PDA

View Full Version : TK Ego or End?

Archived Post
09-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Hey

TK is my very first character so im still in the rather large learning curve that are inherent with many MMORPG's. I've been reading that Ego is out main or 'super' stat and that we should pump everything into this, however my tooltips are telling me that dmg from Id blades, which is active most of the time' comes from end, so im confused where to put my stats exactly, anyone able to offer any advice into what i should be doing with this class?

Thanks in advanced

-Kaia

Archived Post
09-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Currently ID Blades scales off Endurance. It will be changing to appropriately scale of EGO in an upcoming patch.

Archived Post
09-06-2009, 06:52 AM
How soon is this upcoming patch?

Thanks

Archived Post
09-06-2009, 07:32 AM
The patch is on the test server right now. So I'm guessing in the next week. But since its the first patch they're testing there we really havent seen how fast the test/live cycle will be.

Archived Post
09-06-2009, 07:38 AM
sweet so I would assume that they will be giving everyone free recon? Because that'd be nice since I went Con/End. Ego form was totally gimped in the patch with the reduction of defensive (i had 21% physical resistance from it... went all the way down to 9%). I would so rather take ego so then I can take Telekinesis (whats the point of the power set if you can't lift things with your mind?)

Archived Post
09-06-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm playing a TK Blades character with Con and Ego as my main stats, and Dex as a secondary stat. At level 22, I'm doing great damage with relatively little endurance. You'll be fine going ego until the patch hits.

Archived Post
09-06-2009, 08:10 AM
I think this is going to depend on if you intend to take TK Eruption and/or Shadow Form.

TK Eruption cannot be used at even half charge (50% charge is where it gets good) unless you superstat End, and Shadow Form scales with End.

If you are going the Ego Form route then I would probably suck it up take Ego, but right now it is a terrible stat unless you also stack Dex.

I think that until we see something more than napkin math on how well the blades scale with Ego after the patch. If the difference is less than 10% I would still go End, after that it becomes more dicey.

IMHO they should just axe the Ego stat and roll it into Dex for crit and Presence for hold resistance.

Archived Post
09-06-2009, 08:16 AM
I agree that they should either get rid of Ego, or make Ego stand on its own. It's just too worthless of a stat without Dex.