an unbalanced, bursty world. The return is fairly reasonable in the right context, but with so many wildly more potent effects out there, it's hard to justify.