PDA

View Full Version : A few small issues with NPCs

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 01:09 PM
While playing the game last night, I was irked by some of the behavior that the NPCs exhibited. After the Sept. 1st patch, henchies do 25% more damage and enemies over 4 levels below my level give no experience. I have no problem with either of these changes individually, but when you come to realize that enemies more than four levels lower are no longer trivial to deal with (IE 3 of them can manage to kill me if I don't react immediately) and the fact that they will still aggro when I travel by them, this is a slight annoyance.

Furthermore, while grouping and traveling from one quest to the next, I would fly while my teammate was using acrobatics. I was flying somewhat close to the ground and following behind my teammate in order to make sure he didn't die due to aggroing too much (see the first problem). He'd quite often aggro things in passing which would then turn right to me and attacking. I wouldn't normally have been attacked by these mobs, but since my teammate aggroed them, they start attacking me? They would detoggle my travel power and no less than 3 or 4 groups of spawns that the teammate had run by would all of a sudden start coming towards me even though they were far away from me to begin with. Needless to say, I couldn't survive all of these waves of enemies and would end up dying. This really discouraged me from grouping as these incidents wouldn't have occurred provided that I was playing by myself.

I know that there will be those people who tell me I need to learn to play better or to make a better build, but I don't think that those are valid responses. I can easily adjust to do things like fly higher (even when I'm in a party) to avoid these issues, but that doesn't make these any less of a problem with the game itself.

To summarize, something needs to be done about lower level mobs for which you get no experience aggroing as players travel by. Also, the transference of aggro from team members should be reconsidered in some manner. I don't pretend to have all of the answers, just wanted to bring something to everybody's attention and get some valid feedback (not "QQ more nub"). Thanks guys.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 01:41 PM
I know that this post is pretty un-sensationalist and might therefore be unpopular, but I was hoping to get at least one reply.