PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see EU servers???

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:10 AM
I am on off this game like a yo-yo due to lag, because it seems that peak times in the UK are unplayable. Are we going to get EU servers that give us European players a chance to gets some game play in, or will I have to suffer with the servers across the pond???

I brought this game hoping this game was a worldwide mmo that everyone could play, not just for just for people in America.(I know some of you guys are suffering as well, but i just want inquire about the European players)

So will Europe get are much needed servers that we require to play the game lag free???

Thanks

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:13 AM
The czech republic here and I am not experiencing any lags at all. I don't know if it's even possible to do this since the game runs on a single big cluster located in NY. But yeah better ping wouldn't do any harm I guess :)

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:13 AM
What? Im playing from Denmark and i hardly ever notice any lag. Besides the random rubberband you get after activating a travel power :P

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:15 AM
What? Im playing from Denmark and i hardly ever notice any lag. Besides the random rubberband you get after activating a travel power :P

Well if you check the technical problems forum you will see that a lot of us in the UK and other parts of Europe are suffering from extreme lag issues. I not saying all of Europe suffer, but its definitely a issue.

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:16 AM
U.K here and haven't had any issues with lag as of yet, the odd rubber banding but meh its an mmorpg.

Try switcing instances maybe that will help?

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:16 AM
U.K here and haven't had any issues with lag as of yet, the odd rubber banding but meh its an mmorpg.

Try switcing instances maybe that will help?

What Isp you on??? If you don't mind me asking???

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:20 AM
uk here no lag

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:24 AM
erm tiscali atm i think Mugger (dont sort the internets where im living atm).

Hope it helps...btw theres a sticky above this post about LAG, havent read it myself but some info in there maybe help you out^^

Hope you get it fixed soon!

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:30 AM
erm tiscali atm i think Mugger (dont sort the internets where im living atm).

Hope it helps...btw theres a sticky above this post about LAG, havent read it myself but some info in there maybe help you out^^

Hope you get it fixed soon!

Well I am going to o2 next week, so with a couple of your guys responses about not suffering from lag, I have hope.

It might be throttling by BT.

It still would be nice to see EU servers in the future though.

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
My brothers lives in the UK, I talk to him on vent while playing CO with him. He never says anything about lag.

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:43 AM
UK here also, and yep also get lag issues. Its most extreme when grouping, which is strange as I'm fine with 10+ people blasting something in a open event, just not in a 5 man group. I would suspect its something to do with the server side checking of how powers interact.

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm afraid its a problem with your ISP and not a problem from Cryptics side.

As many others here I also have no lag problems what so ever. I live in Denmark using Telenor.

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:56 AM
UK on Virgin cable bb, never had any issues from day one

And to EU servers, hell no, defeats the whole point of what CO has achieved by a unified world

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 07:59 AM
The "one world server" is one of the reasons why I bought this game. Meeting people from around the planet is the very reason why I play online games. I hate it when a gaming community gets split up across multiple servers.

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 08:08 AM
UK here and I've had a completely lag-free and generally stable experience so far.

I must be lucky.

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 08:32 AM
COH was out for about a year before they had EU servers, i'm quessing they are waiting to see how many ppl buy and play this game first before spending out on another server.
all though there is a fair amount of ppl playing at the moment if you take away the EU players there would be a big drop in population.
Give them time, it's only been in the shops a week.

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 08:32 AM
I know BT Internet has huge issues with most MMOs that aren't WoW these days, in that they throttle the hell out of your ports during peak hours to prevent P2P connections. This tends to negatively effect llatency in MMOs.

Try downloading Proxifier and finding a non-UK proxy to connect through to play the game. That worked for me.

Archived Post
09-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Playing from France. No lag whatsoever. However, CO has one server is the only reason why i like this game. Otherwise, i can continue playing COH. :o