PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Reflexes Dodge Question

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 10:34 PM
-Howdy all. I have a LR character, i recently took a Shield for the Block action as my new power. However, after doing some more reading, it seems LR dodges the big ones that you usually set the block for. SO, is a shield a waste on a LR character or does it help mitigate even more?

Thanks for any wisdom you can provide, have a good day.

Rattletrap

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 10:41 PM
It helps mitigate it even more. If you choose one of the longer lasting Block Powers (some persist or have triggers like the Energy Shield block power with Laser Knight upgrade) it'll help even more. Yeah you block the heavy attacks but its the rapid weaker attacks that eat away at LR Characters. So a longer lasting defense would really help there.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:01 PM
LR has only 1/2 chance to block vs fast attacks, like what most henchmen do.
It has normal chance against attacks that have 0.5 sec or so activate time.
And it has double chance to block vs buildup powers.

So its the opposite of Invul, which is good vs lots of small attacks, but not so great vs a big one. However as you said vs the big one you already use block, so LR really is not that great for every day combat.

It might be awesome later on for maintanks in lairs, where really every bit of mitigation against a super duper mega villain is worth it.
But even then, its main flaw is, that its chance based, so either it mitigates a huge amount or nothing. While the other powers may be a bit weaker compared to the peak of LR, but at least they work constantly and consistently.

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 01:54 AM
So guess something like Force Shield with Force Sheath or Energy Shield with Laser Knight will probably be best choice for block power with Lightning Reflexes? Still haven't selected mine in my meleer because I was rather undecided

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Indeed~ I have Lightning Reflexes on my Munitions Character. I think I need to respec out of holdout shot and get one of the longer lasting block powers to survive after this Nerf/Henchmen Upgrade. Its not that I think LR is worse than the other powers, its just that with the Henchmen buff, which are the harder attacks to Dodge, I need a little something extra to carry me through a fight.

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 06:21 AM
-Thanks for the replies. I made a glass canon of sorts, unintentionally, and took Dex/Ego. So i guess i'll just keep pumping up that Dex. I'll keep the Energy shield as it fits the look for my character, will also look at this Laser Knight upgrade you mentioned.

I know that my damage could increase with a form, but i hate dropping a defensive passive (even if it only works some of the time) for an offensive passive as i do a lot of solo play. Though for the times i do group up i suppose an off. passive would be welcome as i sure ain't the tank.

Thanks again, any other thoughts appreciated.

Rattletrap

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Laser Knight I think only triggers when you attack in melee.
If you use Bullet Ballet a lot its not really a problem but Munitions isn't known for close combat.