PDA

View Full Version : Hotsleep Fists

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 06:26 AM
I found an item called "Hotsleep Fists" in a box which required a mysticism skill of 390+ to open inside the "Stronghold" prison in the desert, at the end of the items description it says "1 of a 3 piece set", i was just wondering if anyone knew what the other 2 parts are called and where they can be found.

Thanks in advance,

~Phreak.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Do these unlock the costume part for those cool rounded shackle-like things you see on some prisoners and the VIPER Psionic Pummelers? I've been looking all over for those. I'm guessing the others can be found elsewhere in Stronghold, but as you can probably tell, I haven't seen any of them so far.

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I found an item called "Hotsleep Fists" in a box which required a mysticism skill of 390+ to open inside the "Stronghold" prison in the desert, at the end of the items description it says "1 of a 3 piece set", i was just wondering if anyone knew what the other 2 parts are called and where they can be found.

Thanks in advance,

~Phreak.

Its Mysticism 290...you can't reach 300 plus until lvl 31 and strong hold is a mid 20s item. Item drops out of craft nodes in dungeons are rare so...I'd just keep going back and hitting the box still you got the other ones since its related to that box thats where the other 2 will likely be found since Hot Sleep is related to the Hot Sleep of Strong hold :)

btw they do not open costume pieces (to the other poster) Shackled wrist peices are availabe in the character creator..are the ones on the Pummelers different??

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Its Mysticism 290...you can't reach 300 plus until lvl 31 and strong hold is a mid 20s item. Item drops out of craft nodes in dungeons are rare so...I'd just keep going back and hitting the box still you got the other ones since its related to that box thats where the other 2 will likely be found since Hot Sleep is related to the Hot Sleep of Strong hold :)

btw they do not open costume pieces (to the other poster) Shackled wrist peices are availabe in the character creator..are the ones on the Pummelers different??

It's not a crafting node. I've seen the box he's talking about, but I couldn't open it being an Arms heathen, so I had to leave it there. It's just a normal-looking box, but when you interact with it, it says you need 290 or 260 mysticism, I forget which, to open the 'chest.'

And yeah, the ones on the Pummelers are very different. They encase the entire forearm, and the end is rounded. They've got chains hanging off the sides. The Techtinker has them too, and a bunch of other Stronghold inmates. I was afraid they wouldn't let us get those, since they keep you from using your hands for emotes, animations, etc...but why should that stop us?

Archived Post
09-30-2009, 10:46 AM
i tried doing that exact thing- going back to hit up the same box in hopes of finding the other pieces- and ended up with a few more pairs of Hotsleep Fists. not saying it isn't possible to get the other pieces out of that box, i just happened not to after a few tries. guess what i'm attempting to say is, i really don't know if you'll keep getting the Fists or not. after the the 3rd try, i was kinda done with Stronghold.

Archived Post
10-01-2009, 01:16 AM

Lol sorry, i must have been thinking of a different box thingy :rolleyes: i've been to the stronghold about 3 times so far, but all that box wants t give me are the fists, i'll keep trying though :p the strange thing is, although it came from a mystic box... it's a science item lol :D

Archived Post
10-28-2009, 03:11 PM
i tried doing that exact thing- going back to hit up the same box in hopes of finding the other pieces- and ended up with a few more pairs of Hotsleep Fists. not saying it isn't possible to get the other pieces out of that box, i just happened not to after a few tries. guess what i'm attempting to say is, i really don't know if you'll keep getting the Fists or not. after the the 3rd try, i was kinda done with Stronghold.

I've also gone to the box a few times and gotten Hotsleep Fists every time. I wonder where you get the other two pieces.

Anybody know?

Archived Post
10-30-2009, 03:47 AM
nothing to see here, move along.

Archived Post
10-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Would you have a picture of what this trinkets look like? I sure would like to take a peek...

Bind on Equip or on Pickup?

Archived Post
10-30-2009, 11:05 AM
BoE I think. I've got them, but an NPC dropped them for me a long long time ago when my main was in her 20s.

Archived Post
10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
its BoP moment i got them they were bound

Archived Post
10-31-2009, 03:31 AM
Just got 'em myself ... just had to go to the Stronghold and find them for myself. :D

Purple science item that was Bind On Pickup, no costume unlock (which I was hoping for) and from what I can tell I'm unsure if it's even any good to use. Then again, I'm kinda stupid when it comes to the 'stranger' items out there with odd replacers and weird stats.

Then again, it's somewhat nice to get a purple item even if I'll never use it... my second purple item EVER since I started this game. Too bad that I can pick it apart and take the rare components.

Archived Post
10-31-2009, 10:50 AM
If its a set of 3 the others might be in ARMS and SCIENCE lock-boxes in the instance. There is a SCIENCE chest in the hot sleep room that always gives me a rare Science crafting particle, but I've only been down that deep 3 times, so it might drop an item on occasion.

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 08:54 AM
If its a set of 3 the others might be in ARMS and SCIENCE lock-boxes in the instance. There is a SCIENCE chest in the hot sleep room that always gives me a rare Science crafting particle, but I've only been down that deep 3 times, so it might drop an item on occasion.

I've tried the Science one a couple times too, but only gotten the rare component. Plus, that doesn't seem like it would make sense unless the other two items were Bind On Equip.

In any case, I'm attaching a screenshot of the item.

Maybe the other two items will eventually be added as Mysticism crafted items?

Archived Post
11-01-2009, 01:45 PM
The funny thing about these Hotsleep fists is that you need Mysticism to loot them from the glowie box, but ti takes a Science skill to break it down into compnents -- which you can't do, since they're bound. Odd eh? So you have to vendor them.

Archived Post
11-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I found these on my level 26 toon yesterday, and was confused to see the "set" line in the description, since I've never seen that on any other upgrades that I've picked up. Looks like others have done some looking for the other parts of this set as well, and turned up empty handed. I wonder if this is maybe just a relic from a time they were planning on doing sets, and if the other parts are non-existent, or renamed and refiled as other upgrades. It would be interesting if it did, in fact, turn out to be a set, though.

Archived Post
11-02-2009, 09:49 AM
The funny thing about these Hotsleep fists is that you need Mysticism to loot them from the glowie box, but ti takes a Science skill to break it down into compnents -- which you can't do, since they're bound. Odd eh? So you have to vendor them.

My guess is they did that so you couldn't go down there and keep getting a reliable source of purples to break down.

Archived Post
11-02-2009, 12:15 PM
My guess is they did that so you couldn't go down there and keep getting a reliable source of purples to break down.

Well, not for yourself. I'm sure your alts would be happy to receive them from the postman though.

edit: I'm assuming this works, but I haven't tried to research or even send an item that is bound. I don't really know.

Archived Post
11-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Well, not for yourself. I'm sure your alts would be happy to receive them from the postman though.

edit: I'm assuming this works, but I haven't tried to research or even send an item that is bound. I don't really know.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work. The item is Bind On PIckup, which generally means you cannot mail, trade, auction, or otherwise give it to anyone else (even your alts). You can only use it on the hero you find it on or sell it to a vendor.

Archived Post
11-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Well this is crazy...where are the other two items? Nobody knows?

Archived Post
11-03-2009, 06:35 AM
I don't know about now, but during closed beta I picked up Hotsleep Helm twice as a drop off of Menton. It was a Bind on Equip primary utility item. I don't remember it's powers, except that I think it had some sort of Hold resistance.

Archived Post
11-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I don't know about now, but during closed beta I picked up Hotsleep Helm twice as a drop off of Menton. It was a Bind on Equip primary utility item. I don't remember it's powers, except that I think it had some sort of Hold resistance.

Thank you for that!

That makes sense, I guess. I'm going to try to go through there a bunch more times and see if I can get the other set pieces to drop from the named mobs.

Although, it's not like it lists any set bonuses...

Archived Post
11-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Well this is crazy...where are the other two items? Nobody knows?

Probably not even in game ... wouldn't be a single bit surprised if this is another of the forgotten parts of the game that never really made it in.

Archived Post
11-10-2009, 01:52 PM
After spending several hours exploring the stronghold prison I can only conclude that if the other two parts of this set exist they are either drops from foes within the prison or are found outside in the world. Someone says they found a part off menton Ive killed him several times now with no luck and will continue to but the time it takes to work through the floors can be annoying if only u could shortcut down somehow.

I have a theory that perhaps no other part exist or not the complete set as maybe they relized if only a mystic could aquire the gloves how unfair it would be for only one craft skill to give access to even on piece of good gear.

Btw For those who rool at the idea of using the fists as crafting mats this is what u would do. U would take the huge amoung of time to stockpile bags and bank full of hotsleep fists, then change your mystic craft to science after making as much mystic consumables as u could. Then super charge your science craft with your fists and get all thier what i imagine would be great mats,

Archived Post
11-10-2009, 02:15 PM
After spending several hours exploring the stronghold prison I can only conclude that if the other two parts of this set exist they are either drops from foes within the prison or are found outside in the world. Someone says they found a part off menton Ive killed him several times now with no luck and will continue to but the time it takes to work through the floors can be annoying if only u could shortcut down somehow.

I've also gone in there about four or five times with my level 35 and not yet found a drop of either of the other two pieces. In fact, Menton did not drop anything for me any of the times. Perhaps you can outlevel him giving you drops.

Archived Post
11-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I've also gone in there about four or five times with my level 35 and not yet found a drop of either of the other two pieces. In fact, Menton did not drop anything for me any of the times. Perhaps you can outlevel him giving you drops.

my most recent time in as a lvl 30 he dropped a blue as did the other super vil. nothing grat but i do beleive if they drop blues so freely a pruple from each might exist. however going down often is a pain in the ass. I know u dont out lvl drops but drop rates seem wildly random in the game.

Archived Post
11-28-2009, 02:02 AM
In the cell blocks there are a few broken robots that you can salvage parts from, if you are Arms. In the hot sleep area with Menton, there is a strange console that Science heroes can interact with. I kind of assumed that those had the other parts of the set. What do they have then? I'm Mysticism, so I couldn't grab either of them.

Archived Post
11-28-2009, 03:02 PM
In the cell blocks there are a few broken robots that you can salvage parts from, if you are Arms. In the hot sleep area with Menton, there is a strange console that Science heroes can interact with. I kind of assumed that those had the other parts of the set. What do they have then? I'm Mysticism, so I couldn't grab either of them.
If you have Arms, you can repair the robot and it will fight for you up till the elevator. If you have Science, you can harvest the console for Science components...nothing more.