PDA

View Full Version : Alt to the Rescue

Archived Post
09-18-2009, 02:40 AM
Malakai's great idea re: Damsels/Dudes in Distress got me thinking. Few people only play one character, but alts never get the chance to actually interact with each other. It would be awesome if the game occasionally selected a random alt of yours and brought them into a mission as an NPC (auto-sidekicked to your level) :D. It would be so much fun to see an alt helping out your current main in a tough battle!

Archived Post
09-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Neat idea! Put this in the Suggestions section!

Archived Post
09-18-2009, 02:57 AM
Sortof like the Rocket Hawks superteam you rescue in one of your Nemesis missions? An interesting idea though scripting anything to work for ALL alts may be a real trick. One of my alts in particular is a mute so having him say ANYTHING would be a 'break' from his character. Still, ideas like this can create more RP depth to the stories and should be considered as an option to expand the immersion of the game. The only problem that I see is that while MOST do have alts, it should not be assumed EVERYONE does. Though it would be easy enough to set the scripting to choose a default CO stable hero in that event, I'd imagine.

The same tact could be used to randomly select various peoples nemesis as foes in side missions, making it so that even with alts you never fight the same enemies as your previous character did, keeping the experience a bit more fresh. Certainly the creative use of in-game cinema scenes is within the technology already present in CO. Here's hoping that the Devs are having the same clever ideas we are about how to manipulate the current tools to maximum effect.

Archived Post
09-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Once more this morning, El /Signo Domingo.

Archived Post
09-18-2009, 03:00 AM
Love this idea too. Some great suggestions today!

I would want to be able to flag which heroes to be sidekick-able though, not just pick one at random.

Archived Post
09-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Ah, good point! Having a choice would be even better!