PDA

View Full Version : Version Mismatch, again

Archived Post
09-22-2009, 04:11 AM
Really, i need to know whats happening with this problem and if u, DEVS, are working in this issue, because its really painful having to uninstall and reinstall every time u patch the game.
Obviously this has something to do with the Launcher/Patcher not working as effectively as its suposed to do.
Please, fix this, really.
Version Mismatch is not the message i want to read everytime i log in CO...

Archived Post
09-22-2009, 04:15 AM
I get Version Mismatch all the time too, but only if I started the launcher/client before the patch was there to download.
Try restarting your launcher and it should patch your client.

Archived Post
09-22-2009, 04:16 AM
Wow, you uninstall and reinstalle verytime you get a version mismatch isntead of logging out and patching up? Also, the servers are down.

Archived Post
09-22-2009, 04:18 AM
Wow, you uninstall and reinstalle verytime you get a version mismatch isntead of logging out and patching up? Also, the servers are down.

Yeah seems the long way round when closing the launcher and reopening and logging back in fixes this for me :eek:

Archived Post
09-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Of course not, everytime this happens i try to verify files like a dozen of times, even hoping loging server to work but it 3 weeks never happened or worked.
At the end i have to uninstall and reinstall to fix it, and believe me, i have been patient and wait for hours retrying to patch or /and checking if i could make it through characters screen but the answer is always the same...
I have been checking the forum for some days and it seems not everybody can find a way to jump this problem and i think its a problem with launcher not with me concretely.

Archived Post
09-22-2009, 04:22 AM
Uhh, then youa re doing something wrong cause a version mismatch means you are not patched up. Or patched before the servers are updated. You do not verify files either, you just log in, let the patcher run and do it's file check. THe patch came down like about 15 minutes ago to boot.

Archived Post
09-22-2009, 04:24 AM
edit: nevermind, you responded

OK, well, hmm. That's weird then. Can we get some details?

What OS are you running? (could be a Vista thing, not letting the game update properly due to permissions for example)

Where did you get your game originally? (if you're reinstalling from an install file something could be corrupted)

Those are the two things that come to mind readily, anyone have anything else? I doubt a dxdiag would help for this, but it couldn't hurt either.

Archived Post
09-22-2009, 04:32 AM
It can mean im not patched up properly or just servers version and the version i get are not the same,.

But i do verify files.
And its not a problem about getting the patch before the servers are patched.
Example, servers are down now, it was a patch from the other day (i have been not playing since thursday) and i couldnt log in anyway, after patching THAT patch (previous one to this) the "version mismatch" msg was appearing anyway.

Im using Windows Vista, i got my game copy from GAME UK, and well, i dont think the copy has any problem indeed because every time i reinstall game runs properly.
Problems comes everytime Cryptic patchs...
And im lost as well, not sure why this is happening at all.

Archived Post
09-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Hrm... this almost has to be a Vista permissions problem. Patcher wants to download but Vista isn't letting it write to the hard disk. Usually running a program as the Administrator fixes this type of issue, but not always.

Weird stuff.