PDA

View Full Version : Any reason NOT to take Super Endurance?

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 02:45 PM
I am hoping to get some advice from the more experienced and clever character builders. So far, I have been happy with the characters I have made, but aside from specific might (str/con) and crit (dex/ego) builds, I see no reason not to take super endurance on almost every build (and often Personal Force Field to go with it).

Why shouldn't I be taking Super Endurance on most of my builds?

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Some power sets are actually very energy efficient, and you may find yourself with an overabundance of energy.

You're right, however, endurance, and to a lesser degree con, are the preferred choices for your two focuses.

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Get super recovery and switch to support stance. You will NEVER run out of energy again, plus your equilibrium will be at around 90% capacity.

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
That and you can generally stack a good amount of End / Rec through your other talents and gear anyways, so you don't have to superstat it if you don't wish to.

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 02:52 PM
depends on what powers IMO.

There are some maintained powers that benefit from a greater pool of energy then anything else....such as some pulse-based maintains that actually seem to get a bit stronger over time. I usually build to max and let loose with such powers.

Using these powers...having a greater max of nrg will always be better IMO.

Since not all powers work this way........ I'd say no, high end isn't a must.

Get super recovery and switch to support stance. You will NEVER run out of energy again, plus your equilibrium will be at around 90% capacity.

I might try to make a character based around a build like this; might be fun.

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 03:07 PM

the support role a two-way street. you'll also lose a lot of defensive and offensive capabilities. i consider my character (archer/ele) a support character, but I still use the balanced role. i did however take super recovery.

at level 17, my equi is around 60% (due to an energy form and my rec amount)-- it takes 3 shots from my strafe to build up to full energy (~159ish).

while it would be REALLY nice to pull off my hold+nuke without having to build that little bit of energy first, but its really hard to one-shot a player, so even if i could hold+nuke initially, the reduced defensive and offensive capabilities balance it out.

also, i do have enough energy to do the hold+nuke without ever building any energy first, but the maintain attack is sooo much more effective with a full energy pool.

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 03:10 PM
That and you can generally stack a good amount of End / Rec through your other talents and gear anyways, so you don't have to superstat it if you don't wish to.

The first time I build my arch/ele I took dex/ego as SS's and woefully regretted the decision of neglecting my recovery. it depends on your build for sure though. if you don't have a lot of powers that require a long maintain to be utterly effective, then yeah, you really don't need to SS end or recovery.

rec > end imo. again, it all depends on the character.

Archived Post
08-31-2009, 03:43 PM
The first time I build my arch/ele I took dex/ego as SS's and woefully regretted the decision of neglecting my recovery. it depends on your build for sure though. if you don't have a lot of powers that require a long maintain to be utterly effective, then yeah, you really don't need to SS end or recovery.

rec > end imo. again, it all depends on the character.

Well you have to be careful there Stuckpig, Rec is great and all but it only increases your equilibrium and increases energy gained from energy building attacks

where End increases your maximum energy and increases energy gained from energy building attacks as well.

If you stack too much Recovery and not enough Endurance your going to find yourself close to a 75% - 90% Equilibrium to start off with on your energy bar, which sounds great, and may look great on paper.

But how helpful is it when you have a High Equilibrium on a 80 - 100 point energy pool? Not that great I would say, hah.