PDA

View Full Version : My nemesis is awful.. when can I kill her?

Archived Post
09-17-2009, 08:08 PM
I hit 25 and tried to make my nemesis. I was in a hurry to see the nemesis mission and so I ended up making a character who looks terrible. It's not even a "could learn to love it" terrible, it's just bad.

How long will it take before I can make that choice to kill or imprison or whatever it is that lets me build a new nemesis?

Archived Post
09-17-2009, 08:09 PM
I hit 25 and tried to make my nemesis. I was in a hurry to see the nemesis mission and so I ended up making a character who looks terrible. It's not even a "could learn to love it" terrible, it's just bad.

How long will it take before I can make that choice to kill or imprison or whatever it is that lets me build a new nemesis?

Hating your nemesis is a good thing.

Sorry, I don't really know the answer to your question.

Archived Post
09-17-2009, 08:12 PM
I have a love hate relationship with my nemesis...I was hoping to convert her to my side and get her to move in with me once player housing is established.

Archived Post
It is going to be a long, long time. I believe there are around 25 actual Nemesis missions per Nemesis. You normally do three mini-missions(stopping Henchmen from breaking into places, stealing stuff, stopping mining equipment, etc) before you get access to one of the Nemesis fights. Henchmen can only drop clues every six hours, which puts a cap on just how quickly one can progress.

Get one clue, do mini-mission, wait six hours, get another clue, another mini-mission, rinse and repeat until you actually get an instanced Nemesis fight.

So, yeah, it will probably be a while....

Archived Post
Your first one will take a while to get rid of.

Archived Post
09-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Well maybe by the time I can kill her I'll actually like the knight-plated naked girl with a serpent head.

Ugh.

Archived Post
09-17-2009, 08:25 PM
my nem is a zombie shark with gadegets

it scares the **** out of me

Archived Post
09-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Minor Spoiler (scroll over):

There is really no finality to the Nemesis missions. They never get imprisoned for a final time, they get recruited to do more nefarious deeds.

Archived Post
09-17-2009, 08:34 PM

Pfft... heroes don't kill. Where have you been the last 70 years. :p

Archived Post
09-17-2009, 08:35 PM
There is a Nemesis retcon system in the works. Buuuut...it wont be implemented until after you hit your 2nd nemesis anyway, that's just how the universe works.

Archived Post
09-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Pfft... heroes don't kill. Where have you been the last 70 years. :p

Pft..where have you been the last 70 years? The Punisher always kills...not to mention Wolverine. Though the fact that you were most likely being sarcastic wasn't lost on me.

Archived Post
09-18-2009, 10:23 AM
it gonna be a pleasure killing mine every time :)

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/Datbreak/screenshot_2009-09-16-22-56-50.jpg

check him out, he's a bad ass

Archived Post
09-19-2009, 09:50 PM
my nem is a zombie shark with gadegets

it scares the **** out of me

i lol'd
i wish my nemesis was scary. but he looks very huggable

Archived Post
09-19-2009, 10:15 PM
really 25 missions for one nemesis? wow I didnt know there were that many.. I figured it would be like seven max per minion...

I'm actually sort of happy how mine turned out he sort of looks like Dr steel that steam punk musician.

Archived Post
09-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Mine is the Skunk Lord. And i love to hate him.
Each time i am fighting mobs and then i see the darn vultures and rat men comming, i think "damn you, skunk lord!"

Of course, my next Nemesis will be "the Nerf Bat"

Archived Post
09-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Of course, my next Nemesis will be "the Nerf Bat"

I thought you were supposed to be able to jail your nemesis? If it's powers follow it's theme, then your energy builder will be forced to melee range and halfing whatever it's energy builder was, your starter attack will buff them, your level 3 holds will be reduced to level .5 and their holds upgraded to level 4, plus their attacks will be buffed to be brough in line with other powers, while yours are nerfed and endurance costs raised to reduce the effectiveness in PvP.

Also, cool, nemesis actually attack you. Never had mine come out (you'd think a giant shark monkey would have more testicular fortitude) but at least I know where to find him.

PS: Having nemesis minions show up, then have grond show up, just means lots of fun and watching an epic NPC battle.

Archived Post
09-19-2009, 11:04 PM
My nemesis is a blonde elf tart.

I'm not even kidding, she has a bow and ****.

Archived Post
09-20-2009, 02:28 AM
it gonna be a pleasure killing mine every time :)

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss275/Datbreak/screenshot_2009-09-16-22-56-50.jpg

check him out, he's a bad ass

Looks like he's quite the savage.

Can't wait to see what kind of schemes and capers he gets up to.