PDA

View Full Version : The positivity thread.

Archived Post
09-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Mind you I think that people have every right to make complaint threads in as much a quantity as they desire, the negativity has started to pull myself and I'm sure others who don't share in the opinion of the complaints.

So this isn't a call to end those threads, but rather a life raft of something upbeat in a sea of angry.

I'll start:

I really like the knockdown/knockback mechanics in this game in comparison to CoX. I could take or leave such an effect in CoX, but in CO it just seems so much more fluid and frankly useful. One tactic that I enjoy is using uppercut to launch a villain level enemy into the air. Then while he goes up on his little trick I'll use room sweeper to knock back the horde of henchmen beating on me. After they all go sailing I get a few seconds of alone time with the villain without the interference of the henchmen. And if I can pull off a hand clap at the start of the fight, then go into the uppercut/room sweeper combo I can effectively render henchmen moot for the entirety of the fight.

Well that and juggling baddies is just fun to look at.

Archived Post
09-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I think the game is honestly fun and i believe that cryptic is doing a GREAT job seeing as how this game has been out no time at all.

People need to be reminded that if they dont like the game they can go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>Games>Solitaire and play a relativly bug free game

Everyone else see you in champs!!!

Archived Post
09-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I think the game is honestly fun and i believe that cryptic is doing a GREAT job seeing as how this game has been out no time at all.

People need to be reminded that if they dont like the game they can go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>Games>Solitaire and play a relativly bug free game

Everyone else see you in champs!!!

I just wanted to tell you that Solitaire is definitely bugged. I know a way to get an extra win in your statistics every time you start the game!

Archived Post
09-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I just wanted to tell you that Solitaire is definitely bugged. I know a way to get an extra win in your statistics every time you start the game!

Oh great, one more thing for people to gripe at microsoft now

Archived Post
09-09-2009, 06:10 PM
OHHH MEE GUTZ LOTZ UB STUFFS.

3) KRUUNCHARZ LUBZ DAT WEN MEE NOKZ UH BADDEE INTA DA AER DAY FAWL DOWN ANNA GOZE BOOM!

7) YESTDARDAY MEE HITZ SUMWUN OBER DA HED WIDDA PIKUL JOOSE TRUK. TROO STOREE!

C) KRUUNCHARZ LUBZ BEIN DA OWNLEE MAYLAY DAT KIKZ BUMZ!

1) MEE WISH DAT "KIKZ BUMZ" KAYM WIDDA HOLD TALUNT (SOWWEE MEE SNUK DAT IN DER)

4) KRUUNCHARZ LUBZ DAT KRUUNCHARZ KAN GO PYOO PYOO PYOO ANNA STILL FEEL MANLEE.

12) MEE LUBZ MA REELLEE NIFTEE GOGGULZ ... DAY PEENK ANNA PERPUL LYKE MA SHORTZ!

2) MEE LUBZ DAT MEE KEN TWY OWT AWL DA NYOO POWWAZ MEE WUNTZ!

MEE GUTZ MOOR BUT MUDDER SEZ IZ TYME FER BED SOZE KRUUNCHARZ IZ OWT!

PEAS OWT YO!

*salute*

Archived Post
09-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Krunch you're still doing this? o_o

Anyway, One of my favorite things to do is swing! Nothing feels better then to swoop around a sky scraper, swing through a small hole and land on a telephone poll.

Archived Post
09-09-2009, 06:20 PM
A+ will play again.

Archived Post
09-10-2009, 08:04 AM

Anyway, One of my favorite things to do is swing! Nothing feels better then to swoop around a sky scraper, swing through a small hole and land on a telephone poll.

I've not tried swinging myself. I'm always wierded out though when I'm out in the middle of a stark clearing and someone comes swinging by.

Archived Post
09-10-2009, 08:15 AM
I still love all the possibly characters I can make with this system being able to choose any power - yes you need a fair amount of the right type of powers to be viable... but that's expected. Can't pick nothing but heals and then complain I can't do damage.

Archived Post
09-10-2009, 08:26 AM
I've not tried swinging myself. I'm always wierded out though when I'm out in the middle of a stark clearing and someone comes swinging by.

Swinging is great! It has a really nice jump component to it, so you don't actually have to swing everywhere.

Archived Post
09-10-2009, 08:31 AM

I know what ya mean, but than I think of Spidey swinging past the Statue of Liberty and I think: Whats he swinging from?

Anyway, if ya haven't tried the swinging travel power, give it a bash, its heaps 'o fun! As for the game of CO, I could come up with a huge list of why it is fun and more engaging than other superhero MMO (No need to pluralize MMO....):D

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:10 AM

UB KORS.

WUT ELS MEE GUNNA DOO?

*perplexed*

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:13 AM
UB KORS.

WUT ELS MEE GUNNA DOO?

*perplexed*

this is aimed at OOC kruunch

do you have a super eloquent alt?

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:16 AM
What you have all said i have to agree with totally.. but i think my favourite part of the game is how you can choose how you move e.g. beast or huge.

Kruunch you are becomming incredibly tedious lol. I hate those Hulk wannabe's.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:19 AM
For a game that is this young I am quite blown away by it already. I love the PVP at early levels and zipping around on my jet-feet. I think that the action based combat system isn't too tacky either, its the right amount for an mmorpg.

So far I am loving this. The little bugs and balance issues will all be resolved over time. After playing so many MMORPGs that I lost count, I can safely say that its turning out to be great.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:24 AM
I love the amount of customization, not just appearance-wise (also great!) but power-wise! I love being able to pick my own powers, choose my own advantages, choose my own super-stat, choose my own stat upgrades, etc.

I really hope this all stays viable. From what I read, Cryptic has the right idea to keep fights more frantic by not having a tank that takes all the damage, etc. Watch out for encouraging "perfect tank" or "perfect heal" builds, and this will become a great MMO :)

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:28 AM
Nice to see some positivty back on the forums and people being friendly with each other. Was also really nice this morning when after teaming up with a stranger in Lemuria they said good luck and thanked me before I left :)

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:32 AM
I really like the custom choices and open-ended design ability of CO.
I really like having travel powers early in the game.
I really like the action pace of the game.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:32 AM
OHHH MEE GUTZ LOTZ UB STUFFS.

3) KRUUNCHARZ LUBZ DAT WEN MEE NOKZ UH BADDEE INTA DA AER DAY FAWL DOWN ANNA GOZE BOOM!

7) YESTDARDAY MEE HITZ SUMWUN OBER DA HED WIDDA PIKUL JOOSE TRUK. TROO STOREE!

C) KRUUNCHARZ LUBZ BEIN DA OWNLEE MAYLAY DAT KIKZ BUMZ!

1) MEE WISH DAT "KIKZ BUMZ" KAYM WIDDA HOLD TALUNT (SOWWEE MEE SNUK DAT IN DER)

4) KRUUNCHARZ LUBZ DAT KRUUNCHARZ KAN GO PYOO PYOO PYOO ANNA STILL FEEL MANLEE.

12) MEE LUBZ MA REELLEE NIFTEE GOGGULZ ... DAY PEENK ANNA PERPUL LYKE MA SHORTZ!

2) MEE LUBZ DAT MEE KEN TWY OWT AWL DA NYOO POWWAZ MEE WUNTZ!

MEE GUTZ MOOR BUT MUDDER SEZ IZ TYME FER BED SOZE KRUUNCHARZ IZ OWT!

PEAS OWT YO!

*salute*

He has a mother??? How scary will she be if he goes to bed when told :P

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:39 AM
I like the diversity of the hero types, the action-fest feeling of the fights, the cartoony look (I think I'm a minority here, i prefer the four-colour effect - lots), and the potential of the game once it's out of beta. ;)

I don't mean this last bit as a flame. I do see it as more than a bit unfinished in a number of ways, but despite this it's fun. Seriously fun. And I am confident it will get better.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 04:51 AM
UB KORS.

WUT ELS MEE GUNNA DOO?

*perplexed*

Is it just me?
Or is Kruunch really starting to sound like Fat Albert? :eek:

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Swinging is great! It has a really nice jump component to it, so you don't actually have to swing everywhere.

Gave it a try last night in place of superjump with the respec and I liked it, think I'll take it as my second least used travel power.

The game, I love.

Is it just me?
Or is Kruunch really starting to sound like Fat Albert? :eek:

HEY HEY HEY.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 05:15 AM
I am having a blast with the game, so far. I love the costume generator. I love it that I am not getting a million "name already taken" messages when I make a new char. I love that this game has hundreds of genuinely fun quests and don't force you to grind. I love Millenium City (promote the person(s) who made it, really). I love that Cryptic offered a lifetime subscription (I wouldn't be here without it, I hate monthly fees). I love it that this game is fun both in teams and as soloist. I love it that unlike that very arge competitor of yours, you made the comic graphics look classy.

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 05:30 PM
this is aimed at OOC kruunch

do you have a super eloquent alt?

OH-OH-SEA KRUUNCHARZ?

DAT LYKE MA EEBIL NEMUHSIS OR SUMDING?

*snorts*

Archived Post
09-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Kruunch you are becomming incredibly tedious lol. I hate those Hulk wannabe's.

BUTT MEE GUT STILEZ!

*toothy grin*