PDA

View Full Version : My name is a reserved username.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 07:25 AM
I can't seem to access my account because it keeps saying my username is reserved. Logging into the forums obviously does work. I was able to start a subscription through the "Enter Key" link after i logged in to the forum but i now have no way of getting to the "my account" pages again.

If my username were reserved...you'd think it would be reserved for me...because it's my username right?

So i figured i'd create a ticket for it but i can't because i need to login first. So i need to login with an account i can't login with to create a ticket about not being able to login with the account that i wanted to create the ticket with.

For the record..its about the my account pages on the frontpage, i can edit everything related to my forum account.

Please help... :/

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Kinetik is an NPC speedster in the game who is a member of Champions. Therefore it is not allowed as a username. You should contact Customer Support.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 07:28 AM
So theres now an NPC with a subscription?

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 08:13 AM

That's not what he said. He said there is a major NPC in the game that has the name Kinetik. It is reserved for that reason. The forums don't seem to have the same name restrictions.

Why did you have to make such an asinine comment. People try to help you and this is how you act?

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 09:05 AM

LOL, well I was gonna tell you how to fix it, but Oh well.. good luck.

Try not being a smart ass, or go play another MMO, cause the COH, COV, CO community never was much for epween ragers.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 10:33 AM
telling me to contact customer support while i clearly stated that i cannot create tickets is not helping really.

and if the name was reserved, how is it at all possible for me to actually have and use that name? how can i possibly have a subscription associated with that particular account?

i registered the name for the beta, i log into the game with it as well. when i created the account i didn't even know there was an npc with the name and i was actually surprised to see one that had the exact same name as me.

my comment meant just that. it should not be possible and apparantly there now really is an npc with a subscription. one that i'm paying for.

as for the 'i was going to tell you...' and 'go play whatever' comments...i used to say stuff like that too when i was 12. please don't talk to me again untill you're atleast over 18.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey Kinetik,

We should be able to resolve your issue, but it looks like it is due to having a Champions NPC name restricting you access. We are looking in to this now and should have a resolution for you shortly. Is this only affecting you website log in?

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Why did you have to make such an asinine comment. People try to help you and this is how you act?

Did you even read the comment he was responding too? He told him to contact customer support after the OP just clearly said that he CAN'T contact customer support. He DESERVED an asinine comment.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 12:06 PM
He can't contact customer support IN GAME. Seems the forums still work well for him.

Kinetik is an NPC speedster in the game who is a member of Champions. Therefore it is not allowed as a username. You should contact Customer Support.

This does nothing other than answer the "Why" part of Kinetik's issue, although not the entire answer he was looking for, It doesn't deserve any snide remarks.

For shame

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Did you even read the comment he was responding too? He told him to contact customer support after the OP just clearly said that he CAN'T contact customer support. He DESERVED an asinine comment.

Yes I read it. Did you ever stop and think that there is more than one way to contact customer support. How about I don't know a phone call. You don't need to sign in to the webstie to call them. You don't even need to sign in to get the number. If you can't seem it figure out how to get it, then maybe you should write this information down.

Online Ticket Support:

We offer online ticket support for registered users. To file a ticket, or view status of your current tickets, click here*.
Phone Support:

We also offer live phone support Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST. You can contact us by phone at:
(USA)
+1-408-354-7850
(UK)
0870 490 0617

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
telling me to contact customer support while i clearly stated that i cannot create tickets is not helping really.

PM a mod then with the info about your situation and a small list of substitute names that are acceptable to you. I'm sure they will be happy to change your global name quick, fast, and in a hurry to get you in-game ASAP. That or wait until they see this thread.

and if the name was reserved, how is it at all possible for me to actually have and use that name? how can i possibly have a subscription associated with that particular account?

There was a critical flaw in the system where you could create a forum name even though it would eventually be reserved in-game and via the account and login servers. You have the honor of being part of the living proof of this flaw. Remember, these forums have been up for well over a year now and many names could have slipped in long before they even had a list of reserved names put together. The reality is that the name is reserved now and is causing you grief, so you need a new one so you can get to the task at hand: playing the game.

i registered the name for the beta, i log into the game with it as well. when i created the account i didn't even know there was an npc with the name and i was actually surprised to see one that had the exact same name as me.

I'm surprised it let the name slip so close to the beta, but either way, just dumb luck. Get it sorted and you'll be fine.

my comment meant just that. it should not be possible and apparantly there now really is an npc with a subscription. one that i'm paying for.

as for the 'i was going to tell you...' and 'go play whatever' comments...i used to say stuff like that too when i was 12. please don't talk to me again untill you're atleast over 18.

No need to be smug about it. It is kind of funny that it can happen. I laughed. Fun's over. The display name you chose is a main character and is reserved. They can easily change that for you. Logic dictates that a fictional non-player character cannot have a subscription. Thus, there is no subscription for you to be paying for but your own.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

The problem happens when i try to login at the top right side of the main page or when i click the "My Account" link at the bottom right.

If i need a name change thats fine with me to be honest. Whatever works really, preferably while keeping my current toons :)

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes I read it. Did you ever stop and think that there is more than one way to contact customer support. How about I don't know...

...posting it on the forum?

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 03:18 PM
...posting it on the forum?

Which is fine but when someone didn't give you the answer you wanted you make a snide remark. All I was trying to say was it was uncalled for. Then Sorenia chimed in saying that the comment you made to thepatriot was justified because you couldn't contact customer support. So I just made a point that there are other ways to do it than tickets.

Archived Post
09-02-2009, 03:20 PM
And then said: Word.

Archived Post
09-03-2009, 08:52 AM

Ever hear of a telephone? Amazing invention.