PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis Power Sets

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Just curious, power sets did you guys choose for your nemesis, and why? And also, what power sets do you think make the most challenging fights?

I only hit 25 yesterday, and was really happy to finally design my nemesis. Since my main is a half demon/half robot, I felt the need to make a half angel/half robot nemesis. I debated holding off on making her until the celestial powers were in game, but i couldn't wait, so I made her supernatural instead.

I'm a duel blades/ darkness character (and of course I picked up regen, since I couldnt seem to stay alive without). When I went to the first encounter with her I was amazed at how much health she was regenerating while I was fighting her. She killed me, but luckily one of the npc bodyguards in the museum kept her busy long enough for me to get back before she reset.

I'm wondering just how bad it's going to be fighting a nemesis that regenerates, since most likely they're coded to be tough even without regen.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Custom Framework. . . if only.

First was Might - you're not a big stone beast-man if you're not hucking rocks and punching like a truck.

BTW, minions + Super Strength = LOT'S O' ROCK CHUCKIN'!

Funny, annoying, trivial, and terrifying all at the same time.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 09:20 AM
I have locked up 2 Nemesis so far and started my Third last night.

1h Sword - Nothing special hardly noticed him even doing moves when he attacked me
Dark Magic - Nothing much here... does a CC hold at times to you then also Life Drains a bit
Might - Feels like a normal Villan mob that likes to try KB moves alot... to bad my str is a super stat:o

Overall I can say this.... the Nemesis content is fun.... however... you don't get to fight him very much. You will however fight MANY Sidekick Villans your Nemesis has hired along the way to stop you and destroy the world.

The last boss fight before you lock your Nemesis up is really fun... GO ROCKET HAWKS... im sorry about how Cryptic nurfed you .... you knew you were OP Rocket Hawks...:eek::D:eek:

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I have 4 characters that have Nemesis content unlocked but these are my mains who is on her third.

Devolis - Lightning (easily the hardest Nemesis I've had with him actually defeating me a few times)
Chokehold - Darkness (relatively easy despite being Darkness, just have to block the heal)
Miko - Fire (haven't had a chance to really come face to face with him yet)

Really like the entire system with the exception of the clue drop limittations. Having to destroy chairs every 6 hours to force clue drops because ambushes are so random really doesn't come off as the most fun. Fix that and add more Nemesis storylines as the game goes along and it really will be one of the most unique things in MMOs.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I gave my nemesis Gadgeteering and Power Armor. The reason being that my nemesis is a Gadgeteer like me and his minions are robots. Last time I fought him we were both dueling gauntlet chainsaws which was awesome. Sometimes the robots will have light swords which is kinda cool. Hate their knockback though.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I made my Nemesis Might and got very disapointed. He is not mighty at all. He's a little boy in a muscle suit that throws a rock every now and then.

VERY easy.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:07 AM
I made my Nemesis Might and got very disapointed. He is not mighty at all. He's a little boy in a muscle suit that throws a rock every now and then.

VERY easy.

Unfortunately I've found this a common trend regardless of framework in use. Some simply have (more) CC than the last which eventually amounts to little anyway.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:17 AM
So far my Main is still on His first Nemesis, who's just recently broken out of jail. I gave him the Darkness power set, because that power set fit close with what I had in mind for my Nemesis' power. He's proven to be some what easy at times, but I still have a blast fighting him. For his Minions I gave them Military weapons, being that they are thugs it didn't really seem to make sense to give them actual powers.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:24 AM
I picked gadgets. I just wanted an evil scientist as my enemy. Sadly she acts like a brawler, so it wasn't as challenging as I had hoped.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
If you want one that is pretty fun choose Munitions. My Nemesis had a Sidkick that was all Munitions and that sucker was WAY harder then my Nemesis.

FEAR ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!! FEAR IT!!!!!!!! /roar!:D

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I don't know if they nerfed it or what. My hero is might with invulnerability and BCR for healing and I rofflepwnt my nemesis the first time. I took robots with power armor and my nemesis had electricity. I mean I had to heal and block and all that but it wasn't that difficult.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Made the first one I created ice, since the hero was fire. I thought about my origin concept, figured out how to include the nemesis, and went with it. Minions were super-strength demons. I wish I had went a different direction with that.

The second nemesis is tied into a tighter origin story and is darkness, with dark magic undead minions.

If my robot gets going again (I have issues with invulnerability right now, and put the character on the shelf), then I am going with a gadgeteering villain and power armor robot minions.

My fourth character is going to have a supernatural nemesis, I think, with alien minions with undetermined powers (it all makes sense). I created them with telekinesis and force as their power base, and got them the head-start perks, but after that they have been sitting in the powerhouse waiting for the celestial framework to arrive. I will try it out, and then figure out where to go from there.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Custom Framework. . . if only.

I've actually made a thread asking for that in the Suggestions Box.

My nemesis has the Power Armor set, and his Robot Minions got munitions. My idea for my nemesis was that he wouldn't need minions, unfortunately, that wasn't an option either.

They're damn easy to beat.

I've helped a fellow SG member tackle his nemi minions though, they were Martial Arts Ninja guys and they were lots more fun.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 11:04 AM
wrong forum?

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Martial Arts minions (the ranged villain specifically) will blind you and then throw nets.

..or throw nets, then blind you, then throw more nets.

..a lot.

:p

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Nemesis Powersets:
Archery - very, very easy. A few status effects, but really quite a push-over.

Might - pretty easy: Knockback is tough on my Dex/Ego character, but still a piece of cake to fight by way of blocking his big attacks and otherwise keeping my distance.

Henchmen powersets:

Martial Arts - Ranged henchmen are a pain: throwing nets to hold me, placating me through dust. Fun fights, though. And the Javelins, swords and ninja nets work great once I mentally re-imagined them as harpoons, cutlasses and fishing nets with my Pirate theme :D

Modern Weaponry - Laser Rifles and combat knives. Very easy indeed.