PDA

View Full Version : Evidently the forum admins don't like the way we play...

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I have seen more forum posts (including one of my own) edited or deleted due to "inappropriate content" or content that "violates blah blah blah".
When did telling someone off or disagreeing with someone's viewpoint (albeit with flair and/or passion) become harassment or inappropriate?
If words on a screen, written by someone you have never / will never meet, can induce such a powerful emotional response as to qualify as harassment or violation of anything...then perchance a previous poster had it right.

"Grow a thicker skin or go elsewhere."

I mean, really? Do any of you really get all distraught when someone on a forum board disagrees with you and might even add a tone of sarcasm to the discussion?

wow...This country is being repopulated with emasculated little girls who have to have a nanny-state (or nanny forums) watch out for their little feelings and sensitive eyes.

So sad.

Yeah, I know this really doesn't pertain to gameplay, but there is no "People are such sad sheep" thread...so I figured I'd start it here...

I welcome any and all flames...unlike the masses of spoonfed children, I remember the days of Alt.req.flames.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Acting like an adult and giving others the respect another human being should receive no matter what would solve most problems.

It should more be like if you cant control what you say, go somewhere else...

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:34 PM
starting off good Wynnde.....way to go bud.

here ya go....read this:

...it will answer ALL your questions......rather that going off half-baked in a thread-rage.......:rolleyes:

http://forums.champions-online.com/announcement.php?f=94&a=5

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Acting like an adult and giving others the respect another human being should receive no matter what would solve most problems.

It should more be like if you cant control what you say, go somewhere else...

Never met anyone I considered a mature, level headed human being who thought adults should never cuss. Also, "acting like an adult" these days means very little.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:38 PM
I have seen more forum posts (including one of my own) edited or deleted due to "inappropriate content" or content that "violates blah blah blah".
When did telling someone off or disagreeing with someone's viewpoint (albeit with flair and/or passion) become harassment or inappropriate?
If words on a screen, written by someone you have never / will never meet, can induce such a powerful emotional response as to qualify as harassment or violation of anything...then perchance a previous poster had it right.

I mean, really? Do any of you really get all distraught when someone on a forum board disagrees with you and might even add a tone of sarcasm to the discussion?

wow...This country is being repopulated with emasculated little girls who have to have a nanny-state (or nanny forums) watch out for their little feelings and sensitive eyes.

So sad.

Yeah, I know this really doesn't pertain to gameplay, but there is no "People are such sad sheep" thread...so I figured I'd start it here...

I welcome any and all flames...unlike the masses of spoonfed children, I remember the days of Alt.req.flames.

I didn't know this forum was apart of a country?! I thought it was the internet, a worldwide entity available to many countries across the world!

If you can't put your thoughts into a constructive and appropriate response, then just do not respond. It's very simple, most people don't like even reading somone throwing insults to another user, even when it's not directed at them. It's a waste of time to read.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Discussing Disciplinary Actions
Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, discuss disciplinary actions taken by Cryptic Studios against any user (including the poster) may be subject to an infraction.

is one of the things your not allowed to do.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM

I think there's the problem. Alt.req.flames was a place people chose to go to engage in flaming. That was fine. But some folks want to act like the whole internet has a .flames suffix, and get upset when they feel their right to be as unpleasant as they like is being infringed.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Never met anyone I considered a mature, level headed human being who thought adults should never cuss. Also, "acting like an adult" these days means very little.

Well, nice to meet ya, you met your first one..:)

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:43 PM
This will not end well.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:44 PM
This will not end well.

That is a matter of perception. I suspect the end will be my favourite part.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:47 PM

I die a little inside each and every time *sniffle*

Anyway nice talking to you, you poo flinging monkey, (its catching on) you tinker with a silent 's'.

Hmm ok I'm not so good at flaming but I tried and that's what counts.:D

Just kiddin op I love you really.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Most internet forums have guidelines about inflammatory speech. This is not unusual to forums. Forum users have the privilege to speak out here. Other forum users also have the privilege to not be personally harrassed or horribly insulted. It's a double-edged sword.

I think the mods are doing an awesome job, personally.

The OP's forum name is partly ironic, no?

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:49 PM

So sad.

Did you forget to take your meds kid?

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:52 PM
This will not end well.

I think you can leave off the well part and just say "This will not end" ;) Below are some points people can borrow for future relevant posts :)

.. . .. . . .

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:53 PM
It could be worse. Much worse.

Ever posted at Gamespot or GameFAQs?

Try having posts deleted because you disagree with someone, only to have them take the crybaby route and report your post to a moderator, causing you to "lose points" and have your post deleted.

These forums have actually been quite nice so far, with lots of great discussions and posters who know what they're talking about and actually form sentences, write well-thought-out posts, and so forth. You just don't find that type of content at many other forums.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:55 PM
When did telling someone off become harassment or inappropriate?.

Nothing anyone can say will offend me, they are just words....but what I think doesn't matter, if it's against Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines then that's all that matters when posting here...and I don't remember it ever being "appropriate" to tell someone off when you disagree with them, regardless of the rules...

8. You may not use vulgar, harmful, harassing, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, racially/ethnically charged or otherwise objectionable language. Abbreviations, self censoring, and attempts to circumvent our censure software also violate these Guidelines. If your post contains a word that is censored by our software, you must remove that word or the post will be removed. If you feel that the software censor is acting in error, please contact us.

---------------------------------------------------------
----------------->Forum Rules<----------------- (http://forums.champions-online.com/announcement.php?f=90&a=6)
---------------------------------------------------------

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I will close this down, reason why was already given by a user, discussing forum moderation is not allowed as in our Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines (http://forums.champions-online.com/announcement.php?f=2&a=6).

A forum is not a law- or rules-free zone. You can not just write whatever you want in whatever style you want just because it is the internet and noone is looking you directly in the eye personally face to face. What may not be offensive to you because you have a thicker skin, might be offensive to others.

The rules are not here to limit you or censor you, they are here to allow to maintain a discussion environment that is comfortable for all users. As with all places where a lot of people with different opinions and points of view get together, and be it just by writing posts and threads, rules are necessary to keep a certain peace.

Thank you,

Dio