PDA

View Full Version : "scratch head"....why does this game feel like it's getting easier

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I was questing today...Stuck at level 21....and i was flying around each zone thinking, how will i get to level 22....then i just started searching my inventory and said "oh hey there we go a ton of quest items to start quests" and then when i started going to contacts they were opening more quests for me to do, then i went out and tried to be careful not to die....and what do you know i am slaughtering level 23's like its nothing and guess what THEY ARE VILLAINS. I am a dual blade/Single blade Regeneration. And i have not died in the pats hour, questing after questing.

My question...is this game getting easier or is the dev team lowering mob damage?

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Maybe you're just learning how to play your character better?

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I was questing today...Stuck at level 21....and i was flying around each zone thinking, how will i get to level 22....then i just started searching my inventory and said "oh hey there we go a ton of quest items to start quests" and then when i started going to contacts they were opening more quests for me to do, then i went out and tried to be careful not to die....and what do you know i am slaughtering level 23's like its nothing and guess what THEY ARE VILLAINS. I am a dual blade/Single blade Regeneration. And i have not died in the pats hour, questing after questing.

My question...is this game getting easier or is the dev team lowering mob damage?

Maybe you're just getting better, and not the game! There's definitely a certain level of skill required and the more you play your character the more skilled you become at survival.

I'm glad it's coming together for you though! That's great news!

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 12:59 PM

It's clearly time for another nerf.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:01 PM
The game does seem to be getting easier, but at this point Im just attributing it to me getting used to the new system. Before I was able to run into the middle of things and kill with reckless abandon. Now I am still able to kill the same things I could before, but I have to use more strategy. While that made for what seemed to be a large change in the beginning, after a small adjustment period it hasnt really affected my gameplay other than having to do more than stand in one place pressing buttons. Some people might not like it, but I think its better this way

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:05 PM
The game does seem to be getting easier, but at this point Im just attributing it to me getting used to the new system. Before I was able to run into the middle of things and kill with reckless abandon. Now I am still able to kill the same things I could before, but I have to use more strategy. While that made for what seemed to be a large change in the beginning, after a small adjustment period it hasnt really affected my gameplay other than having to do more than stand in one place pressing buttons. Some people might not like it, but I think its better this way

Agreed. I never blocked or used strategy before the patch. Hell, I couldnt even tell you what moves I was doing. I just smashed buttons. I think I might of fallen asleep at one point and still gained a level or two.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:08 PM

Its called experience

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:09 PM
I think Cryptic should nerf the exp. It is way too easy to level as it is now. There are so many quests that i think they should reduce the number of quests. Post level 30 is soooooo easy. Also i think there should be a penalty when u die, a huge exp loss. To all the noobs crying about the game, go get some skillz.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I think Cryptic should nerf the exp. It is way too easy to level as it is now. There are so many quests that i think they should reduce the number of quests. Post level 30 is soooooo easy. Also i think there should be a penalty when u die, a huge exp loss. To all the noobs crying about the game, go get some skillz.

Haha yeh and lose all your gear!

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:12 PM

Yeah, really. They should also give you negative XP whenever you kill enemies. I mean, really, what kind of idiot thinks those things are there to level up on?

Actually, I think there needs to be a constant negative stream of XP while you play. If you don't complete quests (which there are clearly too many of) fast enough, you get weaker and weaker. Also, whenever you level down, your keyboard should explode.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Funny :D -> noticed in chat all last night people saying the same thing.

But no, the game has not been patched to be easier.

I will admit the first week i got to play CO i was terrible and i died alot. But that was my learning phase.
Learning how to kite, pull, use the environment, blocking, when to use powers, kill priority all helped me to minimize my deaths and pwn mobs.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:14 PM
It feels easy because it was never that hard to begin with.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:15 PM
The main problem is in the first set of levels when people are working with only a couple attacks and no block/passive defenses. Once those things are in place the game changes from a meat grinder into a superhero game again.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I like the idea of a constant stream of exp loss. Also maybe a constant health loss. Say for us skilled players your health is constantly ticking down to zero. As is this game is too easy for all of us skilled, pro players. Everyone that is having a hard time are just unskilled noobs.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
The main problem is in the first set of levels when people are working with only a couple attacks and no block/passive defenses. Once those things are in place the game changes from a meat grinder into a superhero game again.

Just remember every super hero has his stumbling first steps. It's not till a super hero gets beat into the ground that he really finds his full potential to overcome any odds.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I agree with the original poster. They need to do a better job if they want to cater to their new audience.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Funny :D -> noticed in chat all last night people saying the same thing.

But no, the game has not been patched to be easier.

I will admit the first week i got to play CO i was terrible and i died alot. But that was my learning phase.
Learning how to kite, pull, use the environment, blocking, when to use powers, kill priority all helped me to minimize my deaths and pwn mobs.

Actually I think the adjusted the dmg of the mobs on the server side. I noticed they were doing less dmg now.