PDA

View Full Version : Supergroup Benefit?

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Are there currently any benefits to forming/joining Supergroups other than the social aspects? I hate to do the CoH - CO comparison, but using CoH for an example there are tradeskill stations, teleporters, storage, etc... in the Supergroup's bases.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 08:18 AM
you get an extra costume slot I think

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 09:12 AM
you get an extra costume slot I think

Yeah, as of none there is no point to super groups. other then a place to make friends. thats it. other then that SG's have no purpose. they get no perks. This must be changed.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 09:14 AM
They get a SG bank...

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah, as of none there is no point to super groups. other then a place to make friends. thats it. other then that SG's have no purpose. they get no perks. This must be changed.

Am i the only one who finds this funny? Probably.

Also, why punish those not in one? SGs get extra costume slots, banks, and who knows what else later. Lets give the non-supergroup heroes some love too.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Am i the only one who finds this funny? Probably.

Also, why punish those not in one? SGs get extra costume slots, banks, and who knows what else later. Lets give the non-supergroup heroes some love too.

No, you're not the only one. ;)

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Are there currently any benefits to forming/joining Supergroups other than the social aspects? I hate to do the CoH - CO comparison, but using CoH for an example there are tradeskill stations, teleporters, storage, etc... in the Supergroup's bases.

Just an FYI, CoH had supergroups long before it had bases. In that game players didn't get bases until the CoV expansion was released and that was 2 years after the game started. Furthermore, CoH players couldn't use bases unless they bought the CoV expansion until the devs released the Good vs Evil expansion.

SG's will be getting more benefits they just haven't been released yet.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 01:50 PM

No, no, and no some more. When City of Heroes (see my life didn't end because I spelled it out) was first released, Super Groups were theme based and attracted like minded people.

Then the bases and all the Super Group leveling came and Super Groups just became about recruiting numbers to get more points for base building.

I'm all for bonuses for Super Groups, but I hated that Super Groups in City of Heroes rewarded shameless recruiting of numbers and promoted Super Group Nazi's that demanded everyone be in Super Group mode so the Group would get their precious points.

This wouldn't have been that bad if you didn't have to sacrifice your influence gains to contribute to the Super Group. Not to mention it punished newer players that didn't have a higher level character to farm with or support their lower level character's enhancement purchases.