PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot preorder items?

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 05:14 AM
Can't find em, nothing in the Special Unlocks tab.
And we europeans just have to register a account and then we get the items from start right`No special code needed?

I spoke to a guy who said that I should use the code i find in my manual, but there is no code in my manual, only over the disc on some whitesticker (wich i guess is the same thing)

Please help me^^

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 05:46 AM
I second this. I picked up my GameStop preorder yesterday evening, came home and entered my retail key on my account here and .....well nothing. No exclusive costumes at character creation. No anti-grav pack. zip. Please advise. Thanks

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 06:08 AM
It looks like you had to get one of the "preorder cards" from gamestop in order to get this... My gamestop got TWO of these cards. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 06:45 AM
It looks like you had to get one of the "preorder cards" from gamestop in order to get this... My gamestop got TWO of these cards. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

If that is the case then i wouldlike the devs to fix it, by either send the people that missed out on it a code, or something in that fashion.

Justice For All.

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 08:11 AM
If you didn't get a pre-order code from your store, then you should contact their corporate offices (no, I don't know how). Have the information relating to your actual pre-order ready in hand, and expedct to have to FIGHT your way up the food chain for a while.

:(

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Well then I'm double screwed because I have a pre-order code. I was one of the lucky ones at my GameStop and was in open beta. Hmmm.

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I "pre-ordered" from GameStop. The store I did this at had no cards. And they were never going to get ANY "cards". So I had to call up GameStop and insist they send me a code. Which I entered at the CO site.

That gave me access to the Headstart. But I never had any of the bonus items until I entered my retail code.

The sad part is that it gave me the costume piece - Insectoid Airfoil - and I guess that's what unlocked the Anti-Grav boots at the "C-Store". To get to those "boots" - which are a device that enables a basic form of flight - click on the Champions "C" at the top left of the map, to bring up the menu, then click on the "C Store" in the list. It shows you the toy thingys and the next tab has the place where you "claim" the Anti-Grav boots.

To use the boots put them in a device slot - after using them you can then revert to using the "T" key to initiate flight. And when you visit the Powerhouse for your real flight power this will take the place of the boots.

Sadly if you chose to use the Insectoid Airfoil back piece, every time you access the Tailor it will remove them by default and charge you for doing so!

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 03:03 PM
If you are having any problems with preorder codes or not getting access to the things you think your should be, please make a ticket for the CS team.

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 07:34 PM
If you are having any problems with preorder codes or not getting access to the things you think your should be, please make a ticket for the CS team.

No offense poz, but I made a ticket for this and they referred me to the GMs - who of course were too busy to respond to me in a timely fashion. Then when they did finally respond they told me to come here, or file another bug report (I'm developing quite a list...). Filing "bug reports" is what I do the majority of the time.

I'm just glad I wasn't in Closed Beta. Because it really starts to bother me when I keep reporting the same stuff over and over... and when those issues seem to be ignored! I guess the only thing that bothers me more is when you fail to fix the bugs AND you nerf the crap out of my characters.

Archived Post
09-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I have and only get canned responses to every ticket I have put in.

Archived Post
09-06-2009, 07:15 AM
I called Gamestop and they told me that they forgot to give me the code (but they gave me **** beta key for the trouble, wich I didnt need so I gave it to my friend :P)

Now I got the items, but I must say I am dissapointed, I was really looking forward to a Jetpack (that works) and this is the description of the item:
Retro Jetpro: Golden age design meets cutting edge astrodynamics to assist airborne heroes in soaring to new heights.

Am I not thinking straight? To me it sounds like a jetpack in working order, not just something that hangs on your back with no use whatso ever.. :(

Some preorders got some cool stuff, like level 1 flight, wich is to me the best one. But I got some items wich I dont really like, and 2 minor stats auras that my char can 'equip' wich I dont find so cool either.
I would love to trade all my stuff for a working flight power, a la jetpack or boots etc.

Cheers : /