PDA

View Full Version : What is this 3 licenses Crap?

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 11:27 AM
From My Gamestop Email?

This game has 3 licenses available. This means you may install the game on other computers and activate it up to 3 times.

What is this crap.. I have several computers I play on. My home desktop. My laptop, My Home server and my office computer.

There was never any mention of this. And why have the equiv of DRM in the game when you can just download the client anyway?

Who's bright Idea was it to use DRM in an MMO that you can download from anywhere. And if I need to reinstall/rebuild (something I like to do every few months to keep my systems neat). What am I supposed to do. Jump though hoops to get extra activations or something.

Never in any FAQ or notice was any such thing mentioned!?!?

Things get more and more disturbing with this game and You decide to pull all of this ON the day of release.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 11:28 AM
If this is not a communication error and actually present....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaha at putting DRM on a MMO.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
You can probably buy more activations in the microtransaction store.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Standard boilerplate email.

As long as you have an active account you can d/l the client from your my account page as many times as you want. All that really matters is getting the account activation code from Gamestop.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
:rolleyes: at Gamestop... wait, I bought my copy there!:o

:rolleyes:

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 11:44 AM
From My Gamestop Email?

This game has 3 licenses available. This means you may install the game on other computers and activate it up to 3 times.
Sounds like a standard Gamestop email for downloaded games.

You don't need to "activate" Champions Online to play it, you need an account with a retail key and the launcher (which can be downloaded from your My Account page here).

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Sounds like a standard Gamestop email for downloaded games.

You don't need to "activate" Champions Online to play it, you need an account with a retail key and the launcher (which can be downloaded from your My Account page here).

Correct there is no 'activation' of the game program. The only thing you need is an active account with the game server to play. Well and a client to connect to it.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Fraking lazy Btards.... 10 seconds.. Thats all it would have taken 10 seconds to edit the email form before distributing..

I should have seen form the start when they were so buddy buddy with GS that Crypt was a poor place to invest my gaming money and time.

You learn something new every day.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Things get more and more disturbing with this game and You decide to pull all of this ON the day of release.
/ragequit?

Seriously, if you freaked out without even thinking about it you might need a little break :)

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
You actually got an email? Lucky you!

Another posting said they were typing mails for everyone...
Well, let's hope that one guy typing our mails soon gets to mine :P