PDA

View Full Version : Regen or dodge?

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I am making a dual blade char. I was wondering if i should take regen or lighting reflexes. i mean i am going mainly into dext, then strenght, then recover, con and ego.

Regen scales with recovery and dex with lighting reflexes....maybe i should get invul instead..urghh i dunno.

Can somebody help me out? Maybe there is another ability tht is better?

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Invuln scales with Str and Con, so it depends what you take as superstats. Everyone I know hated Lightning Reflexes, though.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Hmm?? as far as I know, regen is affected by no stats, did they announce somewhere that regen will be getting recovery as a stat?

Well, Lightning Reflexes would have a better chance at surviving powerful attacks by legendary or cosmic enemies. With Regen if you don't block every single attack, then you risk being one-shotted often.

With Regen you won't require a form of healing to survive long battles.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:26 PM
http://forums.champions-online.com/showpost.php?p=912802&postcount=23

Per dev, Regen scales with Rec.

With Regen, you will definitely need another form of healing at level 30+, Resurgence is good if you're Rec-specced anyway, or Bountiful Chi whatever.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:28 PM
ya a dev said regen will scale with recovery

2nd page http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=51174&page=2

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:30 PM
so would u say lightning reflex is better?...i can probably pick up a self heal power if i need to.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:30 PM
If you're going Rec specced, I like Regen and Resurg for convenience. Regen runs all the time, and Resurg is a good "oh poop" button. I've not been one-shotted with Regen, but I also took Force Shield and Force Sheath so I can tap the Block key and get some carry-over.

Everything I've read is people saying Lightning Reflexes is terrible, but this was in Open Beta, no idea if it changed or not.