PDA

View Full Version : you just shot your game in the nuts. On launch day

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 09:08 AM
From a business standpoint it would have made more sense to wait until all of us preorders had picked up our games, THEN applied this mistake- err patch. Well, I suppose you figure you have robbed enough people with the lifetime and 6 month subscriptions, I guess I should salute your sense of fair play. I'm glad you gave me the testing hours I needed to ascertain that you've ruined at least 4 powersets, and laid the framework for gimping the rest of them. At least you fixed sorcery!

I don't know what "superhero" world you guys are imagining where the hero is defeated by a few asthmatic muggers. Perhaps Mark Millar's Kick Ass is the influence for the Champions Online universe. Thanks for a fun beta, I had a blast. Keep the launch version, good luck selling it.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 09:09 AM
QQ Quooty Hoo!

Archived Post
Did you really need to make a new thread when there were atleast 10 others with the same incentive (to whine) as yours?

Archived Post
From a business standpoint it would have made more sense to wait until all of us preorders had picked up our games, THEN applied this mistake- err patch. Well, I suppose you figure you have robbed enough people with the lifetime and 6 month subscriptions, I guess I should salute your sense of fair play. I'm glad you gave me the testing hours I needed to ascertain that you've ruined at least 4 powersets, and laid the framework for gimping the rest of them. At least you fixed sorcery!

I don't know what "superhero" world you guys are imagining where the hero is defeated by a few asthmatic muggers. Perhaps Mark Millar's Kick Ass is the influence for the Champions Online universe. Thanks for a fun beta, I had a blast. Keep the launch version, good luck selling it.
World of ******** is waiting for you to return with your 3 button mashing.

Archived Post
Well I don't know about you... but I'm off to the store in an hour to get my game. If you're not getting yours and continuing to play... I can honestly say I wont miss you. :p

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 09:12 AM

Maybe that's the real reason they reopened lifetime subs. To late to cancel now!

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
World of ******** is waiting for you to return with your 3 button mashing.

Hmm gee thought of that just now did you? Nope you spit out something MILLIONS already said.. thats the best some have.

Sorry OP.. what did you think the 6month or lifers would do? There going to STICK UP for this.. Its not bad.. ..

No these guys just follow.. never had a business blah blah..

You guys missed the point again. Its not if you like the patch or not. Its how cryptic did it. No test servers, no warning, nothing.. they did it ON launch day.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Jus got back from my lunch hours, played two characters, DPS Munitions and Sorcery/Force Support.

Change is barely noticable. Mowed down multiple groups of same-level henchman with both characters, only dropped below half health when I tried to take on groups with more than one villain.

People are exaggerating this way beyond belief.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 09:14 AM
The defensive passive nerf wasn't that bad. Whats bad is how op'd they were and how reliant everyone became on them. Play without one, and you won't have a problem you actually have to move and block now instead of standing in a croud of 10 mobs and aoe'ing everything down.

The glaring problems are the retcon system and the content gaps they've created with the xp nerfs. Not to mention doing a sweeping change of passives and not giving a full retcon, coupled with the fact of a broken retcon system and not giving everyone respecs after they so called "fixed" the dumb thing. The defensive passives are just an afterthought.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 09:17 AM

Such eloquence! How could anyone not see your point with a title like that?!?

I already went and picked up my copy at lunch; entered my product key and am living the life of a lifetime subscriber!

I'd buy this game in a second and I'd recommend it to anyone! Please stop complaining about issues that are only affecting your power game.

Archived Post
09-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Such eloquence! How could anyone not see your point with a title like that?!?

I already went and picked up my copy at lunch; entered my product key and am living the life of a lifetime subscriber!

I'd buy this game in a second and I'd recommend it to anyone! Please stop complaining about issues that are only affecting your power game.
Seconded although I have to wait til I am on my way home to pick up the copy I prebought without even playing the beta.
The game is tough now???Sign me up. I am sick of handholding.