PDA

View Full Version : Hero Creater not working, or me?

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 10:39 AM
I played CoH for 2 years, and I got quite good at using the hero creation part. So I thought when I saw CO's hero creater, I'd be all set. Not. For example, I tried to make a Bald hero with a Gotee facial hair, but the facial hair bar disapears when I do??? I tried to put a cape on my Paladin type hero, but it won't let me???

And when I went to change two of my heroe's at the costume shop, there was not even an option/bar to do so (there was no belt options, and no arm options; I spent almost an hour looking and saying to myself "They HAVE to be here somewhere").

What am I doing wrong or missing? :confused:

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Simply put, some settings will bar you from setting others. The lack of a cape with any chest item whatsoever is a prime example.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't know all of the specifics (and I am at work so I can't verify everything you've mentioned), but certain options are not available based on previously selected options.

For example: capes are not allowed with certain chest\shoulder options.

you should be able to make a bald head with goatee, but you need to be careful of your base head selection because it may be the way you are selected the "head type" that is stopping you from selecting goatee.

I won't get home for another 3 hours or so, but if you can't figure it out pm here on the boards and I'll see what I can do

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 11:52 AM
I was able to "port" my character from CoH through the character creator. However, he has a simple look - a suit with a fedora and glasses.

Archived Post
09-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Yes, I did do a custom face on the guy I tried to put a gotee on. I guess I'll have to remake him because it's easier than getting up enough money to change at shop.

But I'm still not sure why I can't change my belt or arm items, on two different characters, at the costume shop.