PDA

View Full Version : This game rocks

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 04:46 AM
It seems all I see on this forum is people complaining, I guess that is just a part of human nature especailly today. I just wanted to take a moment and say, " I love this game." I am 34 years old and this game makes me feel like a little kid again. I have played my share of MMORPG's not to extent of most of you I am sure, but none of them have provided the level of entertainment and surprises that CO has. Not to mention the fact that for once I dont have to be an elf, troll, or medevil type char. (LAME )

I wish people wouild spend as much time offering constructive opinions as they did commenting on how much this game sucks. I think the Dev's have done a great job listening to our complaints and addressing the issues when possible. I don't understand how people could p0ssibly write this game off after less than a month? Am I playing the same game?

Maybe it is me, and I dont get how an RPG should play, but I am having a blast. Please dont make this game any easier, I love the fact you have to put some thought into your conquests rather than hit a button and watch the result.

This is much longer than I wanted and do appologise for the rant, but once again...... I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 04:51 AM
*headbangs*

This game does indeed rock. And it's only going to get better, whee!

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Ill be rocking really hard and be all like im rocking dude, and then zomg this games starts rocking and im all fo shizzle

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 04:53 AM
It seems all I see on this forum is people complaining, I guess that is just a part of human nature especailly today. I just wanted to take a moment and say, " I love this game." I am 34 years old and this game makes me feel like a little kid again. I have played my share of MMORPG's not to extent of most of you I am sure, but none of them have provided the level of entertainment and surprises that CO has. Not to mention the fact that for once I dont have to be an elf, troll, or medevil type char. (LAME )

I wish people wouild spend as much time offering constructive opinions as they did commenting on how much this game sucks. I think the Dev's have done a great job listening to our complaints and addressing the issues when possible. I don't understand how people could p0ssibly write this game off after less than a month? Am I playing the same game?

Maybe it is me, and I dont get how an RPG should play, but I am having a blast. Please dont make this game any easier, I love the fact you have to put some thought into your conquests rather than hit a button and watch the result.

This is much longer than I wanted and do appologise for the rant, but once again...... I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

Brother I'm right there with ya :D

I'll probly be here till the wheel's fall off this b*tch, I'm just disappointed I didn't snap up one of those Lifetime subs. :(

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 04:54 AM
LoL, pay no attention to the blatant complainers, they're just annoyed because mommy canceled the WoW sub.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 04:55 AM
Sure does, this is the first game in a long time that i have played long into the night and getting up late for work for :P

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 04:57 AM

Agreed....

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 05:01 AM
I am LOVING this game for the same reasons the OP has. the whiners will whine as long as someone will listen to them.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 05:03 AM
LoL, pay no attention to the blatant complainers, they're just annoyed because mommy canceled the WoW sub.

there is actually a whole bunch of youtube videos out there of kids having seizures and spazzing out after the parent lays down the law. They are all like these suburban parents so none of the kids actually gets a beating they deserve however(when I was little, going insane like that meant beating no questions asked)

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Sure does, this is the first game in a long time that i have played long into the night and getting up late for work for :P

Same here :o

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 05:10 AM
there is actually a whole bunch of youtube videos out there of kids having seizures and spazzing out after the parent lays down the law. They are all like these suburban parents so none of the kids actually gets a beating they deserve however(when I was little, going insane like that meant beating no questions asked)

Lmao! One of those videos was going through my head when I posted that, pure hilarious.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 05:14 AM
I also entirely agree, please make the Gadroons more difficult again, don't listen to all the whining about things being too difficult. I might swear at my computer a lot when I die, but it only means it feels like you've actually achieved something when you don't.

I have had to start having a nap at lunch times because I'm only getting about 4 hours sleep per night. Also, I loose about an hour of game time every evening because my 3 year old daughter wants to kill the baddies - if she can manage to solo stuff I am sure that the game is not too difficult. Granted her character is only level 11, and I have to 'steer' it for her because her hand is too small for my mouse and I have to shout BLOCK when she is fighting villains. Even so....

Rocking the night away.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 08:09 AM
I agree 100%.
Coming from WAR this game is such a breath of fresh air (although I really liked it, but it got stale quick).
I can't remember the last time a pc game gave me such a great feeling.

I could spend hours in the character builder alone.
The difficulty isn't too hard and I've never had to search for a companion to takle quests.
The community is quite friendly and helpfull and in teams every-one is talkative and polite.

I hope Champions can keep it's population up, because I'm planning to play this for a long while.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 08:20 AM
I agree, this game is awesome. It provides a HUGE amount of ways to play your characters. I've never. in all my years of playing MMOs. had so many alts of such equal level before.

I NEED MORE CHARACTER SLOTS! More alts pleeez!

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 08:26 AM
I agree, this game is awesome. It provides a HUGE amount of ways to play your characters. I've never. in all my years of playing MMOs. had so many alts of such equal level before.

I have <cough>16 slots<cough> lifetime sub :).

You could try to buy a lifetime sub registered account off some of those people that are trying to cancel.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 08:27 AM

What happens to me is I start playing after the household stuff and treadmill-run are done and then suddenly, whoa, it's like 1 a.m. I haven't had those moments since I started playing EQ 1. So yes, the game is great.

It does have problems, however, that I am confident will be addressed over the course of it's development. Not every thread here is the typical QQing "Waaaah I am leaving!" *****-fest. There are constructive threads and there are rational arguments out there about things that could become positive changes.

For instance, although I have mixed feelings on it (I hate the idea of PVP without travel powers or powers so suppressed that it just feels like you are standing around flinging attacks at each other), some tuning to teleportation probably needs to be done. The way retcons are currently priced and handled needs to be looked at with some sensitivity to the player base. Questing/leveling gaps are an important issue that needs to be addressed by providing more content. Again, these are the kinds of issues every single production MMO in existence has faced, including the much vaunted WoW.

I guess what I am saying is don't take the negativity on the boards too seriously. Every game has forums that are full of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! and other detritus. You just have to sort through it to find the gems.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 08:34 AM
IMO the majority of the MMO player base is jaded as hell. This genre of video game has not really evolved much since the times of everquest and when a game does do something different, CO, it gets flamed for it. Even though its the flamers calling out for change.

Problem is each of these people has THEIR idea of what the change should be and when a new game doesn't follow that model it is automatically a failure.

Don't believe me? Head over to MMORPG.com and check out those forums. The amount of whining of SWG vets and lack of sandbox games is disgusting. People need to get lives.

I mean seriously, people over there are already calling SW:TOR a failure lol.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Yeah, this game rocks and it has from the beginning; that's why I bought into the lifetime :)

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 08:54 AM

You SLEEP?!!??

Seriously though... even after the growing pains I have to admit... I'm loving this game.

Heck me and a buddy.. who are both VERY manly men.... GIGGLED over vent after making two themed Munitions characters and watched the ensuing bloodbath :)

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 08:54 AM
When I made a 1 sword using toon (Everyone in forums said it was nerfed and under powered) and than took LR for a passive Def (Which everyone said was broken and useless) I was having a REALLY good time and cutting a path thru baddies pretty easily. Fortunately I read the forums and was taught that the choices I made were bad.
So despite how much fun I was having and no difficulties to mention, I want to thank the forum for setting me straight on how horrible things are. I can now continue to play, but I can also feel really bitter about it too! Woot! Best of both worlds! Thanks Forum!!

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 09:03 AM
I also entirely agree, please make the Gadroons more difficult again, don't listen to all the whining about things being too difficult. I might swear at my computer a lot when I die, but it only means it feels like you've actually achieved something when you don't.

I have had to start having a nap at lunch times because I'm only getting about 4 hours sleep per night. Also, I loose about an hour of game time every evening because my 3 year old daughter wants to kill the baddies - if she can manage to solo stuff I am sure that the game is not too difficult. Granted her character is only level 11, and I have to 'steer' it for her because her hand is too small for my mouse and I have to shout BLOCK when she is fighting villains. Even so....

Rocking the night away.

Aww that is soo cute!

I'm loving this game too. The combat is just spectacular compaired to the typical MMO style. It's both simple and yet complex when you start adding in the synergy you can get from combining powers in multiple frameworks.

It's good to see an appreciation post here, this game deserves it. Cryptic seems intent on ironing out the wrinkles so I think it's just going to get better and better. Can't wait for bloodmoon.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 09:05 AM
In my opinion, Champions is the sort of game where you get out of it what you put in. If one just throws a character together with no love and bombs through the game, one ends up not enjoying it, missing out on content and seeing gaps, and not knowing how to play one's character and calling for nerfs on anyone who happens to have put together a more sensible and thought out build than one's own that they understand how to play.

If you do the opposite of that though, you really put your all into creating a character, there is such... such fun to be had. And I think a modicum of creativity and the capability of wonder are both absolute necessities for this game, the kind of person who couldn't stare at the Northern Lights in wonder is the kind of person who wouldn't get as much fun out of this game as I would.

Not only that, but I'm a massive werewolf fan (you can call me a furry if you like) and I have to say that the beast costume pieces are brilliant, even better if cleverly combined with other bits. Then there are those animation sets, you can use those to add to the "aura" of your character. Now a civilian character wouldn't be believable in City of Heroes, but in Champions we have that Average animation set. My favourite is the bestial one though, of course!

Not to mention that the travel powers make exploration so fun! How could anyone not want to take a good run around Millennium City? Whether you're using Acrobatics, Swinging, or any o the other fun travel powers.

Oh, and flight is amazing with a good pair of scaled up wings.

The ability to choose any power I want and design my character the way I like, with very few limitations, means I can get high-concept with stuff and really create characters which are appealing to me. If I want to create an irradiated Wolfbat creature with hypnotic powers, then I can do that! (And I have.) That in and of itself makes the game feel so much better to me, and it is a special kind of ambrosia.

The combat is entertaining, it's shallow but it's supposed to be! It's Golden/early Silver Age comic book stuff! If it wasn't all biff/boff, brakabraka, vrewwwoooo then it wouldn't fit that image at all. It's silly, not just the combat but a lot of the missions too. And I always look forward to seeing Foxbat. Devs: We need more Foxbat content, please? Though in Foxbat's case, I'm always strongly tempted to let him do as he likes. I never really disagree with any of his plots. <.<

There are people who'll come here with different motivations, some will get bored simply because they are jaded and they aren't dreamers, there's nothing they'd want to see realised in a game like this. Some of those will whine, some of 'em will grief, all because they have nothing better to do. Whereas the rest of us will be having a blast romping around the various zones, or even engaging in some gentlemanly fisticuffs in the Hero Games.

There's a lot to love about this game, so much. And for a person not to love this game, I'd either have to say they aren't silly enough, or their imagination is just too limited. Sure, it has flaws and issues, but every start up MMO does. But for all the pure, distilled fun this game offers up, I can deal with that!

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 09:31 AM

sigh . . . fanboys vs complianers vs pirates vs ninjas vs Kirk vs Picard vs cake vs pie vs Chuck Norris vs Bruce Lee vs robots vs aliens. Standing at one extreme and calling the other extreme names is silly. Aren't you the hard one too bad ass to brook criticism of a video game?

I like the game too, but some of the complaints are legit. Sure some of them are out of the park crazy but so are some of the hard core L2P replies. Where is your sense of scale?

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 09:33 AM
If there is one thing T knows its what rocks and what doesn't rock!

Gold chains rock!
Carl Weathers rocks!
The A-Team rocks!

Suckas!

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 09:35 AM
It is a damn good game but with some heavy problems.

However, add about 500 more quests and fix pets so they dont need resummoning all the time and its got a solid base to build on.

Oh! And lower retcon-prices! Yeah!

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 09:38 AM
I hope i am not too late for the party but i agree this game rocks. I have never missed sleep over a video game. But these days i play till 4 am and then end up sleeping at work. :D

sigh . . . fanboys vs complianers vs pirates vs ninjas vs Kirk vs Picard vs cake vs pie vs Chuck Norris vs Bruce Lee vs robots vs aliens. Standing at one extreme and calling the other extreme names is silly. Aren't you the hard one too bad ass to brook criticism of a video game?

I like the game too, but some of the complaints are legit. Sure some of them are out of the park crazy but so are some of the hard core L2P replies. Where is your sense of scale?

You forgot alien vs predator.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Amen to OP.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 11:45 AM
In my opinion, Champions is the sort of game where you get out of it what you put in. If one just throws a character together with no love and bombs through the game, one ends up not enjoying it, missing out on content and seeing gaps, and not knowing how to play one's character and calling for nerfs on anyone who happens to have put together a more sensible and thought out build than one's own that they understand how to play.

If you do the opposite of that though, you really put your all into creating a character, there is such... such fun to be had. And I think a modicum of creativity and the capability of wonder are both absolute necessities for this game, the kind of person who couldn't stare at the Northern Lights in wonder is the kind of person who wouldn't get as much fun out of this game as I would.

Not only that, but I'm a massive werewolf fan (you can call me a furry if you like) and I have to say that the beast costume pieces are brilliant, even better if cleverly combined with other bits. Then there are those animation sets, you can use those to add to the "aura" of your character. Now a civilian character wouldn't be believable in City of Heroes, but in Champions we have that Average animation set. My favourite is the bestial one though, of course!

Not to mention that the travel powers make exploration so fun! How could anyone not want to take a good run around Millennium City? Whether you're using Acrobatics, Swinging, or any o the other fun travel powers.

Oh, and flight is amazing with a good pair of scaled up wings.

The ability to choose any power I want and design my character the way I like, with very few limitations, means I can get high-concept with stuff and really create characters which are appealing to me. If I want to create an irradiated Wolfbat creature with hypnotic powers, then I can do that! (And I have.) That in and of itself makes the game feel so much better to me, and it is a special kind of ambrosia.

The combat is entertaining, it's shallow but it's supposed to be! It's Golden/early Silver Age comic book stuff! If it wasn't all biff/boff, brakabraka, vrewwwoooo then it wouldn't fit that image at all. It's silly, not just the combat but a lot of the missions too. And I always look forward to seeing Foxbat. Devs: We need more Foxbat content, please? Though in Foxbat's case, I'm always strongly tempted to let him do as he likes. I never really disagree with any of his plots. <.<

There are people who'll come here with different motivations, some will get bored simply because they are jaded and they aren't dreamers, there's nothing they'd want to see realised in a game like this. Some of those will whine, some of 'em will grief, all because they have nothing better to do. Whereas the rest of us will be having a blast romping around the various zones, or even engaging in some gentlemanly fisticuffs in the Hero Games.

There's a lot to love about this game, so much. And for a person not to love this game, I'd either have to say they aren't silly enough, or their imagination is just too limited. Sure, it has flaws and issues, but every start up MMO does. But for all the pure, distilled fun this game offers up, I can deal with that!

I agree 100%, so much that I think my next char will be a werewolf lol, as soon as I finish playing me new char a bit :D

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 11:47 AM
agreed

I like the direction this game is headed in. The first couple of major content releases (Full Moon and whatever comes after) will set the tone and really tell me if my lifetime sub was worth the cost. but so far so good.

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 05:14 PM

Signed. I need some more alts. I have 8 character slots full and they're all equal level. And I don't have the heart to nuke one as I did a few nights ago to put a different one in it's place.

Or maybe do it CoH stylee and open a second server where I can have 8 more alts.

... I don't want to have to pay for a second sub... oh lord, I just typed that. Please strike that from the record!

Archived Post
09-15-2009, 05:19 PM
My opinion of the game a improved since I was able to respec my main into a powerful build that doesn't die so much.

CO has a way to go for sure, more content especially, some basic things like teaming need to be fixed, but yeah, it's a pretty good game.