PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Bite changed, why?

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
First of all i'm not talking about the advantage cull of the weak i wanted to know why dragon bite was changed from a single hit to these double hit thing, since the patch today i have noticed a clear change in the amount of damage Dragon bite does. My dragon bite rank 3 would hit for a minium of 1.2k on a lvl 39 (36 current lvl) and crit up to 1.9k, and would crit about 3 out of every 5 times. This new dragon bite hits a lvl 30 in the powerhouse for less then 1.2k and crits for a maxium of two 700 damge hits for a total of 1.4k dmg, this is a clear nerf in the amount of damage it has been providing for me. Not to mention that in a trial of 50 dragons bite it only crit 7 times. This new dragon bite is much weaker when before it was my main attack that i could one shot any henceman with.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Seriously? More nerfs for single target melee powers?

Awesome. This is exactly what everyone has been asking for. Good job, Cryptic!

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 04:38 PM
It's not mentioned in the patch notes. Consider it might be a bug before you go off on a whiny rant.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 04:40 PM
im not whining im just stating the facts when i tested the ability and recorded the numbers.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I spotted this in the patch notes, and it did occur to me that this was an indirect nerf as any flat damage reduction will, in effect, be applied twice to an attack.

Its hard not to ridicule the person[team?] in charge of MA design, and balance, when we are constantly being supplied with ammunition.

Edit - to be mildly more positive

At the moment its really only an "aesthetic" change as the entire set[s] need a revamp.