PDA

View Full Version : DARKNESS set combined with Supernatural/Telepathy, need suggestions

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Hello everyone, I just hit level 16 and have no trouble surviving so far as long as i regularly block and pull the right amount of mobs. PVP wise i feel fine too. My build is below.

Build by championBuilder 0.2.4 (http://champions.zarzu.ch)

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4131g50g0050g2070g10045zz0a5 0g5350g5150g405zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5 zzzz5zzzz75y10l5y2025y2075y2065y20p5zzzz5zzzz25y00 25y007dWhite Shadow)

White Shadow: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Constitution
Level 13: Super Endurance

Powers:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt
Level 1: Shadow Blast
Level 5: Shadow Embrace -- Rank 2, Fatal Allure
Level 5: Fire Flight
Level 8: Shadow Form
Level 11: Spirit Reverberation
Level 14: Ebon Void
Level 17:
Level 20:
Level 23:
Level 26:
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 35:
Level 38:

Talents:
Level 1: Abyssal
Level 6: Enduring
Level 9: Energetic
Level 12: Tireless
Level 15: Boundless Reserves
Level 18:
Level 21:

I'm using shadow form as offensive passive. Shadow Embrace combined with the knockdown is literally a henchman raper. If I get the angle right i can take on 7-8 henchmen easily with shadow embrace. I use shadow blast mostly for sniping runners and villains. I also use the Guardian build as the Avenger is plain suicide for soloing. Besides CON/END i am trying to stack some dexterity as to keep the critical chance at least %3.

Now that those are out of the way, I thought I will be needing an AOE attack that would stun/hold. I'm thinking either Condemn from supernatural or Ego sprites from telepathy (this doesn't stun/hold but I felt that it might be an opener dot).

As for healing I'm torn between Resurgence or Life Drain. I hear life drain is interrupted all the time since it's a charge power and also heard that the healing does not scale with the shadow form.

People who experimented with darkness/supernatural/telepathy builds or any other that complement darkness set can you please give some insights and suggestions on how I go about with my build. Thanks.

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Any advices?

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 03:25 AM
My main has a very similar build, darkness with con/end as superstats.

I've put my talent points into shadow form so far though as I didn't feel the need to drag opponents towards me to start with. Although my next power choice will probably by ego sprites with the self HoT upgrade so dragging mobs and then DoTing them and HoTing myself should work well. Although a full embrace is usually enough to take down same lvl or even a lvl or 2 higher conning mobs so not sure if it's necessary.

I already have drain life and it's been very useful soloing tougher +3 lvl super villains when just continually charging shadow blast doesn't take them down quick enough. Blocking, drain life, blocking, drain life etc etc. Not the most exciting boss fights but effective.

It can be interrupted but it's a maintained power so just start it up again, not a big deal at all.

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 03:27 AM
drop shadow blast :). I would start a shadow build as,

Powers:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt
Level 1: Shadow Embrace
Level 5: Spirit Reverberation
Level 5: Flight
Level 8: Shadow Form

Then the world is you oyster. I have ebon rift for giggles. It melts bosses that cannot be knocked back, and throws everything else around. Shadow Embrace will be nerfed in the future. It's far to good a power for its accessibility. The more you level, the more you only really use this one power as your main form of attack.

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Now that those are out of the way, I thought I will be needing an AOE attack that would stun/hold. I'm thinking either Condemn from supernatural or Ego sprites from telepathy (this doesn't stun/hold but I felt that it might be an opener dot).
I use both of those (instead of Ebon Void and Spirit Reverb). For groups I start with a charged Condemn, then throw out the sprites followed by Shadow Embrace. That usually takes care of henchmen.

]As for healing I'm torn between Resurgence or Life Drain. I hear life drain is interrupted all the time since it's a charge power and also heard that the healing does not scale with the shadow form.
I just hit 17 and picked up Psionic Healing, so still don't have a good sense of how well that will work (I tend to solo/duo a lot).

Otherwise no defensive passive or block yet, but I seem to manage OK most of the time (I seem to die most often from landing into groups with Acro :confused:).

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 03:39 AM
condemn is highly recommended, along with Ego Storm.
don't forget Shadow Shroud - it stacks with shadow form, and is good for breaking from holds

i would take resurgence over lifedrain, but i dont use a passive or heals, not really needed (for pve) -

this build wipes everything. at level 20 i've solo'd all the way, with the hardest super villains being taken down at equal level or less. energy is never a problem. I'm saving a spot for Resurgence at the end in case it becomes necessary. And Telepathic Reverb is there if they fix it. Still ahve 3 empty slots - one maybe for a knockback (emergency only). It is a Con/End build with talents focusing on con, end, and rec.

note that this build doesn't capitalize on the advantages that one would get with Fear if using a more strict Darkness build - holds are more of it's specialty

ps: i went psi lash because i can't stand the animation for the dart energy builders (and i like the hold that ego blast gives). Psi lash also had an advantage that debuffs Ego resistance.

Build by championBuilder 0.2.4 (http://champions.zarzu.ch)

Download this Build here. (http://champions.zarzu.ch/download.php?download=4131g50f0050f2050d105zz0050g 5050i405034050g5350d705zzzz50f115zzzz5zzzz50f305zz 0350i5275zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz5zzzz25zzzz5 zzzz1)

: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5:
Level 13:

Powers:
Level 1: Psi Lash
Level 1: Ego Blast
Level 5: Ego Weaponry
Level 5: Flight
Level 8: Shadow Shroud
Level 11: Condemn
Level 14: Force Shield