PDA

View Full Version : I'm on the I don't like the patch bandwagon

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I normally only lurk the forums but I logged in my gadget guy and I was killed by a 3 henchman pull. Was it easy before? Sure, against henchman I felt no fear but with my heal bots off healing someone else and my battle bots shooting boxes. I stand there and die where once I ruled.
Some will say my build sux's but when I picked my skills I did not need to put points into other things because I had no issue with henchman and the bosses did kill me if I was not on my toes and doing the right things.
But with things are now I logged out and I figure I will need to re-roll just so I can kill things again.
Granted I'm only 18th level but those are 18 levels I did not want to redo just yet.

And everyone talking about feeling "Super". If I recall this is a quote from one of the lead developers or something and I did feel powerful in PvE and I kind of liked it.

Blood-n-bloody ashes I want to again!

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I normally only lurk the forums but I logged in my gadget guy and I was killed by a 3 henchman pull. Was it easy before? Sure, against henchman I felt no fear but with my heal bots off healing someone else and my battle bots shooting boxes. I stand there and die where once I ruled.
Some will say my build sux's but when I picked my skills I did not need to put points into other things because I had no issue with henchman and the bosses did kill me if I was not on my toes and doing the right things.
But with things are now I logged out and I figure I will need to re-roll just so I can kill things again.
Granted I'm only 18th level but those are 18 levels I did not want to redo just yet.

And everyone talking about feeling "Super". If I recall this is a quote from one of the lead developers or something and I did feel powerful in PvE and I kind of liked it.

Blood-n-bloody ashes I want to again!

Not only was it a quote from a dev, it was from Roper himself in an interview. You can catch it up on gametrailers and youtube. He said the great thing about the champions universe is you dont start off nerfed (paraphrasing here) you are up there and on par fighting side by side with the most powerful heroes in the universe. No killing boars and crap like that. You are a superhero from the getgo, wading through henchmen to fight off the true evil of the situation. In fact he specifically cited that minions should be easy and die by the droves before your heroes might.

Nothing like doing a 180 huh?

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
yeah i know what you mean... My character is Regen, eye beam, sonic arrow, power glove, and ego sprites as my main damage, I'm also running an almost strait ego/dex build with some con thrown in for hps. With This setup, I have been hit very hard by the patch, everything but sonic arrow got the nerf bat.