PDA

View Full Version : When, if ever, are the "1am maintenances" going to stop?

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Should we all just assume that this is going to be the time that you always do maintenance? I had heard at one point that it was "just a beta thing" and then it was "just a head start thing to prepare for launch", and I'm assuming now it's a "it's just a launch thing", but are we going to ever hit a point where you do them at a more convenient time for players*? 1am is a really bad time to do this every other night or so, in my opinion, but if it's here to stay, I'd like to know now so that I basically don't ever anticipate playing after 1am.

* - I do realize that other countries have to play on the same clock, but I am basing the "convenient time" off of the american server time.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Due to my busy work schedule, my play time is from Midnight to 2am.

I get screwed nightly.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
We're hoping that this won't extend beyond the first week or two of launch. After things settle down, we'll get into a more regular schedule, with maintenance occuring maybe once a week.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:29 AM

I get screwed nightly.

While I admire your stamina, bragging is unseemly.

:D

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Should we all just assume that this is going to be the time that you always do maintenance? I had heard at one point that it was "just a beta thing" and then it was "just a head start thing to prepare for launch", and I'm assuming now it's a "it's just a launch thing", but are we going to ever hit a point where you do them at a more convenient time for players*? 1am is a really bad time to do this every other night or so, in my opinion, but if it's here to stay, I'd like to know now so that I basically don't ever anticipate playing after 1am.

* - I do realize that other countries have to play on the same clock, but I am basing the "convenient time" off of the american server time.

The problem with then changing around the time is ALL countries are affected by this so it is impossible to find a "perfect" time to do it. They just have to choose and go with it.

Archived Post

I get screwed nightly.

Yeah Baby!

Archived Post
We're hoping that this won't extend beyond the first week or two of launch. After things settle down, we'll get into a more regular schedule, with maintenance occuring maybe once a week.

Thanks for the response on the regularity.
Do you foresee the time frame as being the same or being pushed back to something like 3-5am?

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:32 AM
While I admire your stamina, bragging is unseemly.

:D

I dont like the 1 am pst time either because I can only play for an hour before the server gets taken down. Please consider that many people live in California and are on PST, if they just moved it back to 2 am PST everyone would be happy.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:34 AM
I dont like the 1 am pst time either because I can only play for an hour before the server gets taken down. Please consider that many people live in California and are on PST, if they just moved it back to 2 am PST everyone would be happy.

I believe you may have mistaken the tone of my post. ;)

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:38 AM

You would be incorrect...

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Didn't CoH have daily maintenance in the mornings if I remember correctly? Even though Daeke said things might change in a few weeks there are some game companies who feel the need to do daily instead of big weekly downtimes. It's their choice.

The only thing I would suggest if you do keep this up is to switch maintenance to the morning since ther are probably more people playing at 1 am than there are at 7-8 am ;)

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:50 AM

No way, I'm in MST and then my play time would be screwed... nightly. And yes I am bragging. :)

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Didn't CoH have daily maintenance in the mornings if I remember correctly? Even though Daeke said things might change in a few weeks there are some game companies who feel the need to do daily instead of big weekly downtimes. It's their choice.

The only thing I would suggest if you do keep this up is to switch maintenance to the morning since ther are probably more people playing at 1 am than there are at 7-8 am ;)

People playing video games at 1am PDT, 2am MDT, 3am CST, or 4am EST are staying up too late. People waking up at 6-10am in their respective US timezones are having a healthy night's sleep. Cryptic is enforcing good sleep habits, of course!

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 11:07 AM

bzzt! Try again.

Archived Post
09-04-2009, 12:02 PM
People playing video games at 1am PDT, 2am MDT, 3am CST, or 4am EST are staying up too late. People waking up at 6-10am in their respective US timezones are having a healthy night's sleep. Cryptic is enforcing good sleep habits, of course!

lol, yeah its their sneaky way of saying......."go to bed idiots! Don't you know its 2 in the morning??!"