PDA

View Full Version : Invulnerability and Cage Matches

Archived Post
09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
So I noticed something odd with Invulnerability in a Cage Match late lastnight. Seems when you are scaled up to level 20, your % damage resist and ignore damage changes in a very strange way. I am not sure, and need to test it out further.

Basically, I normally sit at 31% damage resist and 11 damage ignore with my current gear/stats/level. However, upon entering the cage match it changed to 25% damage resist and 18 damage ignore. Now, it seems to me that it should stay the same, or if nothing else...grow with the character a bit. So going from level 12 to level 20 actually lowers the damage resist and raises the ignore. Odd eh?

Archived Post
09-29-2009, 07:38 AM
not that odd, the effectiveness of invulnerability is based on the stats you have at your given level. So 100 con at level 15 might give you 30% resists, but only 25% resists at level 20. This is the weirdness you're seeing.

Archived Post
09-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Gotcha, so it is based off of effectiveness of items versus level. Hmmm, you would think it would stay the same given the item contribution is unchanged. No worries, and thanks for the reply. I figured as much.

Archived Post
09-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Gotcha, so it is based off of effectiveness of items versus level. Hmmm, you would think it would stay the same given the item contribution is unchanged. No worries, and thanks for the reply. I figured as much.

It's based off of your stats, not items. The items themselves don't degrade in any way. At level 12, 60 con and 60 str (making up numbers) is great, but at level 20, those are lousy stats. If you had gotten to level 20 normally, you'd likely have better items (and maybe even some more talents) and thus higher CON and STR. Because you didn't, you are NOT as good as a real level 20 player.

The PvP system is nice in that you are guaranteed a match, but you are not guaranteed you'll be on equal footing. I don't think I've ever taken a level 12 character into PvP. I usually wait for level 17.